Geno Crandall

Yeah, if we don’t get Geno, a 7 foot senior center who could provide depth and log some minutes against the bigger C’s in the conference would help. Any idea where we could find one of those?
If we don't get Geno it is a big indictment of Richard's failure in recruiting. He has ignored recruiting big men and it has hurt this program.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If we don't get Geno it is a big indictment of Richard's failure in recruiting. He has ignored recruiting big men and it has hurt this program.

You obviously are clueless. Just to challenge yourself play devils advocate to your argument and see what you come up with.

You are just b!tching to b!tch. It has turned into a guard game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are just b!tching to b!tch. It has turned into a guard game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
And his guards can't shoot over 40% period, let alone from 3 point range.

Say what? I was alluding to the irony of losing Stockman (if we didn’t have someone lined up to fill his spot). But Pitino’s recruiting of big men has been excellent. Murphy 2nd team all B1G. Lynch DPOY. Oturu #3 center recruit in 2019 class. Curry quality 4 star recruit.

Say what? I was alluding to the irony of losing Stockman (if we didn’t have someone lined up to fill his spot). But Pitino’s recruiting of big men has been excellent. Murphy 2nd team all B1G. Lynch DPOY. Oturu #3 center recruit in 2019 class. Curry quality 4 star recruit.

Murphy without Lynch is overmatched on the boards because it is easy to double team him. Lynch's baggage blew apart the team last year and flushed DPOY down the crapper. Oturu hasn't set foot on the court in a Gopher uniform and is having shoulder surgery before he does. Curry has to step up and do so without reinjuring his knee.

athletic 6'8 grad transfer named josh martin still available

Lol something tells me we won’t get him����

It’s got to be somewhat of a hope that Geno hasn’t at least announced yet when he was at Gonzaga

I wouldn't say that, but I would say it is an indictment of Richard's roster management, the fact that he signs two players that are not eligible to play this year both who could immediately fill in at a position of need and then losses a big man at the eleventh hour causing yet another year of depth problems really might be the last straw. Six years in regardless of the injuries that might happen and having the same depth issues is inexcusable.

When I said something says we won’t get him I meant josh Martin but same goes for Geno

I wouldn't say that, but I would say it is an indictment of Richard's roster management, the fact that he signs two players that are not eligible to play this year both who could immediately fill in at a position of need and then losses a big man at the eleventh hour causing yet another year of depth problems really might be the last straw. Six years in regardless of the injuries that might happen and having the same depth issues is inexcusable.

Just look at it like two red shirt freshman guards coming in. They can’t play 15 players, and next year they will be experienced upper class men. Less of a gamble than bringing in high school kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a healthy sophomore Dupree shot 42% from 3.. if healthy he looks like solid big ten starter.

As a healthy sophomore Dupree shot 42% from 3.. if healthy he looks like solid big ten starter.

I agree. When healthy, Dupree is pretty good at basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree if healthy we have a solid player and I see a Springs like contribution this year.

Back to the thread, if Crandall hasn’t announced then when does he announce? I thought he said somewhere it would be by the 4th but don’t these athletes today announce when they will announce these days?

Back to the thread, if Crandall hasn’t announced then when does he announce? I thought he said somewhere it would be by the 4th but don’t these athletes today announce when they will announce these days?
But, hey, LeBron James is a Laker now....

Geno retweeted this. Maybe it means nothing who knows. Would seriously be crushing if he didn't come here though.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Geno retweeted this. Maybe it means nothing who knows. Would seriously be crushing if he didn't come here though.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Who knows. I think Geno is enjoying his recruitment. He also spent four years out of state. Iam assuming this guy is related to Rashad Vaughn

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Murphy without Lynch is overmatched on the boards because it is easy to double team him. Lynch's baggage blew apart the team last year and flushed DPOY down the crapper. Oturu hasn't set foot on the court in a Gopher uniform and is having shoulder surgery before he does. Curry has to step up and do so without reinjuring his knee.

That doesn't change the fact that Murphy has been a great player for us. The point you made has more to do with the players around him not stepping up (and having our best players out or playing with an injury). Murphy still averaged nearly 10 boards a game after Lynch went out last year.

If he sticks to his timeline, it would be today or tomorrow. He said he wanted to enjoy the Fourth of July with his family after making the decision. Let's hope we see Richard Pitino's dancing Gopher today or tomorrow... If he picks Xavier or Gonzaga, I think the scholarship gets banked. Not sure we're even targeting anyone else right now besides Crandall.

He gone

If he sticks to his timeline, it would be today or tomorrow. He said he wanted to enjoy the Fourth of July with his family after making the decision. Let's hope we see Richard Pitino's dancing Gopher today or tomorrow... If he picks Xavier or Gonzaga, I think the scholarship gets banked. Not sure we're even targeting anyone else right now besides Crandall.

I kind of agreed that the scholarship would get banked if we don't get Crandall, but in Short Ornery Norwegian's sports huddle recap, Pitino mentioned that "you've a long list of guys" in case a scholarship opens up, so maybe there are some contingency plan grad transfers? It is pretty late in the game though, so options could be slim, so maybe we do just bank it or more likely get a little bit of positive publicity from giving it to a walk-on for a year.

I read this tweet as a reference to AAU..

I tweeted something at Crandall the other day about him coming to Minny and he liked it (he may have retweeted it if I wasn't some random guy on Twitter)... Don't think we can infer too much on his decision from Twitter

per Shooter:

It’s looking like highly-sought Geno Crandall, the former DeLaSalle-North Dakota basketball star, could choose Xavier over Minnesota because of his relationship with former Gophers assistant Ben Johnson, the ex-Gophers assistant now with the Musketeers.

Colorado State was the clear favorite for the 6-4 point guard, who is visiting Gonzaga this weekend, but doesn’t have a scholarship available.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/30/charley-walters-stefon-diggs-will-be-next-viking-to-cash-in/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom