Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Wrong. Having 8 scholarship quarterbacks would be way too many. No team does this.
    Itíll be nterestung to see how many PJ takes in 2020. Iíd have to think if no one transfers we only would take one.

I think I can live with who ever PJ chooses to play QB. One thing in comparing Zack and Tanner...Zack was hurt most of his time and the offensive line was inferior during his time.
    The good news is, if Clark wins the job he must be better than two other pretty capable candidates....which means we should have a very nice season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    And, both have been subject to revisionist history. Itís fine, Iím happier with Morgan going forward than either.
    Hahahahaha, both Croft and Leidner were crap. It essentially Killed the Kill coaching staff as a crew. In the end Kill didnít have what it takes to recruit 22 BT quality starters. Glad heís gone cuz his ability to grade BT qbs was garbage.

Wrong. Having 8 scholarship quarterbacks would be way too many. No team does this.
    Yeah 2 a year is way too many. I wish we had not offered the Eden Prairie qb personally. I'd assume we only sign one or even none next year.

Quote Originally Posted by btowngopher View Post
    Yeah 2 a year is way too many. I wish we had not offered the Eden Prairie qb personally. I'd assume we only sign one or even none next year.
    You can turn QBs into other positions. Could Kramer play safety or lb or TE?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Wrong. A lot teams do it. They also lose a couple along the way or they switch positions. You never know.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post

Depends on the qb

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    Wrong. A lot teams do it. They also lose a couple along the way or they switch positions. You never know.
    Wrong again. If they switch positions they aren’t a QB. And no team, possibly ever, has had 8 scholarship QBs on their roster at a time. Next year we’ll have 4 and people are already speculating who will transfer.

Well Mason took six(!!!) QBs in 2004 class...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post

Don't you think five to six is optimal? Take one, QB a year unless you have a legit high four star, then maybe you can skip a recruiting class and use that scholie elsewhere like for an extra OL.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

I'd like give you the benefit here, but the Gophers have had 12 rostered QBs in the last 5 years. That's more than 2 a year.

I never said scholarshiped.

You need 4 on the roster at all times.

Competition is good. Backups are a necessity. Facts suck.

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    Don't you think five to six is optimal? Take one, QB a year unless you have a legit high four star, then maybe you can skip a recruiting class and use that scholie elsewhere like for an extra OL.
    Always, always recruit a QB EVERY YEAR. Any decent HC would tell you that.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

I'd like give you the benefit here, but the Gophers have had 12 rostered QBs in the last 5 years. That's more than 2 a year.

You did say "sign" there is an implication there.

Except that you said 2 per year. Facts suck.