Geno Crandall

Looking forward to Hurt and Suggs getting in our final 5 and then going elsewhere. The longer the kids wait to decide more often or not we lose them but hey Kare11 can still interview them!

I can't remember the last time one of these "I'm announcing on X date" commits chose the Gophers. It seems like most of our local commits just announce it and that's the end of it.

People are disappointed that we lost out on a couple of D1 HS seniors from MN, but they are still respected because they didn’t go around trolling the fans and grabbing as much publicity as possible. It is these jokers that deserve to get blasted because it is all about stringing it on, falsely claiming loyalty to the state and rubbing peoples face in it....
when will they learn? even LeBron got blasted from “the decision” .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hoefully crandall is no longer welcome balling at the U...like he has since he dumped UND and came home

With our luck, IW will get hurt playing him in a pick-up game. Sorry I know I shouldn't say that out loud, but we all know it.

He trolled the U fans. All this talk about keeping the family together, wanting to play in front of his family, the U was his dream school, etc. People can talk family all they want, but you need to walk the talk. If Pitino opened up a spot for him because he was giving indications that Geno would joins us, then Geno burned a few bridges today. I hope he like working in Spokane...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. If he wants to go to Gonzaga, fine. But spare us the "I grew up a Gopher fan with an M painted in my driveway" BS. One thing I'll say for Tyus Jones is that while he kept us in his "final five" or whatever as a courtesy, he never BS'd us or gave even the slightest impression that he was coming here, and I appreciate that.

I guess looking at the team as is. We have ten guys who can play.

Washington 30-35 minutes
Dupree 25-30
Coffey 30-35
Stull 20-25
Gabe 0-10
Key is going to be who plays the point when Washington comes out. We are absolutely screwed if Washington or Coffey gets injured. Coffey was a bigger loss than Lynch last year IMO.
Front court.
Murph 30-35
Curry 20-25
Oturu 15-25 I imagine fouling will limit his minutes
Hurt as a stretch four 5-10
Omersa 5-10 could play more if there's foul trouble. It's a capable team but losing Geno there's no margin for error

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Anyone know a little more about the zags and why they’re being ranked in the top 5 for next year? Do they have a couple big time recruits coming in for next year? I guess I don’t understand the high ranking as in last years tourney, I wasn’t all that impressed with them. The Norvell kid was good, the hachimura kid was overhyped, and the rest were average players. If Ohio St had shown up for the first 10 minutes of the game, the buckeyes would’ve beat them. And then in the sweet 16 against FSU, that game was a beat down. Zags had 0 chance against them. So long story short, unless the zags have a couple of difference making recruits coming besides crandall, I don’t understand the high ranking.

They had a hell of a recruiting class in 2016 and those guys are now upperclassman. They have the 4th rated recruiting class for next year. They are a perennial tournament team and despite what others think of the conference they play in, they are head and shoulders above MN. And it's not even close.

hey, they are a good program. I don't deny that. but if they were even in the PAC 12, I'm not sure they'd be perennially ranked in the top 10 to start the season.

If they were in the Pac-12, they'd have a bigger budget and consequently the ability to build better facilities and pay their head/assistant coaches more, the draw of playing against a Pac-12 schedule every year, a higher likelihood of more players going to the NBA, etc., etc., etc. They recruit and compete as well as they do now even without all of the advantages of playing in a major conference.

Pitino can always use the open spot to get another guy that sits out the year....

I guess looking at the team as is. We have ten guys who can play.

Washington 30-35 minutes
Dupree 25-30
Coffey 30-35
Stull 20-25
Gabe 0-10
Key is going to be who plays the point when Washington comes out. We are absolutely screwed if Washington or Coffey gets injured. Coffey was a bigger loss than Lynch last year IMO.
Front court.
Murph 30-35
Curry 20-25
Oturu 15-25 I imagine fouling will limit his minutes
Hurt as a stretch four 5-10
Omersa 5-10 could play more if there's foul trouble. It's a capable team but losing Geno there's no margin for error

I bet curry sees more than 20/25 minutes a game.

