Geno Crandall

Short term, this stings. Long term, I think this is best for the program. Bringing in 2 grad transfers and having them potentially get more minutes over high school recruits could hurt us in recruiting. What kind of message does it send that we are willing to bring in grad transfers to play over guys who had less-than-stellar freshman seasons?

I hope and think IW will turn into a solid starter this year. We didn't necessarily need a starting PG. What we needed was PG depth. Geno was too qualified for that.

I also think this is good for Dupree, whom I am a big fan of. Dupree will likely start and then we can move him to PG when IW comes out. Getting Stull this offseason should be enough insurance as far as guard depth...

Washinton/McBrayer/Coffey
McBrayer/Stull/Kalscheur
Coffey/Hurt/Stull
Murphy/Curry/Omersa
Curry/Oturu

You have got to F’ing kidding me. Unbelievable... another kid that got blinded by what he thought was the bright lights. Now he can at least he can be sitting in a comfy chair, eating a bag of popcorn while he watches the Gophers in the tourney. I guess he knew that IW was better than him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:rolleyes:

Gonzaga has made the NCAA the last 20 years, have made the sweet 16 the last 4 years, were in the championship game 2 years ago and is a much more prestigious program then us. If his decision came down to 100% winning, then Gonzaga was the obvious choice.

Short term, this stings. Long term, I think this is best for the program. Bringing in 2 grad transfers and having them potentially get more minutes over high school recruits could hurt us in recruiting. What kind of message does it send that we are willing to bring in grad transfers to play over guys who had less-than-stellar freshman seasons?

I hope and think IW will turn into a solid starter this year. We didn't necessarily need a starting PG. What we needed was PG depth. Geno was too qualified for that.

I also think this is good for Dupree, whom I am a big fan of. Dupree will likely start and then we can move him to PG when IW comes out. Getting Stull this offseason should be enough insurance as far as guard depth...

Washinton/McBrayer/Coffey
McBrayer/Stull/Kalscheur
Coffey/Hurt/Stull
Murphy/Curry/Omersa
Curry/Oturu

I'm sorry but having Coffey or McBreyer playing PG is like having your back-up QB be a WR who played QB in High School. A terrible idea. Oh wait, the football team might have that situation too. Ugh.

I would agree that hanging with the team yesterday if he'd already decided is a pretty dick move.
He knew, dragged it out. He didn't magically wake up today and decide.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Anyone know a little more about the zags and why they’re being ranked in the top 5 for next year? Do they have a couple big time recruits coming in for next year? I guess I don’t understand the high ranking as in last years tourney, I wasn’t all that impressed with them. The Norvell kid was good, the hachimura kid was overhyped, and the rest were average players. If Ohio St had shown up for the first 10 minutes of the game, the buckeyes would’ve beat them. And then in the sweet 16 against FSU, that game was a beat down. Zags had 0 chance against them. So long story short, unless the zags have a couple of difference making recruits coming besides crandall, I don’t understand the high ranking.

Yuck.

Little Richard really screwed this up by pushing Stockman out and missing on Crandall. Now were very thing at center and a little thin in the backcourt. We have a scolly open still and it's July.

Add to it we have already missed on 2 four star 2019 recruits I'm thinking Richard is out the door by March.

Anyone know a little more about the zags and why they’re being ranked in the top 5 for next year? Do they have a couple big time recruits coming in for next year? I guess I don’t understand the high ranking as in last years tourney, I wasn’t all that impressed with them. The Norvell kid was good, the hachimura kid was overhyped, and the rest were average players. If Ohio St had shown up for the first 10 minutes of the game, the buckeyes would’ve beat them. And then in the sweet 16 against FSU, that game was a beat down. Zags had 0 chance against them. So long story short, unless the zags have a couple of difference making recruits coming besides crandall, I don’t understand the high ranking.
they're always ranked in the top 5 or 10, thanks in large part to their ****ty conference. they have the potential to go undefeated every year. St. Mary's is their only legit competition.

Yuck.

Little Richard really screwed this up by pushing Stockman out and missing on Crandall. Now were very thing at center and a little thin in the backcourt. We have a scolly open still and it's July.

Add to it we have already missed on 2 four star 2019 recruits I'm thinking Richard is out the door by March.
You've probably been predicting this for the past 3 or 4 years now

Yuck.

If Crandall made Richard think he was coming here, then he kinda had to do it. I heard from a reliable source that he wanted to come here long before he announced he was transferring. Certainly possible he had his mind set on us and then changed his mind after Mark Few got in his ear.

He knew, dragged it out. He didn't magically wake up today and decide.

So should you be mad or his friends? Maybe he told them yesterday. You act like you hung out with him yesterday and he told you he was picking Gophers.

they're always ranked in the top 5 or 10, thanks in large part to their ****ty conference. they have the potential to go undefeated every year. St. Mary's is their only legit competition.

So, by your (terrible) logic, why isn't the best team in every other "sh1tty" conference always ranked in the top 5 or 10?

Looking forward to Hurt and Suggs getting in our final 5 and then going elsewhere. The longer the kids wait to decide more often or not we lose them but hey Kare11 can still interview them!

