Geno Crandall

I think he commits to the gophers today. Just guessing but it all makes sense. Will play on a team that needs him and he will get plenty of playing time. His parents can see hm play every game. He loved the gophers as a kid. He knows the players. Make it happen geno!

I think he commits to the gophers today. Just guessing but it all makes sense. Will play on a team that needs him and he will get plenty of playing time. His parents can see hm play every game. He loved the gophers as a kid. He knows the players. Make it happen geno!
I hope so, we will be leathal between positions 1-3 in depth and it would allow Gabe to get acclimated before throwing him into the fire.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think it's huge that he took the visit to Gonzaga, but did not commit.

These official recruit visits where the schools fly them out, put them up, wine and dine, parties, and puts on the full-court press sales job of "we need you to come here, you're how we get to the final four". If it's a great sales job, you can usually get the guy to commit right there.

I thought to myself "if he takes the trip, he's going to commit to Gonzaga". But here we are .... so there's def still a chance!

Realized he knows a couple buddies of mine at least well enough to follow them on Twitter.

One thinks he’s very much a Gopher and the Matz move was 100% to bring Geno in. The gophers are pulling out all the stops for him.

The other thinks he’s very torn. Even right now.

Realized he knows a couple buddies of mine at least well enough to follow them on Twitter.

One thinks he’s very much a Gopher and the Matz move was 100% to bring Geno in. The gophers are pulling out all the stops for him.

The other thinks he’s very torn. Even right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has become an agonizing decision for him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had indeed previously given the Gophers a soft "assurance," only to waver later.

I know a few of his good friends and they think hes coming to Minnesota, but the zags are right there and hes definitely torn. If MN didnt have good guards hed 100% be a Gopher already. Also, none of them know where this Xavier steam ever started, he had little to no relationship with Ben Johnson before despite both being delasalle guys.

Randy Shaver will literally be run out of town if he airs another recruit going to anywhere other than Minnesota. People here are so provincial it stupid.

We're due for a little luck/good news...

Really hoping his parents saying "we would love to watch you play your senior year" is a major factor in the decision. I have no idea if it is.

For Xavier, I can make a wild guess (based on no info): BJ said something like "hey why not come down and check out our program? We have a spot, you'd play, it's the Big East which is a power conf for MBB, great comp, great arenas, great crowds. What's to lose? Take a free trip". He went down, really enjoyed it. But they aren't in his final two, but to be polite and respectful he simply just tells everyone they're in the top 3. Like I said, I just made that up, it's a wild guess. Could be easily disproven with quotes, tweets, etc.

Seems to me it's hard to overestimate the effect Geno would have for this team. Senior scorer, passer, defender, leader at a position of need. Wonder if days like today are pretty much miserable for head coaches as they wait for the phone call.

His high school coach thinks he is a lock for the Gophers

On St. Thomas day, I'll believe it when I see it. I see him being helpful for the team. I don't see him as a make or break player, though. Going from Big Sky to Big Ten is a big jump.

Ryan Shaver just followed up with Crandall, and he's announcing on Thursday.

We need to relax just a tad with this TV angst. He's not announcing his decision on TV, he just did an interview there talking about his recruiting process as a grad transfer. It's no different than him talking to Doogs for KSTP. He wasn't highly-recruited out of high school, but now has a chance to make a run with a program in his final year.

Without having any inside info, I'd be very surprised if it's not the Gophers.

Marcus R. Fuller@Marcus_R_Fuller
4 mins ago
Sounds like former @DeLaSalleMBB star and UND grad transfer @genocrandall will definitely have a decision after July 4th on Thursday. Gonzaga, Xavier or #Gophers.

I know a few of his good friends and they think hes coming to Minnesota, but the zags are right there and hes definitely torn. If MN didnt have good guards hed 100% be a Gopher already. Also, none of them know where this Xavier steam ever started, he had little to no relationship with Ben Johnson before despite both being delasalle guys.

He should not be shying away from the competition at the Gophers. It will be a great opportunity to improve his game with the talented guards at the U. He needs to know that Pitino wouldn’t be bringing him in if Pitino didn’t think he could help the team. The Zags are not Duke or Kentucky, he may be flattered that they want him, but it is not that big time of a school. He needs to go back to his original goals of playing at his dream school and playing in front of his friends and family. The Zags are not that bright of a light to be blinded by....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its amazing to me how quickly people changed their predictions on Geno going back and fourth given none of the info on him has changed.

Two weeks ago, Geno says he will visit Gonzaga, Xavier and Colorado State and says will decide at or around the 4th of July. At that time, everybody says Crandall to the U is a lock.

Then Crandall visits Xavier and has a flight scheduled to Spokane like he originally said he would. Everybody says he isn't coming here since he is taking the Gonzaga visit and could commit on the spot.

