Geno Crandall

Our offense at times seemed very vanilla last year. Lot's of guys standing around, no movement, etc. Will landing better talent change that? Doesn't coach Pitino need to kick it up a notch too? I'd hate to see the same crappy offense again this year.

I've been thinking about this, and it dovetails with the question of how we recover from the loss of one of the most productive players in program history (Mason). Last year the offense too often devolved into hero ball, although with so many of our best players suspended or injured, that was almost understandable. This coming year shapes up as more of an ensemble production, with our without Crandall, so the question is how well the team passes and moves and how good of passers the young bigs turn out to be.

And there is also a possibility that they win the NCAA tournament and that Jesus Christ flies me to Mars. You implied there was a better than average chance with the addition of Crandall.
Elon Musk will fly you to mars assuming that his rocket ship doesn’t blow up at takeoff.

And there is also a possibility that they win the NCAA tournament and that Jesus Christ flies me to Mars. You implied there was a better than average chance with the addition of Crandall.

No I said that it was more likely than not that we finish better than .500 in response to Minnesota’s post and also I said we have a chance at potential top 3 finish. I didn’t say it was more likely than not that we do finish top 3. You are misinterpreting my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero chance that half the big 10 would have matched what the Zags have done. Big 10 teams have a simple path to get to the tourney and few have won 28 games over that period. I think he will pick the Gophers but the program here is a complete joke when measured against Gonzaga. We are not even a .500 conference record over history and have something like 3 conference titles in over 85 years. This is the year to win one, year 6, loaded roster, weak conference.

Big Ten teams have a simple path to get into get tournament? What?

1) Our backcourt will take a back seat to no big team. (Given Crandall) (Also think I value McBrayer more than some.)
2) Big Ten POY candidate at power forward.
3) Good depth.
If Oturu hits the ground running, we can challenge for a big ten championship.

No I said that it was more likely than not that we finish better than .500 in response to Minnesota’s post and also I said we have a chance at potential top 3 finish. I didn’t say it was more likely than not that we do finish top 3. You are misinterpreting my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so I’ll agree with your opinion that we’d have a good shot of an over .500 winning percentage in the B1G.

I just don’t believe from a realistic standpoint that we have any shot of being Top 3 in the conference. Sure it’s statistically possible but my opinion is that there isn’t a chance in hell it happens.

I think with Crandall and we stay mostly healthy. This team can go 12-8 in the league. Go 10-1 in non con and will be in good shape. No Crandall this is a .500 ish big ten team

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I see 14-6 in the B1G with Crandall and a healthy Oturu and Curry. Book it.

I see 14-6 in the B1G with Crandall and a healthy Oturu and Curry. Book it.
agreed. In my estimation a healthy Curry will be a game changer and a team makeup changer. Those of you who get to see the incoming freshman play as prep players know more about if Oturu and the other two add even more to the team. Should be if the team is healthy, a fantastic year. And yes they could finish near the top of the conference.

For the first time in awhile I think Crandall is staying home.

We went 11-7 with Lynch playing as arguably the best defensive player in the country and All-Conference Mason.

Yes, Curry is back with a more experienced Coffey, Dupree, Murphy and Oturu and the other youngens are a wild card, but 14-6 is lofty even with a weak conference.

14-6 is completely reasonable are lineup with Crandall will be loaded. No clue who starting lineup will be but going with this just for example.
PGIW(big ten team talent). Stull(starts a lot of big10 teams)
SGCrandall(big ten team talent). Pree(starts on lot of teams)
SF Coffey(nba talent). Kalscheur
PF Murph(potential all american). Omersa
C Oturu(big freshmen talent). Curry(potential big team talent)

14-6 is completely reasonable are lineup with Crandall will be loaded. No clue who starting lineup will be but going with this just for example.
PGIW(big ten team talent). Stull(starts a lot of big10 teams)
SGCrandall(big ten team talent). Pree(starts on lot of teams)
SF Coffey(nba talent). Kalscheur
PF Murph(potential all american). Omersa
C Oturu(big freshmen talent). Curry(potential big team talent)

This would be my evaluation of our 10 deep rotation.

