2018 TC Pro Am

bc2211

Reaction score
Starts this Saturday. Haven’t seen any gophers on the rosters. Has anyone heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starts this Saturday. Haven’t seen any gophers on the rosters. Has anyone heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geno Crandall's on the roster! Yeah, saw that too. Not sure why Gophers are not on there, must have been a Pitino decision?

On twitter Diggs really promoted coming and watching the gophers players, especially Jelly last year.

Lots of talent on those rosters once again

For my money, I'll take First and Third Properties. The El-Amin brothers, the Coleman brothers, Jamal Abu-Shamala and Royce White

The First and Third Properties team is stacked. Royce, Dan and Joe Coleman, Marvin Singleton and Jamal Abu-Shamala is size and length that will be hard to deal with. But watching Crandall and Mckinley Wright play together will be fun.

Jarvis Johnson - one current Gopher on a roster . . .

Agreed - i'll take 1st and 3rd properties as well. I assume you meant father/son El-Amins :). Love that Diggs got this up and running again. Two things: I wish it was still at The Sal & it is too bad the gophers aren't rostered; that said, It is summer league - they may show up on the hush hush some night :).

Marcus Fuller tweeted that none of the Gophers were playing this year- but then he didn't answer when i asked why.

There is an NCAA eligibility issue that the league has to comply with and that is why the Gophers couldn't play two years ago. But if other current NCAA players (like Geno Crandall) can play it must be a Pitino decision. my two guessing reasons are 1) that is where Dupree first injured his leg last year and 2) Isiaih got into the habit of jacking up 25 footers and never passing.

Marcus Fuller tweeted that none of the Gophers were playing this year- but then he didn't answer when i asked why.

There is an NCAA eligibility issue that the league has to comply with and that is why the Gophers couldn't play two years ago. But if other current NCAA players (like Geno Crandall) can play it must be a Pitino decision. my two guessing reasons are 1) that is where Dupree first injured his leg last year and 2) Isiaih got into the habit of jacking up 25 footers and never passing.

He was doing that long before the HP summer league.

short roster, shortened leash, pro am injury would really look bad for Pitino

short roster, shortened leash, pro am injury would really look bad for Pitino

Really doesn't matter if they get hurt here or in another gym. They play non-stop, I don't see it as increasing the odds much, if at all.

Just decreasing the risk for injury. Had a number of times where guys would show up right at game time or even a little late after just finishing a workout on campus.

looks bad...plus some of the guys at pro am play to win and play physical...slight increase vs pick up game

I posted this on the WBB board; because the amount of summer practice time was increased, teams seem to be canceling participation in summer leagues. I referenced an Iowa story where the Prime League was ending.

One recent NCAA change that slipped by me: during the summer, teams are now allowed 4 hours of team practice and 4 hours of individual skill instruction.per week. Strength and conditioning do not count toward these hours.

I've only found the NCAA Division I Council proposal; but not the actual change. However, I've seen it in news story's like this:

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ars/702866002/

"With the opportunity created by an NCAA rule change to have four hours of practice together each week in the summer, and another four hours of individual skill work with the players, there just isn't a need for it," Larson said in a release. “When we started 32 years ago, college coaches couldn't even watch their players scrimmage; now they can actually coach them all summer, which is great for the players.

"Between summer school classes and homework, strength and conditioning workouts — and now eight hours of either practice or skill drills — the coaches at Iowa and UNI concluded that their players were just being asked to do too much. They correctly wanted the summer to still be the off-season, albeit one with much more development than it used to have when coaches didn't get to help the players improve."

Looks like they shook up the rosters a little?

Royce, Mbakwe and Rashad Vaughn all on Errol Carlstrom...they'll be tough. Jarvis Johnson now on 1st and 3rd properties

I posted this on the WBB board; because the amount of summer practice time was increased, teams seem to be canceling participation in summer leagues. I referenced an Iowa story where the Prime League was ending.

One recent NCAA change that slipped by me: during the summer, teams are now allowed 4 hours of team practice and 4 hours of individual skill instruction.per week. Strength and conditioning do not count toward these hours.

I've only found the NCAA Division I Council proposal; but not the actual change. However, I've seen it in news story's like this:

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ars/702866002/

"With the opportunity created by an NCAA rule change to have four hours of practice together each week in the summer, and another four hours of individual skill work with the players, there just isn't a need for it," Larson said in a release. “When we started 32 years ago, college coaches couldn't even watch their players scrimmage; now they can actually coach them all summer, which is great for the players.

"Between summer school classes and homework, strength and conditioning workouts — and now eight hours of either practice or skill drills — the coaches at Iowa and UNI concluded that their players were just being asked to do too much. They correctly wanted the summer to still be the off-season, albeit one with much more development than it used to have when coaches didn't get to help the players improve."
Thanks - this makes sense. Many times they arrived last summer dragging after long practices.

I buy this over the silly concept that this league all messed with IW's game. Hope people will come to accept him for who he is this year, but not holding my breath. The exceessive whining about him has depleted my interest in this board.

Top Bottom