Fort Worth, TX WR Nnamdi Adim-Madumere commits to the Gophers

DanielHouse

Reaction score
The Gophers have received a commitment from Fort Worth, TX wide receiver Nnamdi Adim-Madumere. He chose the Gophers over offers from Alabama, Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and others. Adim-Madumere, a three-star wide receiver, is the 50th ranked player in the state of Texas, according to 24/7 Sports.

A big-bodied receiver with a 6-foot-3 frame, Adim-Madumere made many acrobatic catches all over defensive backs in 2017. He tallied 26 receptions for 837 yards and 13 touchdowns last season. Adim-Madumere has shown he can stretch the field vertically, averaging 32.1 yards per catch. With 4.48 tested speed, he has the burners to win on deep route combinations. In addition, he has the skills to adjust and make contested catch grabs in traffic. There were several plays where he adjusted to finish at the catch point. Adim-Madumere does a great job of tracking the ball and completing over-the-shoulder grabs. Overall play strength is also an important aspect of his skill-set as a route runner and allows him to handle physical cornerbacks. He also showed off his ability as a run blocker to spark runs to the edge.

Adim-Madumere still has work to do from a technical aspect of his game, specifically developing his overall route tree. However, with all of the length, explosiveness and athletic ability, Adim-Madumere has many traits coaches prioritize when they are looking for a big play, vertical wide receiver. He fits the system very well as a main receiver in an RPO oriented offense which emphasizes getting the ball to players in space, and eventually, vertically. It will be fascinating to see if Adim-Madumere can take another step and develop all of his traits.

The Gophers beat out a few powerful programs to land Adim-Madumere, including Alabama, which shows the upside other coaches see with his skill-set. With this addition, the Gophers' recruiting class currently ranks No. 15 nationally and No. 2 in the Big Ten according to 24/7 Sports.

Want more information on Nnamdi Adim-Madumere's game and how he will fit into the 2019 recruiting landscape? He's one of the players featured in my 2018 #Gophers Football Guide. Get yours now for $15 and a portion will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Minnesota: https://bit.ly/2MadVQt

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6416678/5a120d9cda522d0e08ef3aa9' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kid from Texas with commitable offers to Alabama and Texas A & M and Fleck lands him....It's yet to be seen if Fleck can win in the B10 but damn he's killing it in recruiting. Fun times ahead

This guy will definitely end up a 4 star at the end of the recruiting cycle. He looks really good.

Definitely a surprise to land this kid.

This guy will definitely end up a 4 star at the end of the recruiting cycle. He looks really good.

with as dismal as the results on the field last year the fact that Fleck is bringing in playmakers like Nnamdi, Bateman, Potts and a 4 star RB close to committing is awesome.

Who is the 4 star RB who is close?

Welcome to MN, Nnamdi.

The kid looks like the next Michael Irvin, but with more speed.

Looks like he could be a Devin Funchess type player.

This one is big. Very nice.

Biggest recruiting coup under Fleck, except for maybe keeping Bateman from Georgia, IMO.

I'm not sure I'm sold on the Bama offer being commitable, considering his recent tweet about those not making him a priority will pay, or something like that. But, hey, still a giant commitment. Let's hope it sticks.

Looks like he could be a Devin Funchess type player.

Funchess? That's it? That's a pretty big step down from being better than one of the greatest receivers of all time (a faster Michael Irvin).

You need to pick up you're game if you want a mention in a Ruesse article. I was thinking more like a combination of Jerry Rice's route running, Randy Moss' ball skills, Rob Gronkowski's physicality, and Larry Fitzgerald's hands.

He's a big WR. I like the Funchess comp, or maybe Ron Johnson if you want a Gopher comp. Good get. Welcome aboard! RTB!

Welcome to 3 [emoji294] U, young man! [emoji56]

Welcome to 3 [emoji294] U, young man! [emoji56]

This is rude dude! :mad: I am trying to enjoy my beer while watching the Winnipeg Blue Bombers turn the screws on the Montreal Alouettes . :drink:

I think he's another version of Shannon Sharpe. Except a better receiver like his brother Sterling, but more physical than Shannon.

I think he is a combo of Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is rude dude! :mad: I am trying to enjoy my beer while watching the Winnipeg Blue Bombers turn the screws on the Montreal Alouettes . :drink:
Proof positive that 3 [emoji294] U produces superstars!!! [emoji41]
Truth, I couldn't care less about stars, I just like poking the Fleckites who have been just a tad over the top. Here's to hoping this kid helps get the Gophers to the Rose Bowl.

