Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GoGoGopher12 View Post

Jacob Clark got is 4th Star from Rivals. When is the last time the Gophers got a 4-Star QB?
    By the final Rivals rankings, 2008 with MarQueis Gray.

Jacob Clark got is 4th Star from Rivals. When is the last time the Gophers got a 4-Star QB?
    Was Seth Greene four star? Demry Croft? MarQueis Gray?

Blog Entries

2009....Moses Alipate

4 star on 247 (.9177)
    https://247sports.com/player/moses-alipate-23875/
    JohnnyBoy18: "I just want all three entirely new staffs to get their credit and thanks." --11/29/2017

Moses Alipate hahahaha

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsmaroonandgold View Post
    Was Seth Greene four star? Demry Croft? MarQueis Gray?
    Seth was a 5.7 3-Star in the final Rivals Rankings

Blog Entries

I hope he is not allergic to ROSES.
    Gopher football backer since '62.
    Current GopherHole walk on.

Here comes the offseason of people speculating sight unseen that he will be the 2019 starter now. That 4th star can bring with it some big expectations around these parts. He's still the same guy so let's keep our expectations the same. Ideally he redshirts.

It is promising to have a player who rose to his 4 star instead of fading as a HS senior like some of the other QBs listed here.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    Here comes the offseason of people speculating sight unseen that he will be the 2019 starter now. That 4th star can bring with it some big expectations around these parts. He's still the same guy so let's keep our expectations the same. Ideally he redshirts.

It is promising to have a player who rose to his 4 star instead of fading as a HS senior like some of the other QBs listed here.
    I'm not sure how it's ideal that he would redshirt next season. Do you honestly think the current stable of QBs on the roster are better? If Clark is significantly better (or even close to even) why wouldn't you play him?

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post

I'll continue to have the expectation we have an open QB competition next year. This dude can ball, we have another decent QB coming in. They are competing against two guys that have less than one full year under center. Alex and Tanner have a head start, but it's not like they are entrenched as our only choices for starters and I wouldn't cry if either got the hook for a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    I'll continue to have the expectation we have an open QB competition next year. This dude can ball, we have another decent QB coming in. They are competing against two guys that have less than one full year under center. Alex and Tanner have a head start, but it's not like they are entrenched as our only choices for starters and I wouldn't cry if either got the hook for a freshman.
    Yeah, Alex is a great QB! I'm really rooting for him to start for the Gophers next year!

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Yeah, Alex is a great QB! I'm really rooting for him to start for the Gophers next year!
    Where did I get Alex from? Thats a total brainfart.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Where did I get Alex from? Thats a total brainfart.
    I thought maybe you'd heard that Hornibrook was transferring here?

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    I thought maybe you'd heard that Hornibrook was transferring here?
    Heard it here first folks!

I'm not sure how it's ideal that he would redshirt next season. Do you honestly think the current stable of QBs on the roster are better? If Clark is significantly better (or even close to even) why wouldn't you play him?

Here is what I know. I thought for true freshman Annexstad played well and rsFR played well. From what I've seen Morgan should enter spring as starter, for me ideally, he holds that spot down.

If clark beats him out, he should play. I would find it hard to think Clark will do so based on what I've seen

Seth Green, Clint Brewster, Alipate and Gray were all rated 4 stars by at least one service.

Green was still 4 stars on Scout I think when he signed here.