I bet curry sees more than 20/25 minutes a game.
Maybe, I was thinking 25-30, maybe by conference play. I just remember him being prone to fouling at times as well.

WE DODGED A BULLET. I TOLD YA!!

Mark Few will bench his ass after game 3 of his selfish streetba. whew. Go Gophers!!

Pitino can always use the open spot to get another guy that sits out the year....

I know you’re joking, but at this point that might actually be what happens. Getting a high quality grad transfer is unlikely now, and if you don’t use it you’re basically just wasting the scholarship. We already have 4 open for next season and no commits yet. A high quality sit out transfer might be the best we can hope for now.

We now could use F$cking Stockman. I doubt he’s very good, but a 7 footer on the bench sure would make me less nervous about our front court depth.

Well this sucks, **** Geno normally don't care but don't hang out with the ****in team the day before, post it all over social media, and let the coach push a guy out to make room for you. ****in ******bag

not surprising..typical und. I told you all weeks ago. go gophers... so far better off w/o him

then u didnt watch an actual game of his the last 2 years. haha

this is good for the gophers

then u didnt watch an actual game of his the last 2 years. haha

this is good for the gophers

I watched 5 full length games of him against Gonzaga, Nebraska, Weber State, Iowa and Wisconsin that I managed to find online over the last two weeks and found him to be a willing passer. Don't know what your talking about. I actually would have liked him be more aggressive trying to score the ball.

At 6'4" and 180 pounds he wouldn't have held up through a B1G schedule. He is better off as a Zag even if he doesn't start. Nope, I still don't feel better.

Liked him as a player. Very disappointed and even more surprised as every tea leaf said Gophers including one of his former coaches.

Why did he pick the Zags?

"Chance at a national title," Crandall told the Star Tribune. "And I think they've got a proven track record of developing pros and getting guys contracts."

Sounds about right.

Can’t blane him if he wants to go to pros. This stings a lot though. Honestly thought we were sleeper final 4 with him. Waiting for the day when players want to represent their home. May take change I don’t know though not yet at least. May take a couple pros

Not sure if mentioned, but I wonder if the Final Four being in Minneapolis was a selling point. It’s very hard to assume/promise a FF, but I’m sure he could’ve been sold a bit that he may end “playing at home” this year even passing on us.

Can’t blane him if he wants to go to pros. This stings a lot though. Honestly thought we were sleeper final 4 with him. Waiting for the day when players want to represent their home. May take change I don’t know though not yet at least. May take a couple pros

If Mason hadn't got hurt right before the unofficial combine he would have been picked up by a summer league team and maybe got his way onto the G-leauge

Not sure if mentioned, but I wonder if the Final Four being in Minneapolis was a selling point. It’s very hard to assume/promise a FF, but I’m sure he could’ve been sold a bit that he may end “playing at home” this year even passing on us.

I get wanting the chance to play in a Final Four. But the odds of it happening are still what 10%? Maybe 20%?

If Crandall made Richard think he was coming here, then he kinda had to do it. I heard from a reliable source that he wanted to come here long before he announced he was transferring. Certainly possible he had his mind set on us and then changed his mind after Mark Few got in his ear.

Plausible; makes sense. If so, we got out-recruited and lost big-man depth as collateral damage. It would have been better if Crandall had never led us on in the first place.

He'll be along for the ride in Spokane instead of likely starting and leading here. In that respect, a bit of a curious decision on his part - another sign that Pitino just got his pants recruited off him.

Positive spin: this increases IW's playing time and aids his development. NIT this year and potential for conference title contention and a NCAA run in 19-20.

Agreed. Can't be calling people your family only to ditch them the next day

We ve been left at the alter so many times. Its gopher sports guys.

Gonzaga has stability, coaching, an aggressive non con schedule, and easy conference schedule that MN doesnt have. They utilize international relationships to get players and then develop them.

Richard Pitino has not done any of that. I hope he does. I hope he wins this yr and rights the ship. Otherwise, Coyle will get someone in here who will secure guya like Geno.

Top Bottom