Q&A with Michael Hurt - talks off-season work, new assistants and more

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

GS: What have you been working on since the season ended?

MH: I’ve been working on being able to handle the ball better, mostly. Being able to come off ball screens and make reads.

GS: Last season was disappointing for the team, but individually you did have the chance to play quite a bit. How do you think that can benefit you?

MH: Obviously we had a lot of injuries, so I was kind of forced into playing more, which is good because I got some valuable experience. A lot of the guys like Dupree and Murph, when they were freshmen they got thrown in and I think it was kind of the same thing for me. The year before, I didn’t play much, so I learned a lot about myself and playing with my teammates. It was a really good overall experience for me that will help me through this year and next.

GS: What advice has Coach Pitino given you heading into the summer?

MH: To be more confident shooting the ball, getting my shot off but then also working on things in the weight room. Like getting stronger, quicker, so I can be out there longer and not be as much of a liability (on defense) and guard better.

GS: What are your impressions of the two new assistant coaches?

MH: I’ve gone through quite a few workouts with Coach Jeter so I got to work with him a lot. Coach Lindsted reached out and I’ve been able to talk with him a bit. I’m excited about getting back up there and getting to work.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060718aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom