Pioneer Press: Netflix reality show to feature JUCO where suspended Gophers landed

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Buford will be at NMSU this year, but it looks like the Johnsons are still at ICC. Dior Johnson didn't appear to have any interest and TaMarion Johnson had cool interest from Memphis, UAB and Tulane according to the free part of 247. Both are seniors this year. Any inside knowledge on where they might end up or if they're going to finish out at ICC? Side note, Carlton Djam appears to have not enrolled anywhere (at least for football) after being expelled.

Dior got an offer from Murray State I know and yeah, Tamarion got offered by Memphis before the season started.

Jermaine Johnson from EP and gopher target is also on the team and should hopefully be in the show.

Really interested to hear what they have to say about the incident if they talk about it.

Really interested to hear what they have to say about the incident if they talk about it.

With the pending lawsuit, they were probably advised to not talk about it. If they do talk about it, what do you think they're going to say? Of course they'll deny it.

Dior got an offer from Murray State I know and yeah, Tamarion got offered by Memphis before the season started.

Jermaine Johnson from EP and gopher target is also on the team and should hopefully be in the show.

I just checked Dior's twitter (and confirmed on Murray State's official roster) and he is going to Murray State.

I checked TaMarion's twitter and he doesn't have anything about being at a different school. He had a video of spring practice that appeared to still be ICC. I checked Memphis' roster and he's not listed. It'll be interesting to see if he's still there this season...

With the pending lawsuit, they were probably advised to not talk about it. If they do talk about it, what do you think they're going to say? Of course they'll deny it.

I'm sure TaMarion (if he's still there) will not talk about it, but it'll be interesting to see if the show brings it up at all. If TaMarion does find another home it would likely be minimal mention as there wouldn't be any current players.

I just checked Dior's twitter (and confirmed on Murray State's official roster) and he is going to Murray State.

I checked TaMarion's twitter and he doesn't have anything about being at a different school. He had a video of spring practice that appeared to still be ICC. I checked Memphis' roster and he's not listed. It'll be interesting to see if he's still there this season...

I'm sure TaMarion (if he's still there) will not talk about it, but it'll be interesting to see if the show brings it up at all. If TaMarion does find another home it would likely be minimal mention as there wouldn't be any current players.

The show is of last years season so all the guys will be in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see much good in being featured in Last Chance U. That being said, I know a young man pretty well that will be one of the featured athletes. Rakeem Boyd left Texas aTm and did very well at Indy CC, he is now a Razorback and will need to have the season of his life this fall to give him a chance at his best future.

The show is of last years season so all the guys will be in it.

Oh, I missed that. Then it certainly will be mentioned. I'm sure the players won't talk about the night/incident, but I could see them talking about being disappointed, missing teammates, that sort of thing. If they were well coached by a lawyer they may even throw out a "can't sleep because of the stress", "never thought I had a fair chance", etc. type statement that could be used for their advantage in a court case...

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I'd love to see a "Being PJ Fleck" season 2, but I don't think it will happen.

It helped bridge the gap last year to football season.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I'd love to see a "Being PJ Fleck" season 2, but I don't think it will happen.

It helped bridge the gap last year to football season.

It was nice publicity but really the only episode that gave us an inside look into the program was the finale. The other ones were just about his personal life when he was on vacation or at his parents house. Was hoping for more.

Oh, I missed that. Then it certainly will be mentioned. I'm sure the players won't talk about the night/incident, but I could see them talking about being disappointed, missing teammates, that sort of thing. If they were well coached by a lawyer they may even throw out a "can't sleep because of the stress", "never thought I had a fair chance", etc. type statement that could be used for their advantage in a court case...

Eh, maybe. There's what 50 guys on the roster? They'll pick the stories/people (really characters) that are the most engaging. If those guys don't want to talk about the situation there's not much reason for the show to put it on there. If I recall there were some guys on EMCC that were really good players and moved on to D1 ball that were hardly mentioned on the show, presumably because they weren't all that interesting.

