Geno Crandall

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

His interviews the gophs were a top 15 team before injuries, I loved the gophs growing up...blah blah bs.

And he chooses Gonzaga.

Could debate all day, night, weekend, etc. if it was the correct decision, which program was better, what each team could have done with him, etc. Waste of energy, in my opinion. I said before to myself, if he takes the trip out there that's where he's going. It ended up that way, this time.

One thing to remember, he went out there (to Gonzaga) and played against them last season with North Dakota. So he knew what their atmosphere and team was like, already. Similar to how he said "I already know what I'll get with Minnesota, so don't need to visit there". He kinda had a similar idea for Gonzaga, but he wanted to go out there, and he got fully sold on their program and the upcoming season.

End of the day, for me, I will say congratulations to him, wish him good luck with his new team, and move on. Good luck Geno!

Bless Geno for letting you all down early. [emoji41]

Disappointing but we will be fine. Hopefully we can meet up with Geno and Gonzaga in maybe the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament and he can see his "favorite" team knock his current team out of the NCAA Tournament.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Good for him. He certainly earned it with his play at UND. He probably views Gonzaga as his best chance to play in the final four in his hometown and he's probably not wrong in that assertion.

Obviously disappointing that he didn't end up with the Gophers. I think he would have started over IW and it would made them a very dangerous team. Now, we'll see if Pitino ends up banking the scholarship, bring in a fresh body, or give it to Brady for the year.

Not shocking but still a bummer. And we remain an IW injury away from a train wreck.

per Marcus:

The fireworks were on July 4th, but graduate transfer Geno Crandall’s decision Thursday to commit to Gonzaga was another big celebration for Zags fans – and disappointment for Gophers faithful.

Crandall, a former North Dakota and DeLaSalle guard, announced his decision on Twitter. He picked the Bulldogs over Minnesota and Xavier. The 6-foot-4, 180-pound senior is expected to graduate this summer and become immediately eligible to play for the 2018-19 season.

Even before landing Crandall on Thursday, Bulldogs coach Mark Few had a projected top-10 team in early preseason rankings. The Zags were 32-5 and reached the Sweet 16 last season. They return starters Josh Perkins, Zach Norvell Jr. and Killian Tillie, along with their top NBA prospect Rui Hachimura.

The Gophers lose out on Crandall, but they return All-Big Ten forward Jordan Murphy and a talented backcourt of Amir Coffey, Dupree McBrayer and Isaiah Washington. Their 2018 recruiting class includes freshmen Daniel Oturu, Jarvis Omersa and Gabe Kalscheur.

Richard Pitino, who finished 15-17 in his fifth season in 2017-18, still has one scholarship remaining for next season after 7-foot senior Matz Stockman transferred to Cal. Pitino added Wisconsin-Milwaukee grad transfer Brock Stull, Vanderbilt transfer Payton Willis and Pittsburgh transfer Marcus Carr this spring. Willis and Carr will sit out next season due to NCAA transfer rules.

http://www.startribune.com/grad-tra...ks-gonzaga-over-gophers-and-xavier/487415081/

Go Gophers!!

I'm sure Pitino has another guy on the hook somewhere!

Good for him. He certainly earned it with his play at UND. He probably views Gonzaga as his best chance to play in the final four in his hometown and he's probably not wrong in that assertion.

Obviously disappointing that he didn't end up with the Gophers. I think he would have started over IW and it would made them a very dangerous team. Now, we'll see if Pitino ends up banking the scholarship, bring in a fresh body, or give it to Brady for the year.

To quote Joe Mauer

Frustrating

Has Carr had his spin on the NCAA's Wheel of Random Decisions yet?

Now, we'll see if Pitino ends up banking the scholarship, bring in a fresh body, or give it to Brady for the year.

Pls forgive my ignorance: if no one else was going to be brought in, do the rules all any type of future benefit to be redeemed next season, if not "spending" the open/avail scholarship on a non-scholarship player this year?

Pls forgive my ignorance: if no one else was going to be brought in, do the rules all any type of future benefit to be redeemed next season, if not "spending" the open/avail scholarship on a non-scholarship player this year?

No. They will just give it to one of the walk-ons for the year and use it next year.

You have got to F’ing kidding me. Unbelievable... another kid that got blinded by what he thought was the bright lights. Now he can at least he can be sitting in a comfy chair, eating a bag of popcorn while he watches the Gophers in the tourney. I guess he knew that IW was better than him...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have got to F’ing kidding me. Unbelievable... another kid that got blinded by what he thought was the bright lights. Now he can at least be sitting in a comfy chair, eating a bag of popcorn while he watches the Gophers in the tourney. I guess he knew that IW was better than him...

Don't go overboard. He will be in the NCAA tournament with Gonzaga. But most likely coming off the bench vs. starting here. I don't get it, but it is what it is.

You have got to F’ing kidding me. Unbelievable... another kid that got blinded by what he thought was the bright lights. Now he can at least be sitting in a comfy chair, eating a bag of popcorn while he watches the Gophers in the tourney. I guess he knew that IW was better than him...

I hope this is just bitterness in the moment. I'm disappointed too, but Gonzaga is a preseason top 5 or top 10 team. They were very likely going to be better than us with or without Crandall.

Don't go overboard. He will be in the NCAA tournament with Gonzaga. But most likely coming off the bench vs. starting here. I don't get it, but it is what it is.

Of course the Zags will be in the tourney, they just have to the “ little sisters of the Poor” conference..

I wish we would have gotten him. Still I think we have the makings of a very, very good squad and IW can be a star. The key is to avoid the injuries and Crandall would have offered another good option to offset a potential injury issue. I give Pitino credit for taking the shot and working to have an open scholly- even though it failed. I would not be surprised if another option pops up this summer. Too bad though- this would have been a great summer add.

Well this sucks, **** Geno normally don't care but don't hang out with the ****in team the day before, post it all over social media, and let the coach push a guy out to make room for you. ****in ******bag

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would not be surprised if another option pops up this summer.

What do you think the odds are that another player from somewhere in the country sees this news, sees Minnesota's open scholarship, and asks to speak with them about this season? Is it too late to decide to transfer, if you had been planning to play another season at your current school?

EDIT*** I think the harder problem is that to be eligible the same season as transferring, you have to "grad" transfer. So would have already graduated from school and have been looking for graduate programs at another school. Seems like that would've already happened? I dont know, honestly.

Well this sucks, **** Geno normally don't care but don't hang out with the ****in team the day before, post it all over social media, and let the coach push a guy out to make room for you. ****in ******bag

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Triggered?

There will be a few more options that open up this summer. They wont be nearly as talented as Geno but ill bet the scholly gets used.

Top Bottom