Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manderson1984 View Post
    Not an apples to apples conversation. Football has 7 rounds a year for those kids to get drafted. Also football is easier to predict as far as pros. Basketball is a little different outside the top 5-10, rest of the NBA draft picks are a crap shoot. Also most NCAA championships teams the last 5-10 years have had 1-2 top 20 kids in their class. They kill in the 50-150 range and develop them for 3-4 years

This is what makes a guy like Walton to have a chance to be so valuable. 3-4 year guy who Hs chance to develop.
    Also add to the NBA that you’ve got a bymch of international guys on top of it. Much different draft profile

It sure would be nice to hear an “inside scoop” from a poster about Walton. Isn’t there someone on this board who has a cousin who used to work with the husband’s nephew of an aunt of a neighbor of Walton who heard a comment about recruiting coming from an open window of the Walton home while walking their dog on the sidewalk in the Walton’s neighborhood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    It sure would be nice to hear an “inside scoop” from a poster about Walton. Isn’t there someone on this board who has a cousin who used to work with the husband’s nephew of an aunt of a neighbor of Walton who heard a comment about recruiting coming from an open window of the Walton home while walking their dog on the sidewalk in the Walton’s neighborhood?

If he's leaning towards the Gophers, I completely agree. If it's somewhere else, you're full of crap.

Everyone knows you walk your dog right next your neighbors’ windows!

Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post
    Everyone knows you walk your dog right next your neighbors’ windows!
    If only I had a dog!

What’s the latest with Walton? Is he waiting until spring to commit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    This is one of the stranger recruitments I've seen as far as lack of info. But he is scheduled to visit UNC next weekend. Guessing maybe some news after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Vision View Post
    Almost no chance he waits until spring. This one is moving now. Should know in less than one month.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Almost no chance he waits until spring. This one is moving now. Should know in less than one month.
    Do we have a chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Bordergopher View Post
    Do we have a chance?

Sure. That UNC visit is heavy on impressive. Hall of Fame coach, huge brand, Jordan stopping by. Lets see what they can tell him about playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by builtbadgers View Post
    Sure. That UNC visit is heavy on impressive. Hall of Fame coach, huge brand, Jordan stopping by. Lets see what they can tell him about playing time.
    Don't have to take real classes....

I would never let my kid attend a school that disregards his educations so much in favor of winning! UNC has cheated those students out of a real education and a future after basketball! They took advantage of those players, used them and spit them out when they were done. No sense of responsibility or integrity as an institution! UNC should have lost their accreditation as a university.

Agree with ever word of this. The issue is that many players and families see it differently.

Lot of UNC buzz for 4* combo guard R.J Davis who announces tomorrow. 247 crystal balls are trending UNC more and more by the day. I’ve figured Walton’s good as gone due to the lack of Gophers chatter in his recruitment but I do wonder whether he circles back now that he’s made a few trips.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    Don't have to take real classes....

I would never let my kid attend a school that disregards his educations so much in favor of winning! UNC has cheated those students out of a real education and a future after basketball! They took advantage of those players, used them and spit them out when they were done. No sense of responsibility or integrity as an institution! UNC should have lost their accreditation as a university.
    Not going to derail this thread, so I won't reply to this after this post. Feel free to PM me if you like.

I don't agree that UNC should've lost accreditation because one dept of one college in the university was rotten. That would mean scientists doing research on cancer would lose their grants, people doing all kinds of amazing work across the university would have their work be in jeopardy. The value of the degrees earned by tens of thousands of students would be risked.

That was never going to happen, and I agree with that.

Now, if we had been talking about many departments all across the school, letting students get no-show A's, and it was some provable conspiracy .... then I would agree with you about accreditation.

Let's also make it clear: UNC could have, and SHOULD have been punished by the NCAA. A sports punishment. That's completely different from punishing the school by taking away accreditation.

Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post
    Not going to derail this thread, so I won't reply to this after this post. Feel free to PM me if you like.

I don't agree that UNC should've lost accreditation because one dept of one college in the university was rotten. That would mean scientists doing research on cancer would lose their grants, people doing all kinds of amazing work across the university would have their work be in jeopardy. The value of the degrees earned by tens of thousands of students would be risked.

That was never going to happen, and I agree with that.

Now, if we had been talking about many departments all across the school, letting students get no-show A's, and it was some provable conspiracy .... then I would agree with you about accreditation.

Let's also make it clear: UNC could have, and SHOULD have been punished by the NCAA. A sports punishment. That's completely different from punishing the school by taking away accreditation.
    Disagree. UNC needs to maintain certain academic standards and is responsible for upholding those standards. They themselves said that there was nothing wrong with the classes so that means it represents the academic standards of the university. As such they should lose their accreditation across the board. UNC decided that it was more important to keep the basketball records intact than it was to respect the academic reputation of the university. It was their choice to discredit the university.

UNC should have come clean for the sake of all those other students and academic reputation of the school. But obviously, they value the cheating athletic programs more than any of their regular students. That is why I would NEVER let my kid go to a school that has such warped priorities!