So should you be mad or his friends? Maybe he told them yesterday. You act like you hung out with him yesterday and he told you he was picking Gophers.
I care about the gophers and only the gophers. So **** this muppet, hope his team chokes next year

Some thoughts here:

1) Best of luck to you Geno. Clearly being on a potential top 5 team (regardless of playing time) was what sold you on Gonzaga. However, if you claim that Minnesota was your favorite team growing up, why post a picture of you hanging out with Gopher players the day before a decision, and then choose another team? Do you want that same fanbase you claimed to be apart of growing up to hate you? What is up with players and their social media these days? Geno clearly was enjoying red carpet presentations, but that was completely unnecessary.
2) If Pitino did run off Matz to go after Geno, don't hate on him for that decision. By all accounts, we had a great shot at adding a far superior player. Just unfortunately didn't work out.
3) Next year's team gets knocked a peg down because of this decision, but a player like Kalscheur never would've seen the floor if Geno comes. Gabe will get a chance to play right away, whether he's ready or not.
4) Next season lies in the hands of IW. I know that scares most of us, but he started to play better at the end of last season, and no one is going to doubt the sheer talent and ceiling he possesses. I think he'll be much improved this year.

I care about the gophers and only the gophers. So **** this muppet, hope his team chokes next year

I wouldn't go that far.....but I'll certainly be rooting against the Zags next year.

So, by your (terrible) logic, why isn't the best team in every other "sh1tty" conference always ranked in the top 5 or 10?

hey, they are a good program. I don't deny that. but if they were even in the PAC 12, I'm not sure they'd be perennially ranked in the top 10 to start the season.

Looking forward to Hurt and Suggs getting in our final 5 and then going elsewhere. The longer the kids wait to decide more often or not we lose them but hey Kare11 can still interview them!

Just cross Suggs off any list you see. Theres zero chance hes coming here, and i mean zero.

I joined gopherhole.com back when it looked like Dan Monson "might" move to Minnesota (and don't post here all that often). Here's a couple of stats (that don't involve the WCC).

Schools with multiple NBA lottery picks over the last 3 seasons .... Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Michigan State, Gonzaga, Washington

Schools that have danced the past 20+ seasons in a row ... Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, Gonzaga

Schools that have won at least one game in the dance the past 9 seasons ... Kansas, Gonzaga

Schools that have appeared in the Sweet 16 (or beyond) the past 4 seasons ... Gonzaga

Schools with 13+ NCAA tournament wins over the past 4 seasons ... North Carolina, Gonzaga

Here are the 6 guys that have earned the "Bill Walton Double/Double" the past 20 years (Top 5 All American and Top 5 Academic All American the same year ... Walton did it 3 times)
Shane Battier (Duke) Emeka Okafor (UConn) DJ Augustine (Texas) Dan Dickau (Gonzaga) Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga) Nigel Williams-Goss (Gonzaga)

hoefully crandall is no longer welcome balling at the U...like he has since he dumped UND and came home

I joined gopherhole.com back when it looked like Dan Monson "might" move to Minnesota (and don't post here all that often). Here's a couple of stats (that don't involve the WCC).

Schools with multiple NBA lottery picks over the last 3 seasons .... Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Michigan State, Gonzaga, Washington

Schools that have danced the past 20+ seasons in a row ... Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, Gonzaga

Schools that have won at least one game in the dance the past 9 seasons ... Kansas, Gonzaga

Schools that have appeared in the Sweet 16 (or beyond) the past 4 seasons ... Gonzaga

Schools with 13+ NCAA tournament wins over the past 4 seasons ... North Carolina, Gonzaga

Add this one:

NCAA Tournament wins since 2000. ... Gonzaga 28, Gophers 1

It burns!

It burns!

I would agree that hanging with the team yesterday if he'd already decided is a pretty dick move.

He trolled the U fans. All this talk about keeping the family together, wanting to play in front of his family, the U was his dream school, etc. People can talk family all they want, but you need to walk the talk. If Pitino opened up a spot for him because he was giving indications that Geno would joins us, then Geno burned a few bridges today. I hope he like working in Spokane...

He trolled the U fans. All this talk about keeping the family together, wanting to play in front of his family, the U was his dream school, etc. People can talk family all they want, but you need to walk the talk. If Pitino opened up a spot for him because he was giving indications that Geno would joins us, then Geno burned a few bridges today. I hope he like working in Spokane...

Agreed. Can't be calling people your family only to ditch them the next day

So did Ryan Shaver use Geno to rub the U's face in their ineptitude again?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Here are the 6 guys that have earned the "Bill Walton Double/Double" the past 20 years (Top 5 All American and Top 5 Academic All American the same year ... Walton did it 3 times)
Shane Battier (Duke) Emeka Okafor (UConn) DJ Augustine (Texas) Dan Dickau (Gonzaga) Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga) Nigel Williams-Goss (Gonzaga)

You are starting to sound like a NDSU fan.

I had never heard of Geno Crandall a month ago.

Our team will be fine, and he has to spend a year in Spokane.

Top Bottom