CBS: 2018 Big Ten win total picks, predictions (I like MN chances to go over 6 wins)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

MINNESOTA

6 wins: Maybe I'm rowing the boat a bit too much, but I like Minnesota's chances to go Over here. Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a team that's going to be competing for a division title, but its schedule sets up nicely. The Gophers should go 3-0 in nonconference play, and they get manageable home games against Iowa, Indiana, Purdue and Northwestern. While it's hard to imagine the Gophers winning road games against Ohio State and Wisconsin, they could grab a couple of wins during trips to Maryland, Illinois and Nebraska. -- Over EVEN, Under -120

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...tions-can-ohio-state-reach-high-expectations/

Go Gophers!!

Wow. Really going out on that limb there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of saying the Gophers "should" go 3-0 in non-conf play, I would change that to "the Gophers have an opportunity to go" 3-0 in non-conf play. Fresno State is a quality opponent, and the Gophers (in case anyone has forgotten) are going into the season with either a RS FR or a true FR walk-on as their starting QB.

Now, as long as the Gophs get even passable play from the QB position, I think they indeed can go 3-0 in non-conf. But, if the QB's lay an egg, I could also see them dropping a close game to Fresno State.

I think 6 or 7 wins is about right at this point. I reserve the right to revise my position after seeing what the team actually looks like on the field.

3-0 in non con, Illinois, Indiana and Maryland. There's your 6.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

3-0 in non con, Illinois, Indiana and Maryland. There's your 6.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Maryland in College Park will be tough. Getting them early rather than later is definitely ideal but that should be a big test. The Purdue game is the 6th potential win that sticks out to me. They lose a ton on defense and that game is here as well. 6 or 7 wins definitely seems doable. Hopefully Morgan hits the ground running and we have some luck with health.

Top Bottom