3 game series @ Long Beach State
    1 game @ Pepperdine
    3 game series @ Dallas Baptist
    3 game series @ NC State
    3 game home series vs Oklahoma

Home opener is vs Nebraska on 3/29

No Iowa on the schedule. Booo

B1G Opponents: @PSU, Neb, @Mich, Ill, @Ind, OSU, Mary, @NW

The road to Omaha begins on 2/15 against Gonzaga.

Really really good schedule. Chance for a lot of quality wins.

Nice. I just moved to Cali. I might go see the Long Beach State games.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenTheGreek View Post
    Gophers announce 2019 baseball schedule

A killer non-conference schedule:
    2 games vs Oregon State (neutral sites)
    2 games vs Gonzaga (neutral site)
    1 game vs Washington
    3 game series @ Long Beach State
    1 game @ Pepperdine
    3 game series @ Dallas Baptist
    3 game series @ NC State
    3 game home series vs Oklahoma

Home opener is vs Nebraska on 3/29
    Great schedule this year. Now it's up all up to old man weather.

Practices are officially underway.

Baseball America's Gopher Preview

MN Daily: With high expectations, Gophers baseball begins practice

Though it may not seem like it with the recent cold wave washing over campus, baseball season is ready to start in Dinkytown.

The Gophers' baseball team, which went 44-15 overall and was one series away from the College World Series last season, started practice for the 2019 season on Friday. Minnesota won the Big Ten regular season and tournament championship last season. Four Gophers were selected in the 2018 MLB draft from that team, with the highest pick being then-junior Terrin Vavra, who was the 96th overall pick.

"We don't want to forget it. We want to embrace that and take some confidence from that. ... It's elevated our program here, I think, to a different level on the national scene, and we're going to embrace that part of it," said Minnesota head coach John Anderson, who is in his 37th season as head coach. "But at the same time, this is a different team."

The Gophers graduated six seniors from last season, and lost two juniors in the draft. Though it wasn't a large class, those few had an impact, especially in the position groups. The starters who played in center field, third base and second base are all gone this season.

Ben Mezzenga, a senior outfielder who had the second highest batting average last season with a .383, said he plans on moving his position to center field as former center fielder Alex Boxwell graduated. Junior shortstop Jordan Kozicky and senior first baseman Cole McDevitt will lead the inexperienced infield this season.

"We're going to need guys to step up who maybe hadn't had much success previously in their years," Mezzenga said. "A lot of those guys have been working extremely hard, and I know there's going to be guys that are going to show up this year and really blow everyone away with how well they do."

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2019/...egins-practice

Go Gophers!!

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/2...atch-list.aspx

Good for Max! Although I must say I'm a little surprised at the article that said Meyer would be playing more OF this year in addition to this bullpen duties. If anything, I thought they'd be looking to see if they can transition him into a starter.

Good for Max! Although I must say I'm a little surprised at the article that said Meyer would be playing more OF this year in addition to this bullpen duties. If anything, I thought they'd be looking to see if they can transition him into a starter.
    In the Steak n Beans series, he didn't pitch at all, no surprise, but he did play the outfield every game. I believe he ended up as one of the top hitters in the series.

His pitches and style are perfect for the closer roll. I’m happy they are leaving him in there. Anderson said something to the effect that in that roll he can influence a couple games in a series vs one start.
    Why change a great thing? Hopefully no Soph slump for him and Fredrickson.