Lewan to Michigan

Man, this is a big loss for us!!!!!

I'm curious as to why Lewan would go there...they already have a quality O-line and he likely won't play any consistent minutes for a couple/few years at the least.

I wonder what that slimeball Dickrod has up his sleeves...as far as football programs go, there are plenty of others around that are as good or nearly as good as Michigan, but why is Michigan getting such a good class in again under this tool?

Michigan's success for recruiting under Dickrod may approach the Notre Dame WTF factor soon.

Lewan could develop into a great offensive tackle but Ed Olson, Josh Campion, and Brooks Michel could too. At least there's three quality offensive tackles already committed.

Hold your shorts....Lewan had a ton of D1 offers and his best buddy is at Michigan. Lewan visit here was really out of respect for his dad. He never did name a top 3, or 5 in his selection. I never expected him to committ to the Gophers, so to me it's not a big loss. Lewan will find out pretty quick though that Ann Arbor is a "shit hole" of a town. I had one major account there when I was traveling and I dreaded everyone one of the 19 years I had to make the stop. In 19 years I only spent two overnights and that involved the Gopher BB team playing the Wolves. Crylser Arena was truly the place basketball goes to die. The most stale arena I have ever been in. I picked up tickets out front for 5.00

Lewan had a high school teammate commit to Michigan too, that may have had some impact on his decision.

Maybe, Lewan is a tell on the recruiting for 2010. He would have had to know about this years recruits Olson, Campion, and Michel. But then again he may have been on campus with Gjere or Henderson. Playing time an issue at Michigan? I would not trade you Gjere and Henderson for Lewan.. Just land those two guys and everything will be fine.

I am still waiting to here about the second comming of Jewhan Edwards.

I'm not worried, there is still a lot of time until Feb...

Of all the top tier recruits on the horizon, I thought that we had the best chance with him, being the son of an alumnus and former player. Further I was excited about adding some serious talent to our much beleaguered offensive line. As toward there being a lot of time left I think that the realistic chances at some real recruiting coups diminish greatly with every passing week. Lets hope there is some good news in the coming weeks.

picture.php

We need to recruit at least one DT each year and Jewhan Edwards is the model we should be looking for.

Disappointing because by all accounts, Lewan is a good one. He did go to our camp last summer, which made me think we had a great shot at him. I also read the article where he was talking about how is teammate was always bugging him to commit to Michigan so they could go there together and my guess is that had a lot of influence on the final decision.

Now we can concentrate on Henderson and Gjere for next year.

When life gives you lemons....drink Tequila.

We "lost" Lewan, but just HAPPENED to have the 6'7" 350lb Willis on Campus the same weekend and got his committment. New OL Coach Davis recruited Willis at Alabama and he's got strong interest from Oklahoma as well. The guy's a Juco so he should be able to step in and start right away as opposed to Lewan who would likely have red shirted, plus he's Davis' guy.

Top Bottom