Geno Crandall

Doesn't really matter if he did or didn't. Unless he takes classes online at a different college that will transfer in, 19 would pretty tough to swing.

I took 20 credits in three different semesters of college. Really depends on the school.

und has 2. 6 week summer sessions with online classes....the first one ends 6/23...if geno picks up 9-10 credits, then fall eligibility is looking pretty solid and if any of his new offers are dependent on such progress....I would expect a decision soon after those credits are confirmed

THE SCOUT! If that's the case, we can't risk that. I have to think/hope that Pitino knows exactly what he's going to do with the scholarship prior to the Stockman news.

Go Gophers!!

Bingo. Maybe the target was Reid Travis all along!

This would be a borderline disaster if we gave up on a guy who provided depth at an injury plagued position and then didn't get anything. I had a couple 20 credit quarters at the U and they were a nightmare. Cramming that into summer seems like a tall order at any school, other than North Carolina, of course.

Bingo. Maybe the target was Reid Travis all along!

This would be a borderline disaster if we gave up on a guy who provided depth at an injury plagued position and then didn't get anything. I had a couple 20 credit quarters at the U and they were a nightmare. Cramming that into summer seems like a tall order at any school, other than North Carolina, of course.

I mean, UND...UNC...sounds pretty similar to me. If they get in trouble with the NCAA they could probably just accidentally put UNC as their school name in the documents and it will get overlooked.

I took 20 credits in three different semesters of college. Really depends on the school.

And the program. I wouldn't advise an accounting, engineering, or similar major to do that.

And the program. I wouldn't advise an accounting, engineering, or similar major to do that.

If you were taking 20 credits a semester and majoring in engineering...you would be minoring in celibacy. Believe me.

Maybe someone can ask him about his plans there. His team plays at 2:00 tomorrow. Mckinley Wright, Joey King and Zeke Nnaji are on his team.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you were taking 20 credits a semester and majoring in engineering...you would be minoring in celibacy. Believe me.

I took 21 credits and majored in Chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My theory:

- He (or somebody else) is in the boat, because the Matz thing makes no sense if somebody wasn't confirmed. He was literally in the team picture at Pitino's house days before announcing his transfer.
- For some reason there's a small chance he (or somebody else) won't be eligible and Pitino doesn't want him to announce he's committing then not be eligible when the season comes because it would be a bad look for Pitino.

I took 21 credits and majored in Chemistry.

Chemistry you say...
3b4fce5f414bb0193352d450583cfd01.jpg

Marcus just put up an article with him. Maybe we are not quite a 100% shoe-in to get him as he is still planning on taking visits although I ultimately think he ends up here.

http://www.startribune.com/grad-tra...ing-visits-has-gophers-in-top-five/485721841/

“Minnesota, Gonzaga, Colorado State, Xavier and New Mexico State are probably the five at the top of the list,” Crandall said. “I’m hoping to get on a couple visits here within the next couple of weeks and hopefully have a decision by the end of the month. If not, probably around the Fourth of July holiday.”

Going to high school only couple miles from Minnesota’s campus made it easy for Crandall to stop by for an unofficial visit last week. He’s also been working out and playing pickup basketball with the Gophers several times this summer.

So does Minnesota coach Richard Pitino have an advantage to land him?

“That’s definitely an advantage that they have,” Crandall said. “Growing up being a Gopher fan, I remember going to games at the Barn and how much of an impact that had on me as a kid. Being friends with a lot of guys on the team, hanging around them and playing with them in open gyms is definitely an advantage that Coach P has. He’s been using that one a bit.”

Crandall, who won a state title at DeLaSalle as a senior in 2014, said his next visit could be to Colorado State next week. He was coached in high school by Rams assistant and former Islanders head coach Dave Thorson. Crandall was also working Friday on setting up visits to Xavier and Gonzaga this month.

Geno is sitting with IW, Jarvis Johnson, Willis and Curry before his game at the pro am.

The latest edition of the "Talk Gopher Buckets" podcast covered the Geno Crandall graduate transfer situation. Geno was expected to need 24 credits to graduate this Summer which is basically impossible. The NCAA at some point had a rule that if you are taking over 15 credits in the Summer you have to get approval from the NCAA and the school (according to a college coach Ryan James has talked to). UND changed the requirements for the degree Geno is seeking from 125 credits to 120 meaning that he now needed 19 credits instead of 24. UND is allowing him to take the credits and graduate, but the interesting thing is he's no longer on scholarship there and is paying for these classes. Geno didn't even know graduating was a possibility until 2 weeks ago (as of the time of the podcast, so closer to 3 weeks now), so this all came together very quickly.

Most of the episode is quite dated as it came out the day before the Stockman news broke. Ryan said that rumors out of last years Pro-Am was that Geno wanted to grad transfer to the Gophers which there was a lot of truth to. Ryan seemed pretty confident that Geno wants to be a Gopher, but Ryan also didn't think we'd have a scholarship for him.

The latest edition of the "Talk Gopher Buckets" podcast covered the Geno Crandall graduate transfer situation. Geno was expected to need 24 credits to graduate this Summer which is basically impossible. The NCAA at some point had a rule that if you are taking over 15 credits in the Summer you have to get approval from the NCAA and the school (according to a college coach Ryan James has talked to). UND changed the requirements for the degree Geno is seeking from 125 credits to 120 meaning that he now needed 19 credits instead of 24. UND is allowing him to take the credits and graduate, but the interesting thing is he's no longer on scholarship there and is paying for these classes. Geno didn't even know graduating was a possibility until 2 weeks ago (as of the time of the podcast, so closer to 3 weeks now), so this all came together very quickly.

Most of the episode is quite dated as it came out the day before the Stockman news broke. Ryan said that rumors out of last years Pro-Am was that Geno wanted to grad transfer to the Gophers which there was a lot of truth to. Ryan seemed pretty confident that Geno wants to be a Gopher, but Ryan also didn't think we'd have a scholarship for him.

Even 19 hours is pretty tough to earn in a summer unless you're taking 2 or 3 North Carolina athlete type classes in the mix. If he had 19 of 120 credits left after four years on scholarship, he's had some progress issues in his academic career which makes the possibility of completing 19 hours this summer even more uncertain.

Thanks EG.

Is it 19 remaining or 19 total going into the summer? You can get some credits in May term, and then crush the rest over the summer term.

Even 19 hours is pretty tough to earn in a summer unless you're taking 2 or 3 North Carolina athlete type classes in the mix. If he had 19 of 120 credits left after four years on scholarship, he's had some progress issues in his academic career which makes the possibility of completing 19 hours this summer even more uncertain.

Yeah I had to look it up that he did redshirt. He must have been taking the bare minimum amount of classes every semester to stay a full-time student

I did some research on UND summer classes. They have a 12 week summer session, and you can take 1-2 6 week sessions, or one 9 week session.

Geno is a General Studies major, and it requires he complete 125 credits total, 36 of which have to be at least 300 level.

Most of the summer classes I found were 3 units, but there were a couple 1 unit classes as well. There was a mix of online asynchronous (finish at your own pace) and lecture.

Geno would have to take a total of 6 classes, plus a single 1 credit class. This seems doable although a heavy workload. If he could figure out which classes were easier and really sat down and crammed (probably on the online courses) I think it is doable, although it will be tough. He is essentially completing 15% of his academic courses at UND in one summer session.

I did some research on UND summer classes. They have a 12 week summer session, and you can take 1-2 6 week sessions, or one 9 week session.

Geno is a General Studies major, and it requires he complete 125 credits total, 36 of which have to be at least 300 level.

Most of the summer classes I found were 3 units, but there were a couple 1 unit classes as well. There was a mix of online asynchronous (finish at your own pace) and lecture.

Geno would have to take a total of 6 classes, plus a single 1 credit class. This seems doable although a heavy workload. If he could figure out which classes were easier and really sat down and crammed (probably on the online courses) I think it is doable, although it will be tough. He is essentially completing 15% of his academic courses at UND in one summer session.
Online, asynchronous, you say...
"Will the real Geno Crandall please come down." [emoji57][emoji41]

School should be Geno's full time job until he graduates if there's really a chance he doesn't make it...

What happens if Geno cannot make it to the U? How long does Pitino keep the Max Stockman scholarship open? Is Max Stockman really that bad that he is encouraged to grad transfer? It would have been nice to have a bench player at Center to spare Oturu a few minutes' rest at a time. Is Travis Reid a forgone conclusion to grad transfer to Kentucky?

Then he will need to be accepted by the UM Admissions which is no given. Right?

Geno should embrace my credo from my senior year at the U. "D for diploma, Baby!" Of course he still needs to qualify for graduate school admission, which I didn't care about with my ticket to Navy Flight School already punched.

Top Bottom