Now he finished up his visits and says he will decide on Thursday which is pretty much when he said he would make a decision. Now people all of a sudden feel pretty good about the gophers again.

Nothing changed people. He has done everything he has said he will do yet people, both gopher and Gonzaga fans keep going back and fourth on their predictions despite the fact that no new info has really come out in the last two weeks since Stockman left.

Its amazing to me how quickly people changed their predictions on Geno going back and fourth given none of the info on him has changed.

Two weeks ago, Geno says he will visit Gonzaga, Xavier and Colorado State and says will decide at or around the 4th of July. At that time, everybody says Crandall to the U is a lock.

Then Crandall visits Xavier and has a flight scheduled to Spokane like he originally said he would. Everybody says he isn't coming here since he is taking the Gonzaga visit and could commit on the spot.

Now he finished up his visits and says he will decide on Thursday which is pretty much when he said he would make a decision. Now people all of a sudden feel pretty good about the gophers again.

Nothing changed people. He has done everything he has said he will do yet people, both gopher and Gonzaga fans keep going back and fourth on their predictions despite the fact that no new info has really come out in the last two weeks since Stockman left.

With over 6,500 posts on GH, I'm amazed that you are amazed by this...

Slow and low information period, but really classic Minnesota approach (i.e. it will always go the wrong way).

He should not be shying away from the competition at the Gophers. It will be a great opportunity to improve his game with the talented guards at the U. He needs to know that Pitino wouldn’t be bringing him in if Pitino didn’t think he could help the team. The Zags are not Duke or Kentucky, he may be flattered that they want him, but it is not that big time of a school. He needs to go back to his original goals of playing at his dream school and playing in front of his friends and family. The Zags are not that bright of a light to be blinded by....

It's not Duke or Kentucky in terms of prestige and revenue, but definitely still a big-time basketball school and a vastly superior basketball program to the U. That being said, we've beaten out better programs many times in both basketball and football and I expect it to happen here again given that he wants to play in front of his family and friends.

Gonzaga plays in a lousy conference not much better than North Dakota’s, they don’t have a national tv network, and most of their games are in the middle of the night. Plus he would not be starting there, regardless of what they’re trying to tell him now.

Xavier is a middle of the pack big east team with a new HC who’s never coached D1 before. They may or may not make the NCAA tournament even if they got Geno.

Come on, Geno, this is an easy decision! You’ll be a hero here on a really good team, and your legacy here would last long after basketball. Don’t make it hard!!

Gonzaga certainly among top 10-15 programs

It's not Duke or Kentucky in terms of prestige and revenue, but definitely still a big-time basketball school. ...

Yep. Gonzaga is on a very short list of the best college basketball programs since the calendar flipped to 2000. Most NCAA Tournament wins since that time?

1 Kansas (49)
T2 Duke (48)
T2 North Carolina (48)
4 Michigan State (43)
5 Kentucky (42)
6 Florida (37)
7 UConn (33)
8 Wisconsin (33)
9 Syracuse (31)
10 Arizona (30)
T11 Gonzaga (28)
T11 Louisville (28)

That's some pretty heady company to be keeping. Only the Zags and Badgers have yet to win a national title in that time frame.

Gonzaga plays in a lousy conference not much better than North Dakota’s, they don’t have a national tv network, and most of their games are in the middle of the night. Plus he would not be starting there, regardless of what they’re trying to tell him now.

Xavier is a middle of the pack big east team with a new HC who’s never coached D1 before. They may or may not make the NCAA tournament even if they got Geno.

Come on, Geno, this is an easy decision! You’ll be a hero here on a really good team, and your legacy here would last long after basketball. Don’t make it hard!!

You convinced me, where do I sign? oh wait, nevermind

Is he sure to start here ? That could be a problem for IW. How come he did not draw more interest ? Very few power 5 offers.

I’d like to see Crandall start at the 2 and bring McBrayer off the bench. It might be our best chance of keeping McBrayer healthy and getting the best minutes out of him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Pitino was thinking this.

I agree with you that if IW doesn’t start this year that’s probably not going to sit well with him and we know what happens from there.

Yep. Gonzaga is on a very short list of the best college basketball programs since the calendar flipped to 2000. Most NCAA Tournament wins since that time?

1 Kansas (49)
T2 Duke (48)
T2 North Carolina (48)
4 Michigan State (43)
5 Kentucky (42)
6 Florida (37)
7 UConn (33)
8 Wisconsin (33)
9 Syracuse (31)
10 Arizona (30)
T11 Gonzaga (28)
T11 Louisville (28)

That's some pretty heady company to be keeping. Only the Zags and Badgers have yet to win a national title in that time frame.
Neither has Arizona

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom