All Things Kendall Brown Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021: UPDATE - Gophers Offer)

Should I not post things about Kendall Brown in the all things Kendall Brown thread if it is not strictly gopher related?

We are recruiting him, so anything regarding his recruitment is Gopher related

Maybe the sunrise christian connection will come through next year lol

Looks like we were the first to offer him.

It's crazy that the 2021 MN class may be even more stacked with its top 3 (Holmgren, Brown and Thompson) than the 2020 MN class with Suggs, Garcia and whoever you consider third (Walton?)

It's crazy that the 2021 MN class may be even more stacked with its top 3 (Holmgren, Brown and Thompson) than the 2020 MN class with Suggs, Garcia and whoever you consider third (Walton?)

2021 is top heavy. After those 3 there’s a significant drop. 2020 class more HM prospects then 2021.

Dainja

Will he choose to play b-ball at the U. Big east in play? Wi. Takes the min suburb kids and big east takes the mn city kids

Will he choose to play b-ball at the U. Big east in play? Wi. Takes the min suburb kids and big east takes the mn city kids

Huh? Pretty sure Theo John and Dawson Garcia are from the burbs. What Big East kids have come from "the city" since Khalid El-Amin?

I doubt your trolling ass actually knows who Khalid was or that UConn used to be in the Big East though.

Why would you think that he is a "city kid"? He went to East Ridge, which is the same school as Ben Carlson who is a "suburb kid" going to Wisconsin. Is East Ridge a city school or a suburb school? Can't have it both ways just to fit whichever agenda you're currently pushing.

Why would you think that he is a "city kid"? He went to East Ridge, which is the same school as Ben Carlson who is a "suburb kid" going to Wisconsin. Is East Ridge a city school or a suburb school? Can't have it both ways just to fit whichever agenda you're currently pushing.
Don't get confused, it is the same agenda in every thread ?

Well JP Macura was from the City of Lakeville, so he's not entirely wrong.

Well that did not age well. Just got a text message that he has been offered and been in contact since Feb.

UVA offered months ago:

Go Gophers!!
Confirmed it tonight, for some reason UVA had not aknowledged it. I had not even thought there were all that interested but that changed when he liked the top 100 camp. Turns out i was wrong as i did not see him as their kind of player. Been wrong before. I think Keels is a far better fit, tenacious like a Brogdon. I knew he posted that message here but their staff never said anything.

Does anyone have any insight to this comment Brown made about the U? The way I'm reading it is that Pitino and Brown/Brown's family had a bad relationship, and they're working to fix it?

1589754467239.png

Does anyone have any insight to this comment Brown made about the U? The way I'm reading it is that Pitino and Brown/Brown's family had a bad relationship, and they're working to fix it?

View attachment 8057
I read into that as there just wasnt much of a relationship until recently and now they are buliding on one.

View attachment 8057

Much more likely that he just means it's improving because we're ramping up our recruitment of him. He's young and we had been focused on the 2020 class.

I do not think that there was anything negative there at all. It was simply that he had more time with Jeter.

I didn't like watching either of the Brown brothers at East Ridge a few years ago but Kendall is obviously a high-level prospect.

Would be a very nice get for the Gophers (won't spend much time hoping though), as he'd slot in nicely on the perimeter next to Kalscheur and Mashburn (assuming Carr is gone after this upcoming season). Playing in a lineup with Ihnen and Robbins would also give him optimal space - which is something he'll need given his outside shot is quite bad.

per Greder:

A five-star high school recruit with Minnesota ties has the Gophers men’s basketball program among his 10 finalists.

Kendall Brown, a 6-foot-7, 205-pound forward, is considered a top-15 player in the nation in the 2021 recruiting class, according to 247sports.com’s composite rankings. He announced his Top 10 over the weekend:

Minnesota, Kansas, Arizona, Virginia, Ohio State, Maryland, Illinois, Baylor, Marquette and Arkansas.

Rivals.com’s national recruiting analyst Corey Evans put Kansas and Ohio State as the two primary favorites, but Evans wondered what impact the NCAA levying five Level I rules violations against the Jayhawks earlier this month could have on Brown’s interest.

“I think Kansas has been the heavy talk for the past several months, still is,” Evans said. “We don’t know what the allegations might have on Kendall and his recruitment. Kansas got a commitment from a top-35 junior, so it didn’t effect him.”

Brown played at East Ridge High School in Woodbury before transferring to Sunrise Christian Academy in Kansas in July. He helped take the Raptors to their first state tournament appearance in 2019.

“He is a do-it-all wing forward that can play arguably four positions on the floor and on both ends,” Evans said. “He can defend, rebound. He can create for others and he can create for himself. His shot has improved, so there really are no major deficiencies in his game.”

The Gophers were the first program to offer Brown a scholarship in September 2018; he now has 19 total offers.

“It didn’t help (Minnesota’s pursuit) that he went away to high school,” Evans said. “We’ve seen more regionalized recruiting in light of the epidemic and maybe that does help Minnesota’s chances.”

Go Gophers!!

I didn't like watching either of the Brown brothers at East Ridge a few years ago but Kendall is obviously a high-level prospect.

Would be a very nice get for the Gophers (won't spend much time hoping though), as he'd slot in nicely on the perimeter next to Kalscheur and Mashburn (assuming Carr is gone after this upcoming season). Playing in a lineup with Ihnen and Robbins would also give him optimal space - which is something he'll need given his outside shot is quite bad.
Did the brown brothers come to the U?

Bill Self suggested he go to Sunrise so he can develop better and play at Kansas. Only way he doesn't go there is if they hit hard by sanctions.

Hopefully Kendall really missed Juicy Lucys while he was gone.

Top Bottom