Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 346
  1. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Weren't you just arguing that this is a stimulus on the economy? Without realizing it, you were just touting "trickle down". Of course, you really have no idea what you're talking about, you're just spouting catchy attack phrases that you don't understand.
    Want to quote me on that. I realize that you have an extremely warped view of the economy as a whole.....but you don't have to lie. We all see your confusion.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk


  2. #227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    Sorry 'lil Dougy checked out. For anyon3 who is curious, the prices on corn and beans crashed in Obama's second term. You can google historic corn/bean prices and see for your self. Much more to the story, but this tariff hurting farmers bit is outrageous.
    When you check the charts, you are correct that grain prices hit historic highs in 2012. Because of the worst Midwest drought in more than 50 years. They crashed because supply caught up with demand. The insinuation that the drop had anything to do with Obama is bullsh*t. His policies had little, if any impact on the prices going up and then down. Unlike the current tariff related drops in the last 6 weeks. Check what grain prices did today after increasing the level of tariffs .

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,400
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    My livestock appreciate the drop.
    Kingdom Warriors

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NW Metro
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    My livestock appreciate the drop.
    Nice pivot. More dodgy than Trump during the draft. It is all about you- isn't it? Typical Republican.

  5. #230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    When you check the charts, you are correct that grain prices hit historic highs in 2012. Because of the worst Midwest drought in more than 50 years. They crashed because supply caught up with demand. The insinuation that the drop had anything to do with Obama is bullsh*t. His policies had little, if any impact on the prices going up and then down. Unlike the current tariff related drops in the last 6 weeks. Check what grain prices did today after increasing the level of tariffs .
    diehard is playing checkers while you are playing 3D chess.
    Who hates iowa?

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    13,158

    Default



  7. #232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post

    Really? The campaign couldn't get a company at home to make these? Maybe that shade of red is only available in China :-)

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,207
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Really? The campaign couldn't get a company at home to make these? Maybe that shade of red is only available in China :-)
    Hardly any of Trump's products (or Invanka's) are made in the U.S. Hypocrite? Yes. But no on cares. MAGA!

  9. #234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Hardly any of Trump's products (or Invanka's) are made in the U.S. Hypocrite? Yes. But no on cares. MAGA!
    I'm not approving or disapproving.

    But what if you had an idea to sell a product because you wanted to make money. But it was too expensive to manufacture at home, but good get a solid margin on it in another country? Would you say forget the idea because I can't produce it here, or would you have it made in another country?

    i'm not defending Trump, because my guess is he could make money having it sold here. But not certain.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    My livestock appreciate the drop.
    Just wait until all the livestock producers start over producing and the price on beef and pork bellies crash because of your over production because of all that cheap bean meal and corn.
    .-- .-. . -. .-- .- ... .... . .-. .

    ; 0 ) ​

  11. #236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    I'm not approving or disapproving.

    But what if you had an idea to sell a product because you wanted to make money. But it was too expensive to manufacture at home, but good get a solid margin on it in another country? Would you say forget the idea because I can't produce it here, or would you have it made in another country?

    i'm not defending Trump, because my guess is he could make money having it sold here. But not certain.
    I think the point is that his "Make America Great Again" slogan rings hollow....when as the leader of the country....he still chooses to manufacture overseas and employ foreigners. He really doesn't care about the struggling Americans. Lead by example. He has done nothing of the sort.

  12. #237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imthewalrus View Post
    Just wait until all the livestock producers start over producing and the price on beef and pork bellies crash because of your over production because of all that cheap bean meal and corn.
    Pork producers won't have to increase production to have an over-supply. Pork tariffs are taking care of that.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,400
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imthewalrus View Post
    Just wait until all the livestock producers start over producing and the price on beef and pork bellies crash because of your over production because of all that cheap bean meal and corn.
    My food company and farm does not engage with the factory farm produced pork, beef, dairy, or poultry industries. Tariffs have no effect on me or my livestock. My biggest problem by far is working to catch up production with demand. We haven't even expanded beyond the Charlotte market. China is not on my horizon.
    Kingdom Warriors

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    13,158

    Default



  15. #240
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    29,400
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Covfefe! When we can get American made machines they should have a real advantage in the market. More jobs, more tax revenue! A beautiful plan. Bigly!
    Kingdom Warriors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •