Clemson QB Hunter Johnson transfers to Northwestern

And the saga of the transferring 5* QB's continues. It's some ridiculous percentage that leave their original school...

Oh, and it certainly does suck that he's going to NW, but I think people forget that Tanner Morgan may well be coming off a Heisman season and be getting pushed by two incoming Freshman who've drawn comparisons to Elway/Montana/Marino/Brady. But I mean sure, be worried if you want...

Also our guys who committed yesterday will swallow up this guy.

Sometime the ratings are pretty weird. I looked at this guy’s stats and hudl and I’m scratching my head trying to figure out why he was rated so high. He’s not big, he’s not particularly athletic, he’s not particularly quick on his delivery, and his arm isn’t elite level. His high school stats were meh. Not to say he couldn’t be a great college QB but maybe a little to a lot overrated coming out of HS, returning home with his tail between the legs after competing with the other Clemson blue chips. I’m going to keep an eye on this one but I don’t feel so bad now.

Sometime the ratings are pretty weird. I looked at this guy’s stats and hudl and I’m scratching my head trying to figure out why he was rated so high. He’s not big, he’s not particularly athletic, he’s not particularly quick on his delivery, and his arm isn’t elite level. His high school stats were meh. Not to say he couldn’t be a great college QB but maybe a little to a lot overrated coming out of HS, returning home with his tail between the legs after competing with the other Clemson blue chips. I’m going to keep an eye on this one but I don’t feel so bad now.

Ratings are a funny game.

Happy for NW. I want the Big10 West to elevate it's game. We need to be a good team that can compete and win the West. I don't want to winn the West because everyone else sucks.

Big play for Northwestern......good for them.

Let's let it play out; I remember when Kyle Prater went from USC to Northwestern with some expectations as well...

More proof that facilities are huge for recruiting.

More about landing at a P5 where you think you can play. We may be unsettled at QB, but when you see another QB transferring out from here because he isn't competitive with two freshman QB's that might give you pause. Add to that a family connection (brother played there 2013-2016) and Northwestern QB who started all games last year is a senior this year.

More about landing at a P5 where you think you can play. We may be unsettled at QB, but when you see another QB transferring out from here because he isn't competitive with two freshman QB's that might give you pause. Add to that a family connection (brother played there 2013-2016) and Northwestern QB who started all games last year is a senior this year.

All of that and Northwestern has put one starting QB into the NFL recently (Siemian) and almost certainly will have another soon (Thorson, projected first-round pick in some mocks for next year).

All of that and Northwestern has put one starting QB into the NFL recently (Siemian) and almost certainly will have another soon (Thorson, projected first-round pick in some mocks for next year).

Yeah, those projected first round QB picks do not help the recruiting as one might think. See 2016.

Big play for Northwestern......good for them.

Let's let it play out; I remember when Kyle Prater went from USC to Northwestern with some expectations as well...

exactly what I was thinking. I wonder what the success rate is of 5 star transfers?

Purdue and Northwestern were the only serious candidates. His brother was a walkon at NU, not sure he saw any playing time. The starting potential is good. I really don’t think he would’ve been scared off by the pedigrees of Morgan and Annexstad though...

exactly what I was thinking. I wonder what the success rate is of 5 star transfers?

I would assume just transferring carries its own automatic negatives..... but staying if you're not going to play sure does too ;)

Top Bottom