Why do the Gophers play Maryland six consecutive years?

How is it that the hardcore Fleckites that constantly hurl personal insults at people never get banned from this site? Meanwhile, detractors and negatives (in the case of our program, the sane realists) get banned for sayin boo to someone?

If I repeatedly called posters idiots I would've been banned about a month in.

Are you really that much of a snowflake that you think he's honestly "trolling?"

He's saying Maryland came in and embarrassingly beat us, sending the squad into a tailspin. Is the term "@$$ kicked" a little over the top? Sure. Warranting going out of your way to insult the intelligence of someone (which always says something about you're own)? No.

Its not far from the truth. A bad team beat us at home with their 3rd string QB.....we don't even have 3! If that doesn't make you upset, I'm most sure you really care much about the product, which makes your 3 post per day average over 5 years on a Gophers football fan site a little weird (dare I say idiotic? Maybe not, I'll probably be banned).

I know I was embarrassed the Gophers lost to a 3rd string QB at home. Also knew that Bowl eligibility chances took a huge hit.

Yep...kicked our @$$. I was at the game watching us flounder. That game gave a precursor to us being b!tch slapped 70-0 in the last two games of the season.

That was a talented MD team who just beat Texas, I'll have you know!

Look at MD's schedule last year.

It wasn't easy.

WINS

Date Time Opponent Site TV Result Attendance
September 2 12:00 p.m. at No. 23 Texas* Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX FS1 W 51–41 88,396
September 9 12:00 p.m. Towson* Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD BTN W 63–17 37,105
September 30 12:00 p.m. at Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium • Minneapolis, MN FS1 W 31–24 43,511
October 28 3:30 p.m. Indianadagger Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD BTN W 42–39 35,144

LOSSES

September 23 3:00 p.m. UCF* Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD FS1 L 10–38 33,280
October 7 4:00 p.m. at No. 10 Ohio State Ohio Stadium • Columbus, OH FOX L 14–62 107,180
October 14 3:30 p.m. Northwestern Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD ESPN2 L 21–37 38,325
October 21 12:00 p.m. at No. 5 Wisconsin Camp Randall Stadium • Madison, WI FOX L 13–38 78,058
November 4 3:30 p.m. at Rutgers High Point Solutions Stadium • Piscataway, NJ (Rivalry) BTN L 24–31 35,221
November 11 3:30 p.m. No. 21 Michigan Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD BTN L 10–35 44,325
November 18 4:00 p.m. at No. 22 Michigan State Spartan Stadium • East Lansing, MI FOX L 7–17 70,216
November 25 3:30 p.m. No. 12 Penn State Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD (Rivalry) BTN L 3–66 49,680
*Non-conference game. daggerHomecoming. #Rankings from AP Poll released prior to game. All times are in Eastern Time Zone.

That was a talented MD team who just beat Texas, I'll have you know!
With a third string quarterback who had not played before, I'll have you know.
It was one of the most disappointing losses I've watched. That day our boys got their @$$es kicked by a third stringer...from Maryland.

With a third string quarterback who had not played before, I'll have you know.
It was one of the most disappointing losses I've watched. That day our boys got their @$$es kicked by a third stringer...from Maryland.

You mean they got beat by 1 TD scored with 1:10 left in the game. Oh and their 3rd stringer was better than any QB we had available. Keep on living in your fantasy world though.

You mean they got beat by 1 TD scored with 1:10 left in the game. Oh and their 3rd stringer was better than any QB we had available. Keep on living in your fantasy world though.

For a guy that cares so much about “stars” he (Max) was a lowly rated recruit and put up pretty subpar stats despite the availability of some nice offensive weapons. Do you think he would have fared better than our guys if we swapped squads? It’s not arguable DC’s completion percentage was so atrociously low because a) ridiculous drop rate and b) having to throw it away running for his life.

For a guy that cares so much about “stars” he (Max) was a lowly rated recruit and put up pretty subpar stats despite the availability of some nice offensive weapons. Do you think he would have fared better than our guys if we swapped squads? It’s not arguable DC’s completion percentage was so atrociously low because a) ridiculous drop rate and b) having to throw it away running for his life.

