Geno Crandall

We are in on Hurt and Ninja for 2019, both have us in the final 5. So who do you want them to get that you say we aren't in on 2019?

You guys...I like Pitino but I'm pissed. He botched the geno thing. 2019 is non existent. We have no one and dont lead for anyone of quality. If we crap the bed this yr, 2020s are not likely gonna come here... ughhhh

Little early to say he botched it. I would have preferred he told Geno; I'll open up a scholarship if you agree to commit within a couple of days.

It will be a major fail on Richards part I think if Crandall goes anywhere but the U. He essentially kick out Stockman leaving them short at the 5 in the hopes they land Crandall. If Geno signs, great. If not the Gophers will still be short in the backcourt and at the 5. Curry is coming off a major knee injury and Oturu is also coming off an injury and a freshman.

Hoopfest is referring to Spokane Hoopfest it is the biggest 3 on 3 basketball tournament in the world, former Zag PG Matt Santangelo is the Tournament Director. Basically consumes the whole town of Spokane for this upcoming weekend which is when Geno is set to visit Gonzaga. Oftentimes it is a big recruiting weekend for Gonzaga as their alumni often participate in the tournament & their current players are usually around attending (not playing) some of the games, plus Spokane & the Gonzaga campus are beautiful this time of the year. In the past they’ve also had a game at Spokane Arena featuring a lot of current professional players from Washington as well. Overall it’s a very cool event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be a major fail on Richards part I think if Crandall goes anywhere but the U. He essentially kick out Stockman leaving them short at the 5 in the hopes they land Crandall. If Geno signs, great. If not the Gophers will still be short in the backcourt and at the 5. Curry is coming off a major knee injury and Oturu is also coming off an injury and a freshman.

Do we know that for sure?

He essentially kick out Stockman leaving them short at the 5 in the hopes they land Crandall.

count me as one thinking Matz had expressed an interest in moving on and coach began searching for someone else. if he was a coach that ran off players, would he have kept gaston?

Do we know that for sure?

I mean, the news that Geno was going to be on the grad transfer market broke like less than a week before Matz transferred. It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to connect the dots.

We can call it "kicked out" or "shown the door" or whatever people want to call it. But the idea that Matz all of a sudden realized that he was going to have to fight for playing time with Curry and Oturu is ridiculous. When Matz signed with the Gophers Curry was already on the roster and Oturu had already committed.

count me as one thinking Matz had expressed an interest in moving on and coach began searching for someone else. if he was a coach that ran off players, would he have kept gaston?

I think it is different than the Gaston example in many ways:

1. Gas wasn't graduating so he would have had to sit out a year. With Matz not having to sit out a year Pitino doesn't have to feel as bad. He's not forcing him not to play this year, just saying he's not going to play here.

2. Matz will have better options than Gas would have. Believe it was reported he's visited/will visit Cal, Louisville, and Georgia Tech.

3. In the case of Matz, there is a specific player in mind (Geno) and we do not have a scholarship for him. I don't recall any specific transfer players in the years Gas was here that expressed interest in coming to Minnesota despite us not having a scholarship available. It's sort of a unique situation.

4. I don't think it's lost on Pitino that his leash is getting shorter, and he may be realizing that sometimes you have to do something you don't necessarily want to do (though is still not against any NCAA rules) in order to help your team.

1. Gas wasn't graduating so he would have had to sit out a year. With Matz not having to sit out a year Pitino doesn't have to feel as bad. He's not forcing him not to play this year, just saying he's not going to play here.

2. Matz will have better options than Gas would have. Believe it was reported he's visited/will visit Cal, Louisville, and Georgia Tech.

3. In the case of Matz, there is a specific player in mind (Geno) and we do not have a scholarship for him. I don't recall any specific transfer players in the years Gas was here that expressed interest in coming to Minnesota despite us not having a scholarship available. It's sort of a unique situation.

4. I don't think it's lost on Pitino that his leash is getting shorter, and he may be realizing that sometimes you have to do something you don't necessarily want to do (though is still not against any NCAA rules) in order to help your team.

Trent Lockett would probably be the last guy to do so I would think.

Find it interesting that when we had him, Matz was a long shot to help us and we were foolish to recruit him. Now that we dont have him, Matz is the second coming and it will be difficult for us to get along without him.

Still feel the tea leaves for Geno are strongly pointing our direction.

Cal it is.

https://twitter.com/matzzillaa/status/1012080152971530240

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I expected this after listening to the podcast. It really sounded to me like it was either Gonzaga or MN.

It sounds like he may squash the Gophers' hope of landing him in the end. He is sounding a lot less sure dragging his feet. If he is really committed, cut the charades and sign already. Don't play the HS mystery hat game on us.

It sounds like he may squash the Gophers' hope of landing him in the end. He is sounding a lot less sure dragging his feet. If he is really committed, cut the charades and sign already. Don't play the HS mystery hat game on us.
Be patient young hungarian. Crandall has earned the right to decide wisely according to what he feels is best. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

This...he aint coming here boys.

Geno Twitter Watch: He’s recently followed some Xavier players and a grad assistant. I’m assuming he already follows a bunch of Minnesota guys.

Before he can be a graduate transfer, he first needs to graduate. With all the credits he needs, it isn't a given that he'll wrap everything up this summer.

everyone take a deep breath!!!!! RELAX!!! it will be ok.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What do you think the significant differences are between the two programs ?

That’s not the point I was making. The point is we are hearing others saying (Geno alluded to this himself) one disadvantage of the Gophers is PT may be tougher to come by because we have so many good guards. Yet we are also not seen as a good team. Whereas Gonzaga is supposedly already a top 5 team yet supposedly is telling him there’s plenty of available PT at guard.

I think a more reasonable view is that Gonzaga has a better team (though we’re going to be good, too, provided half the main rotation isn’t lost like last year), but we have more of a role to provide for him.

This is starting to remind me of the Reid Travis recruitment. All that’s missing are the supposed GH “insider” scoops that he’s committing here.

Top Bottom