QB Jacob Clark commits to Gophers!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Take that Cal!

Oh and for any of the "copy / paste from the internet" media folks out there:

This guy as about as close to the next Joe Montana as it gets!

Take that Cal!

Forgive my ignorance, but can you elaborate on the Joe Montana comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clark had offers from Iowa, TCU, Syracuse, Cal, Purdue and many others.

Go Gophers!!

Our class is now 26th nationally:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

BOOM! Fleck doing work! Love the way this staff recruits.

Guys, I think he's going to be Minnesota's first Heisman winner since Bruce Smith!
Clark looks just like Weinke!

Take that Cal!

From the tape I've seen, he's more of a Manning/Brady/Marino/Elway combination.

I just hope he makes it to the start of Fall practice.

Seriously - the demise of VV has lowered the bar for future QB recruits.

Let's not burden this guy with expectations that he's coming in to save the program. Give him the space to just play the game, and the results will speak for themselves.

And I will try not to give Pat Reusse any material for future columns.

Let's not burden this guy with expectations that he's coming in to save the program. Give him the space to just play the game, and the results will speak for themselves.

You can be excited about a recruit without expecting him to be a Heisman winner. People get excited about the possibility of him (or any other recruit) being good.

If I have an interview for a dream job, it's okay to be excited about the opportunity even if I don't end up getting the job.

What can we say to be quoted in the next Reusse Blog? Looks like a really good natural passer. If all stick we will have four quality options and good competition. Really in 2018 you need two good options and everything else will be fluid.

Here we go...

Here we go...

Well those two panned out so well that's there's now way this can fail!
Sarcasm aside, I'm excited for Jacob Clark to join the Gophers and look forward to seeing what he can do in the Maroon and Gold :)

Well those two panned out so well that's there's now way this can fail!
Sarcasm aside, I'm excited for Jacob Clark to join the Gophers and look forward to seeing what he can do in the Maroon and Gold :)

Q worked out just fine as a football player.

Q worked out just fine as a football player.

I'm sure that Seth will as well. I just think it's funny that our most highly touted QB recruits seem to end up as tight ends.

The receivers he had were not to bad themselves. Interest??

Skepticism over Fleck aside, I always get excited when a good player chooses the U. Congratulations, Jacob Clark. I hope that you and your teammates can prove that Fleck is the great coach that many fans think he is.

I think fun / hype about a new guy joining the team is normal, have some fun with it. Folks who don't get that it isn't a critical evaluation ... well they can just keep not getting it. When someone says "man this ice cream is the best" those folks probabbly jump all over them "YOU REALLY THINK THIS IS THE BEST ICE CREAM OF ALL ICE CREAM!?!!? ARE YOU CRAZY!?!!?"

I'm sure that Seth will as well. I just think it's funny that our most highly touted QB recruits seem to end up as tight ends.

Well, when the coaches that recruited those guys preferred overall athleticism and ability to potentially play multiple positions over pure passing ability, that's what happens.

Tough to speculate but wonder if he's a better passer than Cole Kramer.....

I'd like some depth at QB hope they both can co-exist.

Only real difference on espn is height 6'5'' vs 6'1'', and 40 time, 4.69 CK, 5.04 for this guy....

Highest level Texas high school ball has to be a notch above anything here.....

I can't imagine a scenario in which what is written on Gopher Hole would burden an incoming player. I also don't think it's a grave error to talk about a game some weeks ahead on the schedule rather than "being focused" on the game at hand. What takes place on this forum has no real world implications (other than providing fodder for Pat Reusse, apparently).

STrib: Texas quarterback Jacob Clark commits to Gophers for Class of 2019

Clark completed 185 of 295 passes for 2,937 yards and 29 touchdowns with 10 interceptions for Rockwall last year. He also rushed for 125 yards and seven touchdowns.

Clark’s commitment gives the Gophers 11 verbal commitments for the recruiting Class of 2019. On Tuesday, linebacker Ahmad McCullough, who gave Minnesota a verbal commitment in early May but later withdrew his commitment, signed a letter of intent to play for Maryland in the 2018 season. McCullough is a Baltimore native.

With Clark’s commitment, the Gophers’ Class of 2019 is ranked 24th nationally and sixth in the Big Ten in the 247Sports composite ratings.

http://www.startribune.com/texas-qu...mmits-to-gophers-for-class-of-2019/484699111/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom