Who hates Iowa???

I imagine they’re including the purge of nearly every out of state Claeys recruit in the 2017 cycle to meet that 40% number which doesn’t match their narrative of high pressure tactics leading to buyer’s remorse for a few of the guys. But even then still seems a bit high.

That vid of Fant’s TD on the Iowa site...oof hope Harris has been getting speedwork in, or was hurt.

It would be hard to sell Iowa to a recruit.

I'd be bitter too.

We have so much, they have cows.

Just to be clear - the program people are ridiculing - compared to the Gophers:

Last 10 years: Iowa 82 victories - Gophers 61 victories

Last 20 years: Iowa 146 victories - Gophers 123 victories.

but, "it would be hard to sell Iowa to a recruit." How about, 'come to Iowa and win games.'

And, just for fun - Attendance:

in 2017: Iowa - 94% of capacity. Gophers - 87% of capacity.

What do you call an attractive person on the University of Iowa campus? A visitor.

but, "it would be hard to sell Iowa to a recruit." How about, 'come to Iowa and win games.'

I mean dude, tbh. You don’t sell any recruit on “hey we’ve won an average of 7 games a year over the last 20 years so you should come here.”

Troll alert.

Yesterday morning our good friends over at Black Heart Gold Pants decided to fill their diaper over recruiting, and there was some great stuff in it. As one could expect, when you have a coaching staff that recruits with the vim and vigor of a multimillionaire sexagenarian who has a nearly ironclad contract you have to go attack others to make up for your very obvious shortcomings. It’s almost expected at this point, because they should probably be terrified after their incredible 17-10 dismantling of last year’s very strong Gopher squad in Iowa City probably doesn’t bode well for the future prospects of retaining Floyd.

But while they were throwing their toys out of the crib, there was one little nugget in there that stood out among the rest:

Through two recruiting cycles with the Gophers, Fleck has seen nearly 40% of his commitments de-commit ahead of signing day.

40%? Wow. That’s a lot. It’s also fake news.

Since he was hired by Minnesota, P.J. Fleck has had two classes. The first one was mostly his, with 21 of the 25 recruits signing on after he arrived here, and he had one decommit among players he had recruited. Last year there were 8 “decommitments” in addition to another full class of 25 recruits, but Nolan Edmonds got back into the boat and Ahmad McCullough reclassified to 2018 (And yes, he eventually should be included. But not for this exercise) and were in those “8” that is actually 6. So in the two classes he’s signed so far, Fleck has had 7 decommitments and 46 commitments. 53 total. That’s...13.2%. A bit away from 40, isn’t it?

But what about the strong, ethical Iowa Hawkeyes? How have they done?

In 2017 Iowa had 5 decommitments from a class of 22 signings, and in 2018 they had 3 leave the nest from a class of 23 commitments. 8 from 53. That’s...impossible. How could the morally proper Iowa Hawkeyes lose 15.1% of their commitments while the scurrilous snake oil salesmen only lost 13.2?

At least Iowa has one other little victory over P.J. Fleck and Minnesota they can hang their hat on. They need to collect as many of them as they can before it’s too late.

I'm confused about the part you said about things you just said or talked about. Why is thread focusing so much on Ioway, we talk Gophers here.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Wondering why a player chooses to go to another Big Ten school instead of Iowa is kind of like wondering why your teenager would rather have a sportier car than Grandma's Oldsmobile.

You are forgetting one important stats: Minnesota leads the series 62–47–2

I'm confused about the part you said about things you just said or talked about. Why is thread focusing so much on Ioway, we talk Gophers here.

Are you from Iowa?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are forgetting one important stats: Minnesota leads the series 62–47–2

since 1982, Iowa has won 25 games, MN 11 games.

Hey - I don't like Iowa. But I can count. Ask most people, which team is better, and they will say "the team that wins more games is better."

Win first, then talk. Win first, then talk. Win first, then talk. Win first, then talk.

Did you see the subject line of the post

WE HATE IOWA!!

Good lord this board is going downhill. We have people defending iowa. GTFO

It was a joke, this post seems like it is started by a five or IowA troll. Not a Gopher fan, reeks of poser.

But alas this was in the daily Gopher. Yes who gates Iowa is alive and well I guess.

Top Bottom