Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Surprise, AZ Tournament is for sure. Coach A told me in the Portland airport.
    Usually it is two games against each opponent from the opposite conference.

2. Default

Really would hurt to lose Reggie Meyer, but if that happens hopefully one of the freshmen pitchers could step up into a significant role.

3. Default

Anybody here have any insight if Estrada might be able to earn some at bats next year? Was there an injury this year? Seems strange that he got 0 AB's after the first few games. He had some electric looking power at times 2 years ago.
    Last edited by WoodburyTim; 06-13-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Default Go gophers!

1. Estrada - He has struggled with the bat these last two years. That's why Estrada did not play a lot this year or last year. I know the coaches are hopeful, that Estrada will figure things out when it comes to batting, because he has great potential. He has one more year left to do it.

2. Pitching staff - I think people here are under estimating how good this pitching staff should be next year. I would not be surprised at all if the pitching staff finishes in the top 5 in the nation next year. They were 13th this year. Two reasons why the pitching staff should be stellar next year.

A. We had something like 7 or 8 freshmen this year. I think pitchers typically take the biggest jump of improvement between their Freshmen and Sophomore years. I know that is not always the case, but I think you'll see a lot of freshmen be significantly better next year over this year.

B. Don't forget we are getting two incoming Freshmen who are really highly regarded. Plus Nolan B. if he is healthy. If Meyer comes back his Senior year, the pitching staff should be loaded.

If everyone is healthy and Meyer comes back, there would not be very many pitching staffs in America, I would take over ours.
    Last edited by Golden04; 06-13-2018 at 02:36 PM.

5. Default

Any word on Meyer?
    THIS IS....GOLDEN....GOPHER.....BASKETBALL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherholefan View Post
    Any word on Meyer?
    He signed with the Texas Rangers per the Tribune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Is this Moron #1? Put Moron #2 on the phone."

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherholefan View Post
    Any word on Meyer?
    Few different people have reported he will sign but it doesn't look like either him or Vavra have officially signed yet.

8. Default

Sunday paper. R Meyers is signed by Texas

9. Default

This is a good link that updates all the signings when they become official and shows you the amount they got.
    https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker

Quote Originally Posted by dlw4gophers View Post
    Sunday paper. R Meyers is signed by Texas
    Crap

11. Default

Looks like Reggie got to go straight to their short season class A team pitching a inning yesterday. If he got that assignment and the $125,000 that he can get without it counting against the bonus pool as much as I would have liked him to be a Gopher next year it is hard to blame him for going.
    http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2018/ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy Gopher View Post
    Looks like Reggie got to go straight to their short season class A team pitching a inning yesterday. If he got that assignment and the $125,000 that he can get without it counting against the bonus pool as much as I would have liked him to be a Gopher next year it is hard to blame him for going.
    http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2018/ALL
    Not much of a bonus in reality since the average salary of a Class A player is ~$1300/month. That bonus will get spent pretty quickly!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Not much of a bonus in reality since the average salary of a Class A player is ~$1300/month. That bonus will get spent pretty quickly!

True, but might be close to 3x as much as he would've got as a senior and with him being a redshirt junior maybe he had already graduated.

125k for being a mid 30 round pick? Can't blame him at all. Suppose he has a really good senior year and bumps his value to round 20....as a senior he has no leverage. He would get less bonus and be a year behind all the guys his age. It sucks but it is smart

15. Default

MLB Draft Tracker lists Reggie's bonus as $5,000 and if that is actually right then it makes no sense at all that he signed. He could've easily got that as a SR and would've probably been taken quite a bit higher. I would think there has to be a mistake with draft tracker if Reggie actually signed for $5,000 he made a big mistake and has a terrible agent.