PG: Crandall-Above average big ten starting PG, potential all big ten
SG: Dupree-solid starting SG, right around average
SF: Coffey-Above average Big Ten SF, potential all big ten player
PF: Murphy, potential big ten POY and all american
C: Curry-slightly below average big ten starting center

Bench
PG: Isaiah-one of the best backup PG's in the Big Ten
SG: Stull-One of the best backup SG's in big ten
SF: Hurt-below average backup SF
PF: Omersa-below average backup PF
C: Oturu-one of the best backup centers in Big Ten.

Amir is one of best small forwards in the conference and you say only above average?

I also think IW is going to make a big jump this year. He turned it on at end last year and knows what to expect in big 10 now

Amir is one of best small forwards in the conference and you say only above average?

Yes, the fact that he is one of the best SF's in the conference would mean that he is an above average starting big ten SF.

He is not yet a first team All Big caliber player though.

That’s fair I guess. I think Amir is an all big ten talent but the reason people don’t think so is because he is so unselfish and such a good teammate. Something that will be key this year cause we don’t need him to average 20

I also think IW is going to make a big jump this year. He turned it on at end last year and knows what to expect in big 10 now
indeed and I hope this upcoming year his teammates are more aware of his passing ability.

That’s fair I guess. I think Amir is an all big ten talent but the reason people don’t think so is because he is so unselfish and such a good teammate. Something that will be key this year cause we don’t need him to average 20
Unselfish is right, who knows what he would accomplish as a more selfish player. As you mention his unselfish play may be more fitting this upcoming year.

We went 11-7 with Lynch playing as arguably the best defensive player in the country and All-Conference Mason.

Yes, Curry is back with a more experienced Coffey, Dupree, Murphy and Oturu and the other youngens are a wild card, but 14-6 is lofty even with a weak conference.

OT home losses by 1 and 2 points to Mich St and Wisc, could’ve been 13-5. Last season with all, healthy players, who knows?

So back on thread topic. Do we think Geno is coming?

OT home losses by 1 and 2 points to Mich St and Wisc, could’ve been 13-5. Last season with all, healthy players, who knows?

Would have, could have ! What about the 3 ot wins, the one point Indiana win ?

So back on thread topic. Do we think Geno is coming?

I don’t think anyone knows for sure except maybe Crandalll himself.

I would bet we were the original leader and I still think we are the best fit, and hope he didn’t let negative recruiting sway his thinking.

I don’t think anyone knows for sure except maybe Crandalll himself.

I would bet we were the original leader and I still think we are the best fit, and hope he didn’t let negative recruiting sway his thinking.
Not that we are impatient but shouldn’t the announcement come in a few at 7PM? How much later on a July 4th evening would you announce? Crowds are soon moving off to firework displays, barbecues are a blazing, etc.

Fingers crossed. If we get Geno this is what our roster compares to 16-17 tourney team.
Losses with Minutes
Mason
Lynch
Springs
Konate

Additions
IW
Geno
Brock Stull
Dan Oturu
Gabe Kalscheur
Omersa
Practice players in Carr and Willis
Much improved players (Murph, Curry I think, Hurt)
This is why I think we are underestimated cause on paper this is definitely a more talented team

Fingers crossed. If we get Geno this is what our roster compares to 16-17 tourney team.
Losses with Minutes
Mason
Lynch
Springs
Konate

Additions
IW
Geno
Brock Stull
Dan Oturu
Gabe Kalscheur
Omersa
Practice players in Carr and Willis
Much improved players (Murph, Curry I think, Hurt)
This is why I think we are underestimated cause on paper this is definitely a more talented team
Isn’t one big key for freshman coming in is to have their body size and stanima Big Ten ready? And I realize easier said then done, young kids entering their first college years still growing with high metabolisms. Does Oturu have Big Ten size?

Top Bottom