Former Minnesota safety Kendarian Handy-Holly transferring to Auburn

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per OANow.com:

A former three-star recruit out of Jackson, Ala., is headed back to his home state.

Rising sophomore safety Kendarian Handy-Holly, formerly of Minnesota, plans to transfer to Auburn, according to reports from Rivals and SEC Country.

Handy-Holly received his full release to transfer from the Golden Gophers in February. He appeared in eight games as a true freshman and totaled 12 tackles, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, and a pass breakup.

The former Jackson High standout will have to sit out the 2018 season due to NCAA transfer rules but will have three years of eligibility left starting in 2019.

"I feel good about coming back closer to home," Handy-Holly told Rivals. "I feel real good. I'm glad to be back."

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college...cle_cac4bbaa-6ff1-11e8-ae98-37bd8d47f96b.html

Go Gophers!!

Guy wants to be closer to home and he gets to play for Auburn to boot.

Good Luck to him.

The SEC is taking our leftovers now!

Joking......I wish KHH were staying.

He's reportedly heading to Auburn as a walk on. Interesting.

If you get it, can you explain it to me? Played a lot as a true freshman, could expect to play a lot, maybe start, as a sophomore. Then leaves to pay his way to a other school.

I get being homesick, especially after winter stayed here through April this year. And my guess is that he expects a scholarship at Auburn eventually. But nothing in college football is guaranteed, and based on his offer list he should've had a lot of options. I'm sure he could've walked on at Auburn right out of high school. It seems like an odd choice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I feel like he's making a mistake, but he's not going to realize it until it's too late.
Either way, I hope that I'm wrong, and I wish the best for him.

Ralph Spry did the same thing: transferred to Auburn (where his dad was the track coach), walked on his first year with the promise he could earn a scholarship.

He did not catch another ball in his career. Needless to say, he did not earn that scholarship.

Best of luck to Handy Holly.

Wasn’t “rowing the boat” is all that makes sense to me.

I feel like he's making a mistake, but he's not going to realize it until it's too late.
Either way, I hope that I'm wrong, and I wish the best for him.

Did they provide counseling to him? I get the homesickness. But, a lot of that goes away after a year, after two years. And it gets better each year. I agree that he may get to regret his decision by jumping the gun.

It is too bad. We could have used him here.

Seems like he could go to many if not most P5 programs as a scholarship player. More to the story here, as there usually is.

I saw that too. That seemed a little odd. Really wish he would have stayed, but I get it.

I wish him well. contact between player/coaches/boosters/sponsors is moving so fast rt now that almost any governance is untenable. NCAA is 2-3 season from losing their grip on this thing.

Seems like he could go to many if not most P5 programs as a scholarship player. More to the story here, as there usually is.

It probably reinforces the original story - that he just wanted to be close to home.

I have no knowledge about his decision, nor do I have a friend of a friend of a friend who knows the guy so I can’t make any judgements.

If you get it, can you explain it to me? Played a lot as a true freshman, could expect to play a lot, maybe start, as a sophomore. Then leaves to pay his way to a other school.

I get being homesick, especially after winter stayed here through April this year. And my guess is that he expects a scholarship at Auburn eventually. But nothing in college football is guaranteed, and based on his offer list he should've had a lot of options. I'm sure he could've walked on at Auburn right out of high school. It seems like an odd choice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For him, I just take it at face value.

He was homesick and he probably longed to play in the SEC. He still has a RS, so he walked on to Auburn.

I think he plays at Auburn, earns a scholarship and ends up in the NFL. He was an impressive athlete back there.

Perhaps he would be eligible immediately if he does not take a scholarship? Kind of like transferring down to FCS or DII?

Perhaps he would be eligible immediately if he does not take a scholarship? Kind of like transferring down to FCS or DII?

No, he can't play this year, but since we burned his red shirt last year, he will take this year as a red shirt, and ideally be a scholarship player for them next season.
However, Kendarian is putting a lot of faith in Gus to offer him a scholarship, because if he chooses not to, Kendarian is basically f***ed.

He just threw away a guaranteed $150k worth of scholarship money for a possibility.

But it is Auburn, so maybe they found another way to make that up to him.

Top Bottom