More 3 stars? Woooo! I just can't contain my excitement. It's worked so well for us the past 10 years.

SON would say to wait until he's played a few years before getting excited.
I will say, "I'm smelling roses." Suck on that Fat Pat!!!!!

per Randy:

The 6-3, 226-pounder from Fort Worth (Texas) Southwest High School was a priority for Gophers coach P.J. Fleck. He is a three-star recruit and has the second-highest rating among the 19 commitments the Gophers have received for the Class of 2019. Adim-Madumere is the No. 57-ranked wide receiver recruit nationally by the 247Sports.com composite ratings of major national recruiting services.

Adim-Madumere caught 26 passes for 837 yards and 13 touchdowns as a junior last year and has 34 receptions for 985 yards in his prep career. He made an unofficial visit to the Gophers on Friday after attending a Minnesota satellite camp on Monday.

The addition of Adim-Madumere has the Gophers at No. 18 nationally and third in the Big Ten, behind Ohio State and Michigan, in the 247Sports composite. In 247Sports’ own rankings, the Gophers are No. 15 nationally and second in the Big Ten.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...-had-offers-from-alabama-texas-a-m/486307731/

Go Gophers!!

per Pioneer Press:

The Gophers football program on Friday received a commitment from Nnamdi Adim-Madumere, a three-star receiver from Southwest High School in Fort Worth, Texas.

“I’m VERY excited to announce that I’ll be continuing my football and academic career at Minnesota!! !! #committed,” Adim-Madumere tweeted.

Adim-Madumere, 6 feet 3 and 226 pounds, also had offers from Alabama, Baylor and Texas A&M, among other schools, according to multiple reports. He is the No. 70-ranked wide receiver in the Class of 2019 by 247sports.com and averaged 32 yards per reception last season.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/...receiver-nnamdi-adim-madumere-commits-to-umn/

Go Gophers!!

Huge, strong two stepper. We needed a big receiver and this guy looks capable. It’s nice to imagine a TE/WR corps with the ultra athletic Potts, huge and fast Nam, CAB, Bateman, and Spann-Ford. I will second SON in that until we see their hands, athleticism, routes on a Big
Ten field...we just don’t know for sure. But, whomever wins out at QB should looks to have some nice targets going forward.

Why wouldn't a WR come to a University whose head coach played WR in the NFL, even it if was for just a short period. Makes sense to me.

Proof positive that 3 [emoji294] U produces superstars!!! [emoji41]
Truth, I couldn't care less about stars, I just like poking the Fleckites who have been just a tad over the top. Here's to hoping this kid helps get the Gophers to the Rose Bowl.

So you are admitting that you are a troll!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This one is big. Very nice.

Biggest recruiting coup under Fleck, except for maybe keeping Bateman from Georgia, IMO.

I'm not sure I'm sold on the Bama offer being commitable, considering his recent tweet about those not making him a priority will pay, or something like that. But, hey, still a giant commitment. Let's hope it sticks.

according to people in the know, the tweet had nothing to do with Bama and the offer was commitable, but you're right, Let's hope it sticks!

NAM and Clark seem to have some good chemistry together. Consider me excited about the prospect of watching them on the field hopefully.

So you are admitting that you are a troll!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You really need to work on being inclusive. [emoji41]
f35037ff3547dbe35305065bb2e71ac5.jpg

Beating a dead horse here, but this, to me, is further proof the Star system is flawed. The consensus on this board is that the Gophers have a future star - who just happens to be a 3-star player. If he was a 4-star player, how much more hype would he be worth?

If I was running the universe, I would just eliminate the stars completely. Just give players a numerical grade, and we can say the Gophers signed a WR with a grade of .8817. that is clear and definite. no need to talk about a "low 3-star" or a "high 3-star." the grade is the grade.

on signing day, you add up the grades of all the recruits, divide, and have a team score. again, clear and definite. easy to rank and compare.

Beating a dead horse here, but this, to me, is further proof the Star system is flawed. The consensus on this board is that the Gophers have a future star - who just happens to be a 3-star player. If he was a 4-star player, how much more hype would he be worth?

If I was running the universe, I would just eliminate the stars completely. Just give players a numerical grade, and we can say the Gophers signed a WR with a grade of .8817. that is clear and definite. no need to talk about a "low 3-star" or a "high 3-star." the grade is the grade.

on signing day, you add up the grades of all the recruits, divide, and have a team score. again, clear and definite. easy to rank and compare.

Or you could ignore it and let people partake in the whole recruiting ritual if they want. Not exactly a third world problem.

Top Bottom