Florida DB TJ Robinson flips from USF and commits to Minnesota

Congrats TJ!

There is plenty of opportunities for playing time after RS year.

Always wonder with big safties like him how well they move but he looks a pretty fluid athlete in his hudl highlight reel. He’s probably going to be another one of those kids that adds P5 offers late in the process. One way or another the defense is shaping up to be incredibly lanky and athletic. In the next few years it’s really going to be night and day compared to what we are used to from the old staff for example that were all about technique and keeping everything in front. There’s going to be athletes on the backend where you can really take some chances with blitzes and otherwise.

Really seems to enjoy hitting for such a lanky guy. Should make for a nice ballhawking safety prospect. Nice get.

I like his video much more than I had anticipated I would. Given his size I figured he'd be kind of a big lumbering guy, but that's hardly the case. He looks like a nice ball hawking safety who's not afraid to lay a lick on someone. Welcome aboard!

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/7552535/5a024bd68cd5b22234685e7a' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ronnie Lott wishes he was as good as this guy is going to be.

Always wonder with big safties like him how well they move but he looks a pretty fluid athlete in his hudl highlight reel. He’s probably going to be another one of those kids that adds P5 offers late in the process. One way or another the defense is shaping up to be incredibly lanky and athletic. In the next few years it’s really going to be night and day compared to what we are used to from the old staff for example that were all about technique and keeping everything in front. There’s going to be athletes on the backend where you can really take some chances with blitzes and otherwise.

This player does look like a nice pick up. If he grows some in the next couple years I could also see him switching to an OLB.
Have to disagree with you on the old staff playing a keep everything in front D. They were not that way. They utilized different blitz schemes quite often leaving the DBs in one on one match ups. Sometimes it worked like the WSU bowl game, sometimes it didn’t, Texas Tech bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This player does look like a nice pick up. If he grows some in the next couple years I could also see him switching to an OLB.
Have to disagree with you on the old staff playing a keep everything in front D. They were not that way. They utilized different blitz schemes quite often leaving the DBs in one on one match ups. Sometimes it worked like the WSU bowl game, sometimes it didn’t, Texas Tech bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We definitely left Murray and BBC on an island a fair amount in their time here but that was more to throw more bodies into run support. We were a time managing team. We didn’t really see the exotic blitzes until the Claeys year.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Hopefully a case of PJ finding someone better that will commit soon???

The next three or four years? Either this guy is planning on transferring or he has a pretty high opinion of his pro prospects.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!
I like the "next 3 to 4 years" comment. Anticipating the NFL? Or his next transfer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think this was known since earlier this week, when we lost both "soft" commits -- TJ and Daniels.

Top Bottom