So you're saying Maryland was a better overall and more talented team last year? I would agree. They had fewer wins because they played one of, if not the toughest schedule in the country. Plus they were decimated by injuries as the season went on.
And I've defended Croft some before for the reason's you mentioned. He was still a bad QB though.

Either way the Gophers didn't get their @ss kicked. That's just a ridiculously stupid take by someone who routinely does it on purpose.

So you're saying Maryland was a better overall and more talented team last year? I would agree. They had fewer wins because they played one of, if not the toughest schedule in the country. Plus they were decimated by injuries as the season went on.
And I've defended Croft some before for the reason's you mentioned. He was still a bad QB though.

Either way the Gophers didn't get their @ss kicked. That's just a ridiculously stupid take by someone who routinely does it on purpose.

I think we were out coached. It was a frustrating game. Max had his best day against us. I don't think we lose under the prior regime.

Yep. We got our @$$es kicked by a quarterback who had never taken a college snap until that game. The people in the stadium were beside themselves with disbelief at the sh!t show they/we were watching from the Gophers. It was the precursor to what would come at the end of last season.
But, if you wish to bury your head in the sand...go for it.

Yep. We got our @$$es kicked by a quarterback who had never taken a college snap until that game. The people in the stadium were beside themselves with disbelief at the sh!t show they/we were watching from the Gophers. It was the precursor to what would come at the end of last season.
But, if you wish to bury your head in the sand...go for it.

Knock it off. We didn't get our asses kicked, and it wasn't Bortenschlager's first collegiate snap.

Look at MD's schedule last year.

It wasn't easy.

WINS

Date Time Opponent Site TV Result Attendance
September 2 12:00 p.m. at No. 23 Texas* Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX FS1 W 51–41 88,396
September 9 12:00 p.m. Towson* Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD BTN W 63–17 37,105
September 30 12:00 p.m. at Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium • Minneapolis, MN FS1 W 31–24 43,511
October 28 3:30 p.m. Indianadagger Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD BTN W 42–39 35,144

LOSSES

September 23 3:00 p.m. UCF* Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD FS1 L 10–38 33,280
October 7 4:00 p.m. at No. 10 Ohio State Ohio Stadium • Columbus, OH FOX L 14–62 107,180
October 14 3:30 p.m. Northwestern Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD ESPN2 L 21–37 38,325
October 21 12:00 p.m. at No. 5 Wisconsin Camp Randall Stadium • Madison, WI FOX L 13–38 78,058
November 4 3:30 p.m. at Rutgers High Point Solutions Stadium • Piscataway, NJ (Rivalry) BTN L 24–31 35,221
November 11 3:30 p.m. No. 21 Michigan Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD BTN L 10–35 44,325
November 18 4:00 p.m. at No. 22 Michigan State Spartan Stadium • East Lansing, MI FOX L 7–17 70,216
November 25 3:30 p.m. No. 12 Penn State Maryland Stadium • College Park, MD (Rivalry) BTN L 3–66 49,680
*Non-conference game. daggerHomecoming. #Rankings from AP Poll released prior to game. All times are in Eastern Time Zone.

Most MD's win were close games, most MD's losses were not.

I think we were out coached. It was a frustrating game. Max had his best day against us. I don't think we lose under the prior regime.

Could be. But we also lost Winfield in the 1st quarter, and Rhoda threw a redzone pick. Those two things alone could have been the difference between winning and losing a 1 score game.

Knock it off. We didn't get our asses kicked, and it wasn't Bortenschlager's first collegiate snap.
[emoji23] Alright...I won't argue with the statistics guru...
I was at the game. The perception of the fans is that we got our @$$es kicked.
At present we are not as good a football program as Maryland. Perhaps Fleck will change that, but we lost to Maryland at home last year and we looked really bad. Second, we were shut out the last two games of the season...and we looked really bad.
At present...Maryland owns us.

Top Bottom