These two guys could almost past as twins with their beards

“Being a football player, you get a lot of attention. Here I still get attention but people don’t know I play football,” Gibson said. “I feel like Superman because it’s Clark Kent’s hidden identity. Nobody knows who I am.”

I'd be curious to find out if football players in other B1G cities are able to walk anonymously among the general public.

I liked the story that Gibson told in the main article on Gophersports about DeLattiboudere’s recruiting trip. One of the coaches said, Jerry why are you here as a recruit (when you have already been a student athlete for a year)?
It would be great to see Gibson have a nice senior season.

Como Park Zoo security. Those giraffes get out of hand pretty often...

I'd be curious to find out if football players in other B1G cities are able to walk anonymously among the general public.

Most players aren't stars and honestly how many faces do you recognize on the street? I don't know what most of the guys look like... I know their number...

Honestly, even being on campus and expecting to see athletes I rarely recognized anyone. Only one I actually recognized at the time was Santoso a few years back as I was walking (late) to class. Most other times the only thing that makes me realize a person is a student athlete is their Nike backpack with their last name, number, and sport on the backpack tag. Even then sometimes I still had to look them up to recognize them.

Top Bottom