Viramontes transferring

Of course, it has to be because Viramontes is a "tool" (only a "tool" in their own right would say such a thing), or stupid. Probably has something to do with Claeys as well. We wouldn't be in this position if he would've had a ready made Heisman candidate here for Fleck.

It's just not possible that Fleck made a poor personnel decision, and told the kid they're not going to use him.

Reading this makes my head hurt.

Pj really missed it. Poor decision.

Shocking that gh is now poo pooing vv leaving. Remember the signing?

I was thinking the same thing...the talk that Fleck found a diamond in the rough that others had missed. Can't imagine the hate that would have been posted if this happened and TC was still HC.

The flip side to that is Fleck did get Annexstad as well, and I think he will prove to be the starter by the end of August.

According to ESPN1500, the beat writer for the Pioneer Press is reporting that VV is going back to Junior College, where he plans to move to LINEBACKER in hopes of landing a scholarship at a different D1 school.

So, not only is he leaving the Gophers, he is reportedly changing positions.

To be honest, I think this is kind of funny. When VV signed, a lot of people anointed him as the immediate starter, based on watching his highlight tapes at Junior College. Now, it turns out he has decided he can't play QB at the D1 level. That is a ringing endorsement for JUCO stats.

On the practical side, Gopher fans had better hope that Morgan or Annexstad can cut it at QB.

Join us tomorrow for another episode of "As The Gopher Turns."

According to ESPN1500, the beat writer for the Pioneer Press is reporting that VV is going back to Junior College, where he plans to move to LINEBACKER in hopes of landing a scholarship at a different D1 school.

To be honest, I think this is kind of funny. When VV signed, a lot of people anointed him as the immediate starter, based on watching his highlight tapes at Junior College. Now, it turns out he has decided he can't play QB at the D1 level. That is a ringing endorsement for JUCO stats.

On the practical side, Gopher fans had better hope that Morgan or Annexstad can cut it at QB.

VV's no longer on the Gophersports roster page...

I was thinking the same thing...the talk that Fleck found a diamond in the rough that others had missed. Can't imagine the hate that would have been posted if this happened and TC was still HC.

The flip side to that is Fleck did get Annexstad as well, and I think he will prove to be the starter by the end of August.

If Claeys could have recruited and developed a better qb in the one full year he was here, then we wouldn't have had to let him go for an embarrassingly mediocre nine win season.

We seemed really high on this guy, I assume that in the recruiting process we at least considered that big ten play might be a higher level than juco.

If Claeys could have recruited and developed a better qb in the one full year he was here, then we wouldn't have had to let him go for an embarrassingly mediocre nine win season.

We seemed really high on this guy, I assume that in the recruiting process we at least considered that big ten play might be a higher level than juco.

Well that didn't take long...

I have no problem with this at all.

Looking on the bright side: A highly regarded JUCO quarterback wasn't able to beat out the two younger quarterbacks we have on the roster. That seems to bode well for Morgan and Annexstad.

Looking on the practical side: I never have a problem with a player transferring. They've only got one go-around on the college Ferris wheel, and they should always do what's best for them.

Spin zone: we got 2 guys with tons of eligibility left who are better than the best JUCO QB in the country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also wondering if PJ calls up Duggan and Bachmeier and tells them the news. Perhaps they wanted immediate playing time or a good chance for immediate playing time and viewed Vic as the main threat...

Spin zone: we got 2 guys with tons of eligibility left who are better than the best JUCO QB in the country

There shall be none of this kind of talk here on GopherHole.

This effectively removes the redshirt possibility for Annexstad. Even if Morgan is the starter, and I suspect he will be, there's very little chance he'll take every snap this season. That will put the two of them in the same class.

Ouch, that leaves very little depth at QB. Plus, the top 2 are a redshirt freshman and a walk-on freshman. 2019 QB recruiting not going great either. This program just cannot get the QB position right.

There shall be none of this kind of talk here on GopherHole.

Maybe VV figured there is no one to throw to. Hadn’t we heard that excuse for bad qbs and bad qb recruits in the past?

I would much rather have some growing pains but 4 years of Morgan and Annexstad than 3 with VV, college QBs all need time to develop and by years 3,4 we find out how good they really are. Might be another rough QB year

Do we have another walk on, to be 3rd string?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sucks that Armstrong left too. That would of helped with the depth at the position but still too young

Sounds like VV was homesick more than anything else.

The struggle is real. The struggle goes on. The struggle is to grow the boat past the hype.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Pj really missed it. Poor decision.

Shocking that gh is now poo pooing vv leaving. Remember the signing?

It's only a poor decision if opportunity cost exceeds what we did receive. Whom did we lose by taking Vic?

Probably not a starter and likely not a contributor. Maybe just our academic score takes a hit.

What did we gain? PJ got information. We took a chance on Vic.

Matter of fact the timing means PJ Did something right for both the gophers and this kid. Likely told him he doesn't have shot playing QB D1. Kid gets a shot, we get clarity.

PJ didn't worry about sunk costs, he cut sling load when he should have. That's objectively proper decision making.

This effectively removes the redshirt possibility for Annexstad. Even if Morgan is the starter, and I suspect he will be, there's very little chance he'll take every snap this season. That will put the two of them in the same class.

Seth Green could take emergency snaps

Pay sites said Vic was a huge commit for Gophers and a coup for Fleck. Now they are ripping the kid.

Not sure how true it is, but I remember hearing that one of the reasons he flipped to Cal was he was being told by Michigan he would most likely need to change positions, to FB, TE, or LB and he didn't want to do that. It sounds like now he might be willing to do something other than QB. I'm sure starting over at a completely new position this fall woul have him buried on the depth chart at any D1 school.

This is a bad look for the program. If he is so bad that he couldn't be our backup QB (preserve Annexstad's RS and give us a running dimension), then it was an awful job of talent evaluation.

This is all starting to feel a little more Brewster-esque. He have had some nice recruits that helped our "rating" in guys like Beck, Handy-Holly, and Vic and now, here we are. We are dependent on two FR QBs (one of them a walk-on), we somehow still lack depth at S.

He was a project as a passer with a lot of dual threat upside...clearly the “project” went as well as the Tacoma Narrows bridge.

Annexstad played half a season at IMG and did just ok, he’s not going to be ready as a true freshman but maybe he’ll take his lumps this year if Morgan doesn’t show upside.

Round and round we go.

This is a bad look for the program. If he is so bad that he couldn't be our backup QB (preserve Annexstad's RS and give us a running dimension), then it was an awful job of talent evaluation.

This is all starting to feel a little more Brewster-esque. He have had some nice recruits that helped our "rating" in guys like Beck, Handy-Holly, and Vic and now, here we are. We are dependent on two FR QBs (one of them a walk-on), we somehow still lack depth at S.

OMG the sky is falling.

Top Bottom