QB Jacob Clark commits to Gophers!!

Nice pick up. His highlight real is impressive.
I can foresee him enrolling early, this fall early, but in an online format. He'll lead his HS team to a state title on Friday nights, catch a plane to wherever we are playing and lead us to the promised land...Pasadena. Not looking for a Heisman out of him in his first year.

Not looking for a Heisman out of him in his first year.

We finally recruit an ELITE cannot miss quarterback, or any position he puts his mind to, who take this FAMILY at HYPER speed to the promised land, we all love the kid's HOW, and you feel the need to lower the bar. Go buff your cheesehead.

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but in his very short highlight film on 247 I did not see him do anything but lock on a receiver...never scanned the field for another option. I do like how he does move his release point a little bit. Kind of reminds me of Andre Woodson at Kentucky a few years back, but Woodson had a bit more of a rubbery motion, if that makes any sense.

I hope this new bit about comparing Gopher commits to all time greats never ends. This is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid runs similar offense as Gophers - formations, play action, motions, etc - which is a plus. Hope we can get him to sign and then we’ll see how he performs.

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but in his very short highlight film on 247 I did not see him do anything but lock on a receiver...never scanned the field for another option. I do like how he does move his release point a little bit. Kind of reminds me of Andre Woodson at Kentucky a few years back, but Woodson had a bit more of a rubbery motion, if that makes any sense.

Just like Johnny Unitas!

Rubbery motion?? Arm stretches like the lead guy fro the Fantastic Four?

Personally, I think he's going to be even better than Steve Montana. I'm surprised no one else has made that comparison yet.

I haven't seen a more electric arm outside of the starting rotation for the Dundas Dukes.

To me he looks like Terry Bradshaw at his peak. Maybe not the best thrower, but a genuine winner who won 4 Super Bowls.

He's a high school QB. A high school QB that makes it through more than 1-2 reads without doing something with the football is about as common as a wild unicorn.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't win 5 Heismans, myself, including the redshirt year.

You read it here first. After he wins the 5th Heisman, they'll rename the trophy after him. From then on it'll be the Clark award.

I haven't seen a more electric arm outside of the starting rotation for the Dundas Dukes.

Ya but, Miesville is even more impressive. The real questions are 1. Does Clark make it to campus? 2. Does he remain a quarterback or switch positions? 3. Does he transfer if he gets here?

Ya but, Miesville is even more impressive. The real questions are 1. Does Clark make it to campus? 2. Does he remain a quarterback or switch positions? 3. Does he transfer if he gets here?

None of those things matter.

If he doesn't make it to campus: we lose commits all of the time.
If he ends up a TE: it's fine, good TE's are important.
If he transfers: Good! that will free up a scholarship, the 2020 recruit is better, and it will help our recruiting rankings.

I dunno, folks. I'm afraid that he might go pro after the first four Heismans, so he might not stick around long enough to land the 5th Heisman.

Seriously, after last year, I'll be happy with any QB who can just take a snap and run a play without something bad happening. If nothing else, I think we have re-set expectations for the QB position. And that could actually work in the Gophers' favor. Opposing teams will be selling out to stop the run, so there will be opportunities to complete passes, assuming the QB has time to throw and has at least one WR or TE who can get open. In fact, let's take that a step further. I will predict right now that a Gopher QB will have a 300-yard passing game this season - and then opposing defenses will adjust, and all of the RB's will breathe a sigh of relief as they no longer face 9 in the box every snap.

Rubbery motion?? Arm stretches like the lead guy fro the Fantastic Four?

I'm more partial to equating the rubbery arm motion to Stretch Armstrong.

Gotta love the sense of humor, here. Kudos. Some others would just flame and call Ruesse an "idiot."

Thanks. When Ruesse's right, he's right. I came across as an idiot but I was really excited about VV. So much for looking at highlights. I guess that's why the word "high" is in there. I will try to be more like Son from now on.

I'm sure that's all he does is stare down his targets. Probably never looks at other options. That's why a ton of schools wanted him. I'm sure that's the only video fleck saw and said hey I gotta have this kid he looks great on this 30 second video.

I'm sure that's all he does is stare down his targets. Probably never looks at other options. That's why a ton of schools wanted him. I'm sure that's the only video fleck saw and said hey I gotta have this kid he looks great on this 30 second video.

just get a qb who is durable and as good as weber/leidner (WEBNER!) and PJ will be able to get the team to 8 wins.

just get a qb who is durable and as good as weber/leidner (WEBNER!) and PJ will be able to get the team to 8 wins.

I don't think that PJ And Leidner would have got along well. They're both high character guys, but Leidner was not very accurate and PJ was a receiver.

Thanks. When Ruesse's right, he's right. I came across as an idiot but I was really excited about VV. So much for looking at highlights. I guess that's why the word "high" is in there. I will try to be more like Son from now on.

No one should be like SON. His takes are basically meaningless- no one knows how good player X will be. No one knows if Fleck will be successful, maybe he will or maybe he won’t. We might win or lose the game - no one knows until it’s played.

SON will always be right because he talks in vague either or generalities. I come to GH for opinions and hot takes.

No one should be like SON. His takes are basically meaningless- no one knows how good player X will be. No one knows if Fleck will be successful, maybe he will or maybe he won’t. We might win or lose the game - no one knows until it’s played.

SON will always be right because he talks in vague either or generalities. I come to GH for opinions and hot takes.

John - you may not agree with me, but when I post something, that is honestly and truthfully what I think, and what I believe.

I also try to stay out of the pissing contests and shouting matches on here because they don't solve anything, and no one ever changes their mind.

If you want me to jump up and down, scream and shout because some kid gave a verbal commitment to the Gophers, you're going to be waiting a long time. I don't give a rat's butt how good some 16 year old kid looks in a HUDL video. I will form my opinions based on how they play for the Gophers, because that is what matters - not what kind of stats they racked up playing against Podunk Technical College and Beauty School.

I dunno, folks. I'm afraid that he might go pro after the first four Heismans, so he might not stick around long enough to land the 5th Heisman. ......

Glad to see your optimism, but I think it might be a little premature since he hasn’t even graduated high school yet. We know you only post what you believe...lol.

Glad to see your optimism, but I think it might be a little premature since he hasn’t even graduated high school yet. We know you only post what you believe...lol.

I take it you missed the extensive discussion in another thread on the proper use of sarcasm.

If you want to know what I believe - the Clark kid looks good on a highlight tape. Viramontes looked good on a highlight tape. I will predict right now that IF Clark signs a LOI with the Gophers, his career with the Gophers will last longer than Viramontes. I will also predict that he will not win the Heisman. Shoot, I'd be happy if he makes 2nd-team All-Conference. That would mean better production than the average Gopher QB of the last 50 years.

Wow...this reads like a hot take...

<iframe width="300" height="150" frameborder="1" src="https://n.rivals.com/content/prospect_cards/209594"></iframe>

Jacob Clark got is 4th Star from Rivals. When is the last time the Gophers got a 4-Star QB?

Top Bottom