Geno Crandall

Kudos to fans who appreciate when a kid decides to play for the home team vs others.. nothing to be ashamed of there...certainly more of fan than the bloke who does not give an iota if a lot al kid stays or goes

Iam a huge fan that cheers for the kids that go elsewhere to do really well. If we can not win a title, i hope they do. Simply never been provincial. Really different when you have lived in other states, other countries, attended other schools, desired other coaches and cultures. That does not make me less of a fan. no one gets to decide for someone else what they value.
Are you a fan, or are you an investor?
Since you'll pull your support if things dont go your way, I'd say you're the business market equivalent of a fan.

did the transfer guard from Texas Tech via south Dakota ever consider the gophs?

did the transfer guard from Texas Tech via south Dakota ever consider the gophs?

According to TV heads, it was Northwestern or Tech. He made a good choice. Two significant grad transfers for tech. Excellent recruiting for short term need.

If we had a true PG, our starting 5 likely would not have had to play as many minutes and maybe murph doesnt strain his back

I haven't heard a report on what the actual injury was, other than I think I heard "back spasms", which is very vague and doesn't really describe the source of the problem. Based on the mechanism of injury (landing on his buttocks/back) and his presentation the next day (standing up the entire game), I wouldn't be surprised if he had a ligament sprain and/or an intervertebral disc issue.

Anyway, the injury occurred by sudden onset. Murphy likely wouldn't have been in that situation, taking that shot, if they had a true point guard. It's the ripple effect.

Are you a fan, or are you an investor?
Since you'll pull your support if things dont go your way, I'd say you're the business market equivalent of a fan.

Who put you in charge of fandom levels. I am both a fan and a investor. I do not believe in continuing to get a low return. It requires financial support to improve it and it seems to me that the programs that deserve the money earn it. I believe in demanding excellence or you never get it. Hundreds of donors feel this way. Some have already dropped out, i am staying in for now.

Crandall didn’t make it, and now Reid Travis didn’t make it! Just one more to go...eliminate Tre Jones and I’ll be satisfied. Maybe the local press will write about how these guys should’ve banded together instead of idolizing them for going elsewhere.

Crandall didn’t make it, and now Reid Travis didn’t make it! Just one more to go...eliminate Tre Jones and I’ll be satisfied. Maybe the local press will write about how these guys should’ve banded together instead of idolizing them for going elsewhere.

No doubt the gopher basketball team would be ripped in the media if they lost as favorites.

Spot On! Go Michigan State!! - Go Gophers.....

Who put you in charge of fandom levels. I am both a fan and a investor. I do not believe in continuing to get a low return. It requires financial support to improve it and it seems to me that the programs that deserve the money earn it. I believe in demanding excellence or you never get it. Hundreds of donors feel this way. Some have already dropped out, i am staying in for now.

You demand excellence, but advise players to go elsewhere? Ok, go it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol 0-3. Suck it, ex-Minnesotans.

He had an opportunity to join one of the most elite programs in the country and he took it. He had one last chance to be on a team with a high probability of making a run through the tournament and he took it. The feeling of entitlement some of you have to place restrictions on others' freedom to satisfy your petty desires is astounding. If you could be this bitter about an athlete choosing a different school, I can just imagine your reaction if someone made a choice that had genuinely adverse consequences to you.

Bitter? Ha, could care less bro. Just stating facts....Hence why I predicted the Zags loss.

Hope you enjoyed imagining my life.....

Last edited:

You demand excellence, but advise players to go elsewhere? Ok, go it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great programs are not built by in state kids. I encourage young people to go where they find the best fit. Why not be glad for young people that pick a better coach or a better school or a chance to win conference titles and or a chance to go further in the tourney.

Dealing with facts, what we do know is he preferred Gonzaga and got to a elite 8.
Playing meager minutes in many games and putting up mostly blank stat lines. I suppose. I would think that playing meaningful minutes on a team capable of winning a few games in the tournament would be much more appealing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Great programs are not built by in state kids. I encourage young people to go where they find the best fit. Why not be glad for young people that pick a better coach or a better school or a chance to win conference titles and or a chance to go further in the tourney.

It's one thing to go to a school that fits you. It's another thing for the MN media to be "so sad for geno, tre, and Reid" because they could not come home and "represent" their home state.

Next

Playing meager minutes in many games and putting up mostly blank stat lines. I suppose. I would think that playing meaningful minutes on a team capable of winning a few games in the tournament would be much more appealing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Would he have played more minutes had he chosen to be a gopher? If his stats would’ve been the same, I’m not certain he would’ve played many more minutes than stull. In the btt and tourney would he have taken away minutes from Amir, Gabe, or pre?

Would he have played more minutes had he chosen to be a gopher? If his stats would’ve been the same, I’m not certain he would’ve played many more minutes than stull. In the btt and tourney would he have taken away minutes from Amir, Gabe, or pre?

I have little doubt that he would have played quite a bit more as a Gopher

Top Bottom