All Things 2021 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

lol that makes more sense, the way i read that tweet initially made it sound as if the gophers had offered him twice, but now that I look again obviously meant his 2nd offer among all schools

Was hoping Collins would fall in love and verbal now.

That would be an extremely early commitment. Can’t remember the last time we’ve had a player commit at the start of their junior year.

Different for every kid but i have had kids and families tell me right after visits after Soph and early Junior year that they loved their experience and were going to grab their spot.

Anyone have any insight on the Kendall Brown recruitment? I thought it was interesting that he ended up at Sunrise where Linstead had ties. Not saying it means anything, but can't hurt.

Anyone have any insight on the Kendall Brown recruitment? I thought it was interesting that he ended up at Sunrise where Linstead had ties. Not saying it means anything, but can't hurt.

Will be interesting to see what happens here. The dad is very involved here, so if he holds no ill will with his older son not getting recruited here, you'd like think we have a chance. How much the staff wants him and the family will be the interesting part. Family will want to go where he will be developed and can become a pro.

Didn't realize collins was so highly touted when he first took his visit

Gophers have an offer out for him, super early commit for wisconsin's 2021 class

This run is obviously not the norm. Hats off to the Coaching staff for working hard under difficult circumstances still dealing with the Howard Moore tragedy.
2020s
4�� Ben Carlson (MN)
3�� Johnny Davis (WI)
3�� Steven Crowl (MN)
3�� Jordan Davis (WI)

2021s
4�� Matthew Mors (SD)
4�� Chucky Hepburn (NE)
4�� Chris Hodges (IL)

This run is obviously not the norm. Hats off to the Coaching staff for working hard under difficult circumstances still dealing with the Howard Moore tragedy.
2020s
4�� Ben Carlson (MN)
3�� Johnny Davis (WI)
3�� Steven Crowl (MN)
3�� Jordan Davis (WI)

2021s
4�� Matthew Mors (SD)
4�� Chucky Hepburn (NE)
4�� Chris Hodges (IL)

Never understood the idea that Gard couldn't recruit from Wisky fans. Was always a major recruiter under Bo. The previous couple lame duck years were more Bo's fault and how he left than Gards inability to recruit.

I agree, He had some bad circumstances when Bo was getting ready to pull the plug. Signed Herro only to be left standing at the alter when Kent came calling. The only issue most had was when he stuck with Joey Hauser so long when it was fairly obvious he was not coming to Wis. I think he learned from that. Minny will likely sign some of their targets soon as well. Kids are taking their visits now so decisions will be made quickly.

I agree, He had some bad circumstances when Bo was getting ready to pull the plug. Signed Herro only to be left standing at the alter when Kent came calling. The only issue most had was when he stuck with Joey Hauser so long when it was fairly obvious he was not coming to Wis. I think he learned from that. Minny will likely sign some of their targets soon as well. Kids are taking their visits now so decisions will be made quickly.

Pitino has been a notorious late recruiter (whether by design or not can be up for discussion). Not nearly worried about the Gophers class right now. Gard has the opposite plan. Go early and get your guys may miss out on a better player hoping for a bigger offer. Wait on big fish and may miss out on the 4 stars. Little more a fan of Gards approach, but I see benefits in both.

Pitino has been a notorious late recruiter (whether by design or not can be up for discussion). Not nearly worried about the Gophers class right now. Gard has the opposite plan. Go early and get your guys may miss out on a better player hoping for a bigger offer. Wait on big fish and may miss out on the 4 stars. Little more a fan of Gards approach, but I see benefits in both.

Badgers have had some decommits though too. That is the risk of taking early commits. They could decommit at the last second and you are left scrambling to fill the scholarship. Risks to both strategy. Badgers have had a heck of a month recruiting though, hats off to them.

Badgers have had some decommits though too. That is the risk of taking early commits. They could decommit at the last second and you are left scrambling to fill the scholarship. Risks to both strategy. Badgers have had a heck of a month recruiting though, hats off to them.

True Tyler Herro signed very early. He was a 5 star, Some people in the know were not surprised when Kentucky swooped in, but the rest of us non recruitniks were taken by surprise. He's the only one that decommitted from the BB team that I recall. Happens every year in foosball.

2021 Gopher recruiting.......

Get the Fck out of here with the skunks recruiting.

We don’t care!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is for updates on 2021 Gophers recruiting. If you want to discuss Wisconsin recruiting, we recommend starting a new thread.

Top Bottom