Kill on Streveler: “You just knew he had 'it.' I don’t know what it is but he had it.

Streveler was a huge miss for Kill/Claeys.

For most of us who went to practice, we were all pretty surprised he never got a genuine look at QB (similar to the Green whispers). That said, I am a little surprised at the anger by some of the people with this interview. He was obviously talking up a former player. It's what college coaches do.

Jerry and his staff seemed to have strange tunnel vision with Leidner. It was a huge failure. I do put more of the blame on Claeys (assuming I have my timeline right in my head). It seems like Croft/Green jumping him on the depth chart, and the official move to WR was on Claeys watch. That, to me, was more egregious than going with Leidner. A lot of coaches get stuck in a rut with the devil they know.

sometimes, it's as simple as the right player landing in the right system under the right coach.
One coach tells a kid something, and it doesn't register. A different coach says the same thing, and a light goes on.

And, let's not discount the possibility that Streveler learned from his experience at MN, worked on his deficiencies, and got better. And, I would expect there is less self-imposed pressure at an FCS school as opposed to a power-5 conference BCS school.

What's done is done. Hope Strev goes on to a nice career. but it's pointless wondering about what might have happened at MN. It didn't work out at MN. those coaches aren't here anymore, so there is nothing to be gained by re-hashing the past. (unless someone is looking for evidence to bolster their argument that the previous coaching regime was lacking compared to a different coaching staff...........)

Yea, sure.. Wasn’t Chris a stud in high school, oh and at SDSU and now his CFL team must think he is good in their system. Let me see, there was a system that he was good enough to play QB. Wait, isn’t that the same system that couldn’t find a single QB that could play in it? Chris was able to listen or learn from all of those other coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Jerry Kill, but this is a bull**** artist at his peak right here.
I thought I was listening to Fleck with that interview. Tossing hyperbole around like a chef salad...[emoji41]

This makes me ill. It’s so disingenuous. He had no intention of moving Streveler back to QB.

Kill and Claeys missed on Streveler just like they screwed up every other decision at QB.

Pretty much

I would have liked to have seen the follow-up question in the article - "Thanks, coach. And, on a side note, what are your thoughts and opinions on AJ Barker?"

Thoughts on Streveler in adavance of game tonight:

As likely the only Blue Bomber fan on this board, I will point out that Streveler is a great story but he is only starting tonight because the starter is hurt and the 2nd string qb retired abruptly right before training camp. He beat out a QB with 12 total CFL attempts for the start.

FWIW, it looks like he will be playing in a rainstorm tonight. This is actually a positive I think.

CFL QBs are almost always terrible in their first few games as they have trouble adjusting to a very different game.

Thoughts on Streveler in adavance of game tonight:

As likely the only Blue Bomber fan on this board, I will point out that Streveler is a great story but he is only starting tonight because the starter is hurt and the 2nd string qb retired abruptly right before training camp. He beat out a QB with 12 total CFL attempts for the start.

FWIW, it looks like he will be playing in a rainstorm tonight. This is actually a positive I think.

CFL QBs are almost always terrible in their first few games as they have trouble adjusting to a very different game.

I just want to see him throw it 35 yards. Yeah, it’s probably going to be a bloodbath. Who knows though, maybe it’s all happening so fast he hasn’t had a chance to let it settle in his head. Some guys are just wired different.

I would have liked to have seen the follow-up question in the article - "Thanks, coach. And, on a side note, what are your thoughts and opinions on AJ Barker?"

And Kill's response to that should be - "Ask his mothers best friend"

I just want to see him throw it 35 yards. Yeah, it’s probably going to be a bloodbath. Who knows though, maybe it’s all happening so fast he hasn’t had a chance to let it settle in his head. Some guys are just wired different.

It looks like pouring rain, possible hail and 30-40 mph wind tonight. I suspect there won't be a lot of throwing which may favor Streveler as no one doubts he can run. He also has Andrew Harris, the best rb in the league, to carry the ball and catch dump offs. I suspect, if the weather is lousy, it will look like he still being coached by Jerry Kill.

It looks like pouring rain, possible hail and 30-40 mph wind tonight. I suspect there won't be a lot of throwing which may favor Streveler as no one doubts he can run. He also has Andrew Harris, the best rb in the league, to carry the ball and catch dump offs. I suspect, if the weather is lousy, it will look like he still being coached by Jerry Kill.

You can take yourself and your damn facts out of here!

This is a thread devoted to whining about the previous coaches. Your use of logic is not appreciated. :cool:

So Streveler and Wolitarsky are starting for Winnipeg in the CFL.

They just said Streveler was the first guy SINCE 1993 to start his first game at QB straight out of college.

Streveler throwing dart for a touchdown on ESPN

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Streveler just ran for a 15 yard first down, and the commentators referred to his great speed and great DB/ WR type athletic ability. On the run he juked a couple of people, then ran through two tacklers to get the first down.

They followed up by mentioning his time at Minnesota and later that he graduated from MN in 3 years and is a very intelligent player.

He followed it up with a 17 yard out to the wide sideline.

Update: Streveler just threw a bullet up the middle for a 16 yard TD to #7 (Ressler?) apparently a NSDU kid. #82 Wolitarski was in the for the play as well.

But but but but Leidner!

Think about this: Kill played Leidner in front of two more talented QBs, one before and one after: Nelson and Steveler. If only the Gophers could recruit one good QB... :rolleyes:

I have far more confidence in the ability of Fleck to start a quality QB.

Not so sure that Nelson was better than Leidner, at least when they were both here. Nelson looked great a couple of times, but also started throwing the ball into the ground a lot in a Donovan McNabb like way. Then again I am not sure Nelson could have had a half like Leidner had in Madison where he gave away the game with his awful play.

well, hockey season is a way off and the popular threads on here are old qbs stories but you go ahead write your fairy tales. U have 20K posts and me and Ceaser have <100. whatever, blog goofball.

Witty. Didn't know you use to use the Ceaser moniker either. Thanks for that I guess.

Here's all of your posts since May 15. Sure you're a troll and a pretty bad one at that. Nothing original to be seen. Next time you come back with your new moniker just remember that people can look at what you post.

Not sure how that would help in your case, but you're welcome anyway.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/member.php?11543-Hockeytown

Witty. Didn't know you use to use the Ceaser moniker either. Thanks for that I guess.

Here's all of your posts since May 15. Sure you're a troll and a pretty bad one at that. Nothing original to be seen. Next time you come back with your new moniker just remember that people can look at what you post.

Not sure how that would help in your case, but you're welcome anyway.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/member.php?11543-Hockeytown

you are aware of how nuts you sound....right? If you don't get it watch the Eric the Clown episode from Seinfeld. 'youre stuck on some clown from the sixties, man'

Top Bottom