Well, this could get really interesting and really ugly for the U of M. Do we know when it was filmed? I'm guessing it was well before the lawsuit was filed and perhaps before the current legal team (or any combined legal team) was in place. I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of one-sided talk about how they got kicked out of MN. This is a chance for them to state their side of events and do so in a very public fashion -- there will be a lot of "setting the record straight" sort of comments. The lawyers from both sides will really be paying attention...

Well, this could get really interesting and really ugly for the U of M. Do we know when it was filmed? I'm guessing it was well before the lawsuit was filed and perhaps before the current legal team (or any combined legal team) was in place. I'm guessing there will be quite a bit of one-sided talk about how they got kicked out of MN. This is a chance for them to state their side of events and do so in a very public fashion -- there will be a lot of "setting the record straight" sort of comments. The lawyers from both sides will really be paying attention...

It was filmed from about the start of fall camp to the end of their season, the majority at least. Thats when the first two season's were filmed.

Eh, maybe. There's what 50 guys on the roster? They'll pick the stories/people (really characters) that are the most engaging. If those guys don't want to talk about the situation there's not much reason for the show to put it on there. If I recall there were some guys on EMCC that were really good players and moved on to D1 ball that were hardly mentioned on the show, presumably because they weren't all that interesting.

They'll focus on these guys, it fits into the show (Last Chance U).

no former gophers among the 4 featured players in the trailer
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S5GijgZTx5E" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They'll focus on these guys, it fits into the show (Last Chance U).

Again, the point I'm making is that its not a fiction show. In order for the show to focus on any player the player has to be a willing participant AND an interesting interview/character. If the guys won't talk about it OR if they're not magnetic on camera, the producers won't just force it in there. I'm guessing there are plenty of guys with interesting/dramatic/tragic/inspirational back stories to choose from. Also guessing that they may be wary of figuring out how to portray guys involved in a sexual assault case these days.

This season went live today on Netflix.

Again, the point I'm making is that its not a fiction show. In order for the show to focus on any player the player has to be a willing participant AND an interesting interview/character. If the guys won't talk about it OR if they're not magnetic on camera, the producers won't just force it in there. I'm guessing there are plenty of guys with interesting/dramatic/tragic/inspirational back stories to choose from. Also guessing that they may be wary of figuring out how to portray guys involved in a sexual assault case these days.

This is an important point in general about "reality" TV, that I think some people miss. It's still a TV show, so it has producers who are trying to maximize ratings, and massage actual reality into something "more interesting".

Just watched the season, the former Gophers were completely ignored.

I finished the season as well. Buford makes the play to seal the game vs Garden City but they do not call him out by name. He’s #2.

Also, seems like New Mexico St made a few visits to recruit INDY CC throughout the season and lock him in.

I’m sure it was more that their lawyers would not allow them to speak on camera about it. The players would not want that publicity to follow them as the show would focus on the scandal and not on their play.

I watched 10 minutes of the first episode. I watched the first 2 seasons so I knew what to expect for language. But literally every 3rd word from the coach was f***, it was unwatchable. I understand his background, but I’d think coaches should be preparing young men to communicate in the real world a little better than that.

Just finished watching.

In a scene when talking to a recruiter the coach goes "11 (Jermaine Johnson) is an NFL guy."

In the first game against Iowa Western, Buford(#2 on D) is shown chewing out his teammates pretty good.

Dior, #9, is shown getting an interception in the second game I think.

Jermaine is shown getting the game sealing sack in the third episode I think.

They may have shown Tamarion get a tackle or two but no big plays.

Overall you saw a lot of all 4 guys if you know their faces but never were they mentioned by name and Buford is the only one who ever spoke in the show.

I’m sure it was more that their lawyers would not allow them to speak on camera about it. The players would not want that publicity to follow them as the show would focus on the scandal and not on their play.

Are they involved in a current lawsuit, as well? Maybe I just dreamed that.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but:

Marching Orders follows Bethune-Cookman Marching Band similar to Last Chance U. Netflix August 3rd

Binged the entirety of the show and I don't believe it makes any mention of the Gopher transfers. The coach seems to be a much meaner, more vulgar version of PJ

Top Bottom