Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Michigan wins 8-0 to take the series. The Gophers had runners on basically every inning but didn't execute very well at all. Very bad situational hitting today as at least 4-5 times they had a runner reach 3rd with 1 out or less and couldn't score anybody. Michigan had 4 homeruns in the game including solo shots in the 1st and 2nd.

Gophers win 4-3 on a 2 run walkoff homerun from Max Meyer. Gophers struggled at the plate early with a lot of shallow pop ups but did start to hit some balls hard as the game went on. They did struggle to move runners over today though and I know that is something the staff won't be at all happy with. Pitching was solid until the 4th inning when walks came to kill as the Gophers walked the bases loaded and then a run scored on a infield hit that was really just a well placed slow roller. 2 more walks followed to score 2 more runs and NDSU was up 3-1. Max Meyer was the spark late getting a pinch hit RBI single in the 7th and then the home run in the 9th. Patrick Fredrickson came in to start the 6th or 7th and retired the first and only hitter he faced on a fly out. Ty McDevitt and the trainer came out to the mound and talked with Fredrickson for a couple minutes before he ultimately walked off with them and the Gophers made a pitching change. Fredrickson didn't seem to be holding his arm at all or pointing to it at all but you could tell on the pitches he did throw something just didn't look right, looked like he just wasn't comfortable.

Is there any chance they play this weekend? Any alternative plans being made to get the games in?

Too bad US Bank won't throw us a bone for booting the Goph's out of there this spring and let us play there this weekend.

Have we heard anything on Fredrickson?

I don't know why U.S. Bank is not available but i know they will try to play 3 games between Sunday and Monday. They need to get the games in because there are no open dates between now and the end of the Big Ten season. Teams have just figured out Patrick and with his lack of control, (walking and hitting batters) bad things happen when pitchers don't throw strikes. Thoresen has had the same problem this year as last year but he continues to get opportunities to start each week. (He leads the team in starts) Not sure why he hasn't been moved to the bullpen with his control issues. Should be an interesting couple of weeks with the Illinois series followed be SDSU Tuesday and Oklahoma next weekend. Several MLB scouts at the Michigan series watching Meyer and Schulze along with a couple more Tuesday night watching Schulze close out the NDSU game with some filthy stuff in the 9th inning.

Ugly day today. Gophers should've took control early in game 1 but didn't and let Illinois hang around and they came back with a run in each of the 6th, 7th, and 8th to take the win. Game 2 was just terrible. 2 big innings for Illinois did the bulk of the damage but the Gophers didn't even really compete at all. Bad at the plate, on the mound, and in the field for the majority of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    Nothing concrete but someone who knows MN amateur baseball pretty well said he heard it was a torn Labrum and he is done for the season/maybe longer.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyTim View Post
    Said on the broadcast Sunday that they are just gonna give him a week or two rest right now and see how it goes. Just mentioned he had discomfort last Tuesday against NDSU.

Gophers battle back to steal a 5-4 win today against Illinois. 2 in the 7th and 2 in the 8th gave the Gophers a lead and Brett Schulze came in after a leadoff double to escape trouble and preserve the win.

J.P. Massey goes 4 innings in his first start allowing just a solo home run, Jeff Fasching goes 3 scoreless, and Nolan Burchill and Bubba Horton finish things off with a inning each. Jordan Kozicky had a solo home run and Cole McDevitt had a couple hits and a RBI.

Does anyone know where or how I could get one of the masters hats given out the other night to the first 100 students. I would really really like to get one. If anyone knows or has a way to get one I would sincerely appreciate it. 2FE76AF4-BCBA-4C68-AB3B-E26617913EEF.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Swing Golf View Post
    Does anyone know where or how I could get one of the masters hats given out the other night to the first 100 students. I would really really like to get one. If anyone knows or has a way to get one I would sincerely appreciate it. 2FE76AF4-BCBA-4C68-AB3B-E26617913EEF.jpg
    Your best bet is probably to try to email someone in the marketing department to see if they gave out all of them or not. Here is a link to the directory.
    https://gophersports.com/staff.aspx

Gophers use 2 big innings and a very nice performance from Sam Thoresen to take the opener against Oklahoma. A 4 run 1st highlighted by a Jack Wassel 3 run homerun and a 3 run 5th did the majority of the damage offensively. Riley Smith also added a homerun late in the game. Thoresen did a great job tonight. He showed why the coaching staff has talked so highly of him. When he has solid control he has some absolutely nasty stuff. I think the biggest thing is just trying to keep Sam confident.