Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

ol' jer' is a ball coach. it's who he is, it's in his blood. it doesn't surprise me at all that one of his boys is doing as well as he's doing. happy for kill and chris.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    I think it is classic Kill trying to make sure he gets some credit for finding the kid. The press releases all mentioned how he comes from SD with no mention of the U or Kill. I think the lack of shortcomings is because Kill’s evaluation was wrong. Obviously Kill didn’t think he was good enough to play QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kill sure doesn't want to look like he was a poor evaluator either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Does Streveler lighting up the FCS and starting in the CFL really prove that Kill and Claeys "missed" on him?
    It kind of does although the CFL is enough of a different game that you need to take it with a grain of salt. Nelson and Weber both tried and failed to stick in the CFL (although Nelson may be back- I thought he might have a chance). The fact that they didn't see him as QB is a pretty obvious miss.

sometimes, it's as simple as the right player landing in the right system under the right coach.
    One coach tells a kid something, and it doesn't register. A different coach says the same thing, and a light goes on.

And, let's not discount the possibility that Streveler learned from his experience at MN, worked on his deficiencies, and got better. And, I would expect there is less self-imposed pressure at an FCS school as opposed to a power-5 conference BCS school.

What's done is done. Hope Strev goes on to a nice career. but it's pointless wondering about what might have happened at MN. It didn't work out at MN. those coaches aren't here anymore, so there is nothing to be gained by re-hashing the past. (unless someone is looking for evidence to bolster their argument that the previous coaching regime was lacking compared to a different coaching staff...........)

Power 5 4 yr starters should be in the NFL in some capacity for at least 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    What's done is done. Hope Strev goes on to a nice career. but it's pointless wondering about what might have happened at MN. It didn't work out at MN. those coaches aren't here anymore, ]so there is nothing to be gained by re-hashing the past. (unless someone is looking for evidence to bolster their argument that the previous coaching regime was lacking compared to a different coaching staff...........)
    Of course that is the only reason.

I mean there is no way someone would want to rehash the past to bolster their argument that the current coaching regime was lacking compared to a different coaching staff. Yea - that would never happen.

There is no way Kill believes any of that. Whether it be a kids hometown paper or the paper for his Canadian team, you talk the kid up and say everything nice you can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by FredCoxRocks View Post
    These comments only prove that Kill and Claeys knew nothing about quarterbacks.
    This!

Young people love PJ's BS, old people love Jerry's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeytown View Post
    Power 5 4 yr starters should be in the NFL in some capacity for at least 1 year.
    Ok. Who are you referencing with this comment?

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    sometimes, it's as simple as the right player landing in the right system under the right coach.
    One coach tells a kid something, and it doesn't register. A different coach says the same thing, and a light goes on.

And, let's not discount the possibility that Streveler learned from his experience at MN, worked on his deficiencies, and got better. And, I would expect there is less self-imposed pressure at an FCS school as opposed to a power-5 conference BCS school.

What's done is done. Hope Strev goes on to a nice career. but it's pointless wondering about what might have happened at MN. It didn't work out at MN. those coaches aren't here anymore, so there is nothing to be gained by re-hashing the past. (unless someone is looking for evidence to bolster their argument that the previous coaching regime was lacking compared to a different coaching staff...........)
    I think what he probably learned is that he didn't want to play in an offense that was an updated version of the flying wedge combined with a passing game scheme that was less complicated than most you would see on a Pop Warner field.

Gimme a break.

Great kid. Wasn't a B10 starter.

Quote Originally Posted by fraternity2017 View Post
    Spot on.

Go Gophers!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fraternity2017 View Post
    Says the students that chanted "Jerry!, Jerry!"?

Jerry being Jerry being positive as much as he can. Meanwhile a few on the board sound like they are fat Pat or Souhan. Always can find the negative to exploit in a positive situation.