Geno Crandall

Doogie predicted on 1500 this morning that Crandall will end up telling the Gophers no.

As he does with most things, he was throwing something on the wall to see if it sticks. His theory was based on nothing more than math. "It's down to the Gophers, Xavier and Gonzaga, so i'll go with the 66.3 percent chance that he doesn't pick the Gophers" is what he said. He then reiterated repeatedly how much he wants Crandall to commit to Minnesota early next week.

I still think he stays home. He's good friends with many of the current players and has said numerous times it would be great/amazing to play his final year in college in front of family and friends.

Let's not forget that this is already a very good recruiting class regardless of what Crandall decides. We seem to get caught up too much on one guy's decision. That said, he could make this a special team, if he wants to.

As he does with most things, he was throwing something on the wall to see if it sticks. His theory was based on nothing more than math. "It's down to the Gophers, Xavier and Gonzaga, so i'll go with the 66.3 percent chance that he doesn't pick the Gophers" is what he said. He then reiterated repeatedly how much he wants Crandall to commit to Minnesota early next week.

I still think he stays home. He's good friends with many of the current players and has said numerous times it would be great/amazing to play his final year in college in front of family and friends.

Let's not forget that this is already a very good recruiting class regardless of what Crandall decides. We seem to get caught up too much on one guy's decision. That said, he could make this a special team, if he wants to.

+1. Doogie has proven time and again he has little inside knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he did talk to geno after the xavier visit ... apparently did not get the impression that geno was leaning to the gophs. Did say geno had good visit at the u and that he would like geno and stull to be the starting guards

Kinda surprised I have not seen any #FreeJarvis

I love Jarvis' game. I thought people were talking about him red-shirting, but he has an incredibly high motor and is freaky athletic. He hasn't been playing basketball for that long either so there could be some more potential there than your typical HS recruit. If he could develop a jump shot, with that combination of athletic ability and motor, it would be scary.

He's been hearing what Brian Snow has been hearing.

So originally when Crandall announced he was transferring, James said Crandall really wants to play for the hometown team. Now we're a distant third?

I love Jarvis' game. I thought people were talking about him red-shirting, but he has an incredibly high motor and is freaky athletic. He hasn't been playing basketball for that long either so there could be some more potential there than your typical HS recruit. If he could develop a jump shot, with that combination of athletic ability and motor, it would be scary.

#FreeJarvis isn't referring to Jarvis Omersa. It's for Jarvis Johnson, who can't play due to his heart condition.

Wrong Jarvis but I agree

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#FreeJarvis isn't referring to Jarvis Omersa. It's for Jarvis Johnson, who can't play due to his heart condition.

My bad. I never think of Jarvis Johnson because there's 0% chance of him playing.

Anyway, back to Geno. If he decides to go elsewhere, good for him. He's earned it and if playing in the national championship is his goal then he probably has a better chance at either Xavier or Gonzaga. Even though, I think Xavier has quite a few question marks coming into the season especially with a new coach.

My bad. I never think of Jarvis Johnson because there's 0% chance of him playing.

Anyway, back to Geno. If he decides to go elsewhere, good for him. He's earned it and if playing in the national championship is his goal then he probably has a better chance at either Xavier or Gonzaga. Even though, I think Xavier has quite a few question marks coming into the season especially with a new coach.

If he does go elsewhere, imagine how stupid he will feel sitting at home watching his childhood dream team (the U) playing deep into the tournament.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he does go elsewhere, imagine how stupid he will feel sitting at home watching his childhood dream team (the U) playing deep into the tournament.

Unless of course he makes it farther with GU or Xavier.

He wouldn’t have been able to leave but he could have still announced he was transferring a while ago like Stull, Crandall, Springs all did. Most grad transfers still have some coursework to still finish when they commit to another school.

But why would he? Seems more reasonable to wait until you are done with school before you go and announce it to the world.

But why would he? Seems more reasonable to wait until you are done with school before you go and announce it to the world.

So other teams don’t fill up before you announce and so you have more tone for visits.

Love this! And it could happen. Geno, if you are reading this, give this some long, hard thought.

How did we miss him as a recruit years ago? Or do we have to suck at recruiting our own state in everything but puck?

Look it up he isn't even rated in the 2014 class, plus he was three inches shorter. Late bloomer. Do you complain when the gophs miss out on some 26 year old Canuck tearing up the big ten after three years of junior, a red shirt season, and then three years of college?

Look it up he isn't even rated in the 2014 class, plus he was three inches shorter. Late bloomer. Do you complain when the gophs miss out on some 26 year old Canuck tearing up the big ten after three years of junior, a red shirt season, and then three years of college?

Yes, yes we do! [emoji56]

So who do we get if Geno decides to leave? Do we think Geno is gone? Obviously I want Geno bad but if he doesn’t come here it’s looking like it would’ve been good if Matz stayed. Any chance there’s any other grad transfers still available??

So who do we get if Geno decides to leave? Do we think Geno is gone? Obviously I want Geno bad but if he doesn’t come here it’s looking like it would’ve been good if Matz stayed. Any chance there’s any other grad transfers still available??

Yeah, if we don’t get Geno, a 7 foot senior center who could provide depth and log some minutes against the bigger C’s in the conference would help. Any idea where we could find one of those?

Well you didn't say so which is the much more likely outcome.

Xavier lost a ton from last year's team. Their best incoming transfer also jumped ship to Purdue when Mack left. That is not a team that makes it deep in the tournament. They are a bubble team at best right now.

Top Bottom