Inside the Hall: Big Ten Power Rankings (#11. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Inside the Hall:

11. Minnesota

· Returning: Amir Coffey, Eric Curry, Jordan Murphy, Dupree McBrayer, Matz Stockman, Isaiah Washington, Michael Hurt
· Arriving: Daniel Oturu (247Composite top 100), Jarvis Omersa, Gabe Kalscheur, Brock Stull (graduate transfer from Milwaukee), Marcus Carr (transfer from Pittsburgh, must sit out), Payton Willis (transfer from Vanderbilt, must sit out)
· Departing: Reggie Lynch, Nate Mason, Gaston Diedhiou, Bakary Konate, Davonte Fitzgerald (graduate transfer), Jamir Harris (transfer)

Outlook: After last season’s disastrous campaign, Minnesota is a tough team to project. The Gophers are capable of outperforming this projection if Coffey is healthy and Murphy continues to perform as a double-double machine. However, if those two things don’t happen, Richard Pitino cold find himself on a very hot seat.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/...-post-nba-draft-early-entry-deadline-edition/

Go Gophers!!

per Inside the Hall:

11. Minnesota

· Returning: Amir Coffey, Eric Curry, Jordan Murphy, Dupree McBrayer, Matz Stockman, Isaiah Washington, Michael Hurt
· Arriving: Daniel Oturu (247Composite top 100), Jarvis Omersa, Gabe Kalscheur, Brock Stull (graduate transfer from Milwaukee), Marcus Carr (transfer from Pittsburgh, must sit out), Payton Willis (transfer from Vanderbilt, must sit out)
· Departing: Reggie Lynch, Nate Mason, Gaston Diedhiou, Bakary Konate, Davonte Fitzgerald (graduate transfer), Jamir Harris (transfer)

Outlook: After last season’s disastrous campaign, Minnesota is a tough team to project. The Gophers are capable of outperforming this projection if Coffey is healthy and Murphy continues to perform as a double-double machine. However, if those two things don’t happen, Richard Pitino cold find himself on a very hot seat.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/...-post-nba-draft-early-entry-deadline-edition/

Go Gophers!!

Not an unfair appraisal. As we all know, there are more "if" factors than the author lists and the degree of over-performance depends upon how many of them land on the positive side. We could add ---

1) If Washington...
2) If Curry...
3) If Oturu/Stockman...
4) If the bench...

I would also argue that Murphy has earned the right to be removed from any "If" list.

Ridiculously low. All we need is to be healthy. I don't know that there's any reason to doubt we will be. He ranks Wisconsin 2 and part of the reason is that they will be healthy next year.

Not an unfair appraisal. As we all know, there are more "if" factors than the author lists and the degree of over-performance depends upon how many of them land on the positive side. We could add ---

1) If Washington...
2) If Curry...
3) If Oturu/Stockman...
4) If the bench...

I would also argue that Murphy has earned the right to be removed from any "If" list.

oh, and gone.

Ridiculously low. All we need is to be healthy. I don't know that there's any reason to doubt we will be. He ranks Wisconsin 2 and part of the reason is that they will be healthy next year.

oh, and gone.

I agree that rating Wisconsin #2 seems quite the stretch. In fairness to the author, he conceded that he didn't really know where to rate Minnesota because of the "Ifs."

I'd call #11 pretty unlikely but not impossible. Going into the 14-15 season, I would have said "no way" the Gophers win only 6 conference games. Going into the 15-16, season I would have said "no way" the Gophers win only 8 games total. Going into last season, there was also "no way" they would win only 4 conference games. I no longer rule out anything and there's always a "reason to doubt."

I agree that rating Wisconsin #2 seems quite the stretch. In fairness to the author, he conceded that he didn't really know where to rate Minnesota because of the "Ifs."

I'd call #11 pretty unlikely but not impossible. Going into the 14-15 season, I would have said "no way" the Gophers win only 6 conference games. Going into the 15-16, season I would have said "no way" the Gophers win only 8 games total. Going into last season, there was also "no way" they would win only 4 conference games. I no longer rule out anything and there's always a "reason to doubt."

Players getting hurt or suspended can’t be predicted. Have to evaluate every team on the pieces they have and make a prediction on that. There’s a reason to doubt anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ranking is complete bogus. 11th? We are top 5 talent wise...especially if we get Crandall

Well, with Stockman departing, without seeing playing time, and no Crandall, we look pretty thin in our bigs. This looks like last year all over. Eleventh place seems generous.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, with Stockman departing, without seeing playing time, and no Crandall, we look pretty thin in our bigs. This looks like last year all over. Eleventh place seems generous.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agree, an injury or two from disaster, I think Pitino screwed the pooch taking two that have to sit out, this may be his last year.

Top Bottom