Sid: Gophers football has sold 20,673 season tickets with a renewal rate of 86%

The bottom line is sustained, winning football. If you go back and look at attendance every time a good season came along (Rose Bowl years, the last conference championship, the Holtz years, Mason's 10-3 year, Kill's 8-4 season) attendance went up the following year only to go back down because we couldn't sustain it. The only two outliers are the year the Metrodome opened and the year the Bank opened where we had good attendance.

60 years? thats a lifetime. I hope for your sake your patience is repaid within the next 2 years. I hadn't followed football that closely before the Kill era and I feel like I am sailing past Cape Farewell.

Now a days 60 is middle aged, at least I hope so. You are far too young of a fan to be giving up faith on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at attendance over the years, going back to Memorial Stadium, the hard-core Gopher fan base is about 25,000 to 30,000 people. .

I would consider myself a hardcore fan but usually only go to one or two games a year. I don't think you have to go to every game to be a hardcore fan.

hello-world;1561871 We have a receiver as a coach so I'm sure that our throw game is going to improve under Fleck said:
but I would be amazed if the Gophers were ever able to run a successful Mike Leach-style air raid in Minnesota. The weather just doesn't allow for it.
[/B]

Our ideal offense is a dominate pro-style, but it takes really good players across the field to run up the score with that kind of scheme.

Could we please stop putting out the false argument that the weather in Minnesota in October and November is some sort of unique impediment to running a wide open, Air Raid type offense.

The weather in Oregon and Washington is probably worse than Minnesota in the fall, as it gets cooler sooner (yes I know they avoid the extremes, but it is not so great) and rains a lot more. Sure we can get a cold game once in a while (Wisconsin 2013), or a sloppy sloppy game (OSU 2014) once in a while, but in general the weather in Minnesota during the Big Ten Football is generally great for playing any kind of football.

My lord, Northwestern runs a fairly wide open spread offense (although with a lot of running) on a slow, sloppy grass field in Chicago of all places, where the fall weather is actually worse than here as well.

Penn State runs a pretty wide open offense as well, and the weather in Central PA is also not so great, on another grass field.

Scott Frost is getting ready to run something at Nebraska that we have not seen much of in the Big Ten as well, and guess what the Lincoln NE weather is probably not much different than ours through Thanksgiving.

Norwood Teague's idea to aggressively institute scholarship seating is having a lasting effect. Whether you think its a donation, "donation" or seat license, the cost attached to the majority of TCF's possible season ticket zones is significant compared to 2014 (See attached visuals).

The product on the field hasn't changed much and what was once an auto renew situation for many longtime season ticket holders, adding that substantial per-seat gift on top of admission has made them think twice. My group has had season tickets for 23 years. I was able to hold the group together through phase 1 but was unable to keep it fully intact when phase 2 arrived. We eventually moved from 213 to 215 into non-donation seats.

Scholarship seating is inevitably an obstacle to attract new season ticket holders too despite any enthusiasm they may have for the team. Want the family of 4 in modest upper deck seats on the 15 in the first 20-25 rows? Sticker price is $1,320. But you can only sit there if you spend another $600-$1,200. In an era when the U collects 51 million from tv, a fan might contemplate why seeing the game in-person costs so much.

2014.jpg

2018.jpg

Attachments

• seasonticketprices.jpg
    seasonticketprices.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 27

Norwood Teague's idea to aggressively institute scholarship seating is having a lasting effect. Whether you think its a donation, "donation" or seat license, the cost attached to the majority of TCF's possible season ticket zones is significant compared to 2014 (See attached visuals).

The product on the field hasn't changed much and what was once an auto renew situation for many longtime season ticket holders, adding that substantial per-seat gift on top of admission has made them think twice. My group has had season tickets for 23 years. I was able to hold the group together through phase 1 but was unable to keep it fully intact when phase 2 arrived. We eventually moved from 213 to 215 into non-donation seats.

Scholarship seating is inevitably an obstacle to attract new season ticket holders too despite any enthusiasm they may have for the team. Want the family of 4 in modest upper deck seats on the 15 in the first 20-25 rows? Sticker price is $1,320. But you can only sit there if you spend another $600-$1,200. In an era when the U collects 51 million from tv, a fan might contemplate why seeing the game in-person costs so much.

View attachment 5589

View attachment 5590

TS, I have loved all your post here in GH but the season ticket prices are not terrible for BT football. Im not sure what some of you think is reasonable but my suspicion is you want the 8 dollar ticket from 1975 to be reinstated.

I went from 4 to 6 tickets and upgraded zones this year. Say what you want about the prices, but at the end of the day it takes money to build a B1G championship program in this day and age. New facilities, bigger recruiting budgets, cool uniforms, etc.

In addition to better entertainment, I believe that the better our football team is the more prestigious and therefore valuable my Minnesota degrees become (loose correlation anyways). So in a small way, it’s sort of an investment! ��

I went to one game but it was the discounted home opener with the bad seats.
Had fun. Well worth the money spent.
Parking and traffic sucked.

True enough, I didn't consider illegal actions within the realm of my post.

if you know someone with the Cadillac of cable packages (like my dad) and get their comcast log in info, you an stream 99% of games except the stupid hockey games that are BTN +

only reason I have been able to completely cut the cord.

if you know someone with the Cadillac of cable packages (like my dad) and get their comcast log in info, you an stream 99% of games except the stupid hockey games that are BTN +

only reason I have been able to completely cut the cord.

This and the awful weekday games have potentially lost a generation of BT hockey fans...but it is getting better. oh, and that poster who commented on the legality of reddit stream
oh that poster is precious.

This and the awful weekday games have potentially lost a generation of BT hockey fans...but it is getting better. oh, and that poster who commented on the legality of reddit stream
oh that poster is precious.

Whatever one's position on the matter, it is a 100% factual statement that watching pirated streams is illegal. I didn't make a comment on it either way.

I did for an away game and the picture quality was much to be desired..."full screen" not really full screen and the site froze and crashed several times. I stream all the time, so it was nothing on my end.

It's a little hit an miss, but usually I can find a good stream that is full HD and stable.

Whatever one's position on the matter, it is a 100% factual statement that watching pirated streams is illegal. I didn't make a comment on it either way.

Actually that is 0% factual. It is illegal to provide the stream, but it is NOT illegal to consume.

If you only need cable for football season, I recommend YouTubeTV. Reasonable price and quality was amazing. Plus you get free DVR. I'm not sure why people pirate anything when it's so easy to legally gain access to cheap content.

Actually that is 0% factual. It is illegal to provide the stream, but it is NOT illegal to consume.

From what I've read, it's a gray area. Probably illegal but almost 0% chance you'd ever be able to be prosecuted. To me it's somewhat unethical to do though. You are finding surreptitious ways to get something for free that was never intended to be given away for free (sort of like the old days of stealing your neighbor's cable by splicing into it). But to each their own - don't need to get into a morals debate.

Back to season ticket talk......ummm...I hope they sell more!

From what I've read, it's a gray area. Probably illegal but almost 0% chance you'd ever be able to be prosecuted. To me it's somewhat unethical to do though. You are finding surreptitious ways to get something for free that was never intended to be given away for free (sort of like the old days of stealing your neighbor's cable by splicing into it). But to each their own - don't need to get into a morals debate.

Back to season ticket talk......ummm...I hope they sell more!

I was living in IA and having problems with my cable signal. Company finally sent a service tech to check it out. While working on a pole near my apartment, he somehow activated HBO to my apartment. (which I was not paying for.) I said, bleep it - their mistake - so I watched free HBO all summer.

Hickeytown isn't the bastion of anything that is remotely accurate or true. Even she tried to take a moral position, it would probably still be a lie.

I was living in IA and having problems with my cable signal. Company finally sent a service tech to check it out. While working on a pole near my apartment, he somehow activated HBO to my apartment. (which I was not paying for.) I said, bleep it - their mistake - so I watched free HBO all summer.

Probably swapped wires and some poor soul had to deal with no HBO for a while ;)

Top Bottom