McKenna Hofschild?

samloupete

True Gold
Reaction score
I keep seeing that 5’2” guard for Northwestern and the havoc that she displayed in women’s Big Ten bb and then watch the quickness and devastating shooting ability that McKenna Hofschild has and wonder if she might be someone that Lindsay should definitely take a look at!! What do the rest of you think?

I keep seeing that 5’2” guard for Northwestern and the havoc that she displayed in women’s Big Ten bb and then watch the quickness and devastating shooting ability that McKenna Hofschild has and wonder if she might be someone that Lindsay should definitely take a look at!! What do the rest of you think?

Any videos to share? Where is she from?

http://www.wnba.com/draft2017profile/ashley-deary/

Here's some of what Ashley Deary brought to the 'Cats (plus Deary was an aggressive rebounder and general pain in the rear who was best dealt with by getting her in foul trouble). It's a pretty high standard to meet:

Big Ten’s all-time leader in steals; set NU’s season steals mark as a soph and topped that as a junior. Point guard was 2-time Big Ten DPOY and All-Def. Team (2016, ’17) and 2-time semifinalist for Lieberman award as nation’s top PG (2014; ’17) … 2016-17: Big Ten DPOY. All-Big Ten Second Team (Coaches; Media) pick after three years as an Hon. Mention selection. Led Big Ten in steals (3rd, D-I) and assts. per game … 2015-16: Big Ten DPOY set NU season steals record; had 3 double-digit assist games. 2014-15: 2nd in Big Ten (16th, D-I) in spg; tied for 2nd in Asst/TO ratio … 2013-14: Finalist for Lieberman Award. Wildcats asst. leader (3rd in conf.); had 3 games of 10+. Also 4th in conf. in spg … PREP: Set Flower Mound career, season, and game marks in pts, assts, steals. 2013 Texas Girls Coaches’ Assoc. First-Team All-State pick. Registered a triple-double of 30p, 10a, 12s in Jan., 2012 … MISC: Made ESPN’s SportsCenter “Not Top 10” reel for having ball stolen by Rutgers player while tying her shoe. Father, Vaughn, played RB/WR for Texas State and was an all-conference receiver as a senior.

From Prior Lake. You can you tube her. I don’t know how to do that.

http://www.startribune.com/prior-lake-s-star-guard-is-small-but-explosive/475743993/

From the 3 March 2018 STrib:

McKenna Hofschild is small in stature. That doesn’t prevent her from being the driving force behind the Prior Lake’s girls’ basketball program.

The 5-2 guard, an inch shorter than her roster height, is closing in on 2,000 career points with a year left in her high school career. She is the school’s all-time leading scorer, with 1,799 points.

“I’m 5-3 on a good day,” a joking and smiling Hofschild said.

She averaged 27.3 points and five assists per game during the regular season. The Lakers finished with a 13-13 record and earned the No. 3 seed in the Class 4A, Section 2 tournament.

“McKenna is one of the most talented players that I have seen in my 20 years of coaching,” Lakers coach Mike Gidley said. “She is a pure scorer.”

Hofschild does more than just score. She also averages five rebounds, five assists and three steals per game in one of the toughest conferences (South Suburban) in the state.

“I love to rebound,” Hofschild said. “People don’t expect that since I’m short, but it’s a big deal for me.”...

...The lefthander has always had the speed and shiftiness to weave her way in and out of defenders. She can beat them off the dribble going hard to the basket or bury a three-pointer. Her fearlessness more than makes up for any size disadvantage.

“I have a high motor and don’t wear down,” Hofschild said. “Height really doesn’t make a big difference at the end of the day.

“I enjoy being my height. It’s unique.”

So is Hofschild.

McKenna is an outstanding (although somewhat selfish) high school player and she has had a very nice AAU career, as well. The consensus among D1 coaches, however, is that she will not be able to compete at the high-major level. She has a lot of mid-major offers and would probably be best-suited there where her speed will likely still be sufficient to overcome her lack of size. The Gophers already got the best Minnesota point guard in the class in Scalia.

Playing outstanding basketball at the Summer Jam this weekend. Unstoppable!!

Top Bottom