STrib: Big Ten football: A look at each team QB situation (Battling for the job: MN)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Battling for the job

Tanner Morgan and Zack Annexstad, Gophers: Coach P.J. Fleck goes into the season without a QB who’s thrown a pass in a college game. Not an ideal situation, but Morgan and Annexstad showed a strong grasp of the offense during the spring game. Morgan likely had the edge after spring drills, though don’t be surprised if both QBs play, especially with the NCAA’s new redshirt rule allowing a player to appear in up to four games without losing a year of eligibility.

http://www.startribune.com/big-ten-football-a-look-at-each-team-s-qb-situation/485666422/

Go Gophers!!

I see the redshirt rule as a blessing for PJ in evaluating Annexstad in the NC. He must have had a huge grin on his face when the rule was passed.

I think a lot of coaches grinned when that ruling was passed. To me this finally allows teams to use those players and for being redshirted to be less of a lost year for players.

I also wonder a little bit if you'll see P5 teams start scheduling softer early schedules so they will see more blowouts and easier chances to play everyone without risking a loss.

we went thru this same thing with Kill- it was Nelson will save us....Michigan wanted Shortell and he'll save us. We gave Leidner the nickname Moose
after one game thinking he would save us.

we went thru this same thing with Kill- it was Nelson will save us....Michigan wanted Shortell and he'll save us. We gave Leidner the nickname Moose
after one game thinking he would save us.

OK to get excited about something until given reason not to be. All those guys had their moments.

Top Bottom