Fort Worth, TX WR Nnamdi Adim-Madumere commits to the Gophers

Or you can just sit back in your favorite lawn chair, kick your shoes off and enjoy your beer... :drink:

Could this guy be Eric Decker 2.0?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Beating a dead horse here, but this, to me, is further proof the Star system is flawed. The consensus on this board is that the Gophers have a future star - who just happens to be a 3-star player. If he was a 4-star player, how much more hype would he be worth?

If I was running the universe, I would just eliminate the stars completely. Just give players a numerical grade, and we can say the Gophers signed a WR with a grade of .8817. that is clear and definite. no need to talk about a "low 3-star" or a "high 3-star." the grade is the grade.

on signing day, you add up the grades of all the recruits, divide, and have a team score. again, clear and definite. easy to rank and compare.

The star system isn't perfect. For rubes like us??? It's a popular selling point for the rating sites. We can't evaluate every player. It's a projection. Doesn't mean that it should be discarded.

Beating a dead horse here, but this, to me, is further proof the Star system is flawed. The consensus on this board is that the Gophers have a future star - who just happens to be a 3-star player. If he was a 4-star player, how much more hype would he be worth?

If I was running the universe, I would just eliminate the stars completely. Just give players a numerical grade, and we can say the Gophers signed a WR with a grade of .8817. that is clear and definite. no need to talk about a "low 3-star" or a "high 3-star." the grade is the grade.

on signing day, you add up the grades of all the recruits, divide, and have a team score. again, clear and definite. easy to rank and compare.
But...but....8817 University just doesn't have the same ring to it as 3 [emoji294] University. [emoji56]

The star system isn't perfect. For rubes like us??? It's a popular selling point for the rating sites. We can't evaluate every player. It's a projection. Doesn't mean that it should be discarded.

I’d feel more informed if in lieu of stars or numbers the agencies made a comparison to a current or former player. Hyperbole is more than welcome.

Okay, year three looks promising.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You are assuming that their is a true quantitative method of measuring talent. A number assigned to a player may make you feel like there is a definitive ranking, but it is just a made up number. Even as crude as the star system is where players are grouped together by the thousands, it doesn’t get it right.

You are assuming that their is a true quantitative method of measuring talent. A number assigned to a player may make you feel like there is a definitive ranking, but it is just a made up number. Even as crude as the star system is where players are grouped together by the thousands, it doesn’t get it right.

Fake numbers huh?

per Sid:

• P.J. Fleck continues to get commitments. The latest is Nnamdi Adim-Madumere of Fort Worth, Texas. He was sought by Baylor, Alabama, Boise State, Texas Tech and Texas A&M. Adim-Madumere has 34 receptions for 985 yards and 13 touchdowns in his high school career. The Gophers now have the second-best recruiting class in the Big Ten, according to 247Sports.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-face-challenge-of-high-expectations-as-camp-nears/486363661/

Go Gophers!!

Okay, year three looks promising.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

But that's 4 years away!

JK.

This kid is definitely impressive from film. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. Fleck's offenses at WMU didn't really feature a TE, but with recruits like Adim-Madumere and Spann-Ford, maybe it'll be different here. Both of those guys are absolutely massive for 17/18 year old WRs (not that it's a bad thing).

Our WR position is really starting to look promising.

per Sid:

• P.J. Fleck continues to get commitments. The latest is Nnamdi Adim-Madumere of Fort Worth, Texas. He was sought by Baylor, Alabama, Boise State, Texas Tech and Texas A&M. Adim-Madumere has 34 receptions for 985 yards and 13 touchdowns in his high school career. The Gophers now have the second-best recruiting class in the Big Ten, according to 247Sports.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-face-challenge-of-high-expectations-as-camp-nears/486363661/

Go Gophers!!
Like this commit. Large guys that can run and catch well do not grow on trees. Hopefully he ends up helping the QB s when he get here.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

But that's 4 years away!

JK.

This kid is definitely impressive from film. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up. Fleck's offenses at WMU didn't really feature a TE, but with recruits like Adim-Madumere and Spann-Ford, maybe it'll be different here. Both of those guys are absolutely massive for 17/18 year old WRs (not that it's a bad thing).

Our WR position is really starting to look promising.

4 years? It could be even 5 or 6 the way Fleck counts.

I get what you are saying. I think I like your route or something more so, if you have 4 division 1 scholarship options you are 1 star, 5-8 scholarships 2 star, etc. Use whatever numbers you want, but let the college coaches dictate the number of stars a kid is.

I get what you are saying. I think I like your route or something more so, if you have 4 division 1 scholarship options you are 1 star, 5-8 scholarships 2 star, etc. Use whatever numbers you want, but let the college coaches dictate the number of stars a kid is.

I don't think that is what he is saying. He is saying drop the stars and just use the grade numbers.

A. That isn't what he's saying.

B. Your proposed rating system is terrible. Let's say you have two prospects. One has offers from every school in the MAC, Sun Belt, and C-USA (so 35-40 offers) - but no Power 5 offers. The other has 10 offers, and 7 of them are from Power 5 schools. I know which one I'd want - but the first one would be way more highly rated under your proposed system.

B. Your proposed rating system is terrible. Let's say you have two prospects. One has offers from every school in the MAC, Sun Belt, and C-USA (so 35-40 offers) - but no Power 5 offers. The other has 10 offers, and 7 of them are from Power 5 schools. I know which one I'd want - but the first one would be way more highly rated under your proposed system.

Yep, and guys who commit early or don't entertain schools interest wouldn't have nearly the quality or quantity of offers compared to guys who waits it out.

Also a player with poor grades or character won't have the number of offers that he should have given his talent level. That wouldn't affect his star rating and would be a more accurate indication of his talent level than offers would be in that case.

I know both of us weren't saying the same thing. I said I like his idea and another, but separate idea, I like was that. Obviously, you could weight the scholarship offers where a P5 is higher rated than a lower level.

I really don't care about the star rating at all. I would rather have a recruiting class of all 4 and 5 stars, but I would also want an Eric Decker over Hayo Carpenter. It is like the NFL Draft, you can think a player is going to be good, but no one in the world will know how good he will be until he is on the field. Look at David Cobb - he went from not being able to get on the field to being one of top 5-10 running backs in school history once he got a chance.

Remember when this thread was about Nnamdi Adim-Madumere?

Good times.

This forum needs a moderator like the Gophers need a QB.

On topic, what are the odds of Adim-Madumere moving to TE? He has a similar size to Maxx Williams. Could be a beast the same way Maxx was.

This forum needs a moderator like the Gophers need a QB.

On topic, what are the odds of Adim-Madumere moving to TE? He has a similar size to Maxx Williams. Could be a beast the same way Maxx was.

That hinges on how the Gopher's offense plans to use the TE? Under Kill, the TE got a lot of targets. (helps to have players like Lingen and Williams). Supposedly, Fleck's offense at WMU - which is presumably similar to what they're running at MN - did not use the TE as a top pass-catching option - but was more of a blocker and safety-valve receiver.

So, if NA-M is really a top receiver, would he be used to his full potential at TE? Labels are all relatively, anyway. There are schemes that put the TE out in space a lot, where the position functions like another WR. If he can catch the ball, throw him the ball.

Top Bottom