Viramontes transferring

mggoph

Section 112, Row 1
Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Begs the question- did Fleck promise him the starting job (Vic sure did Row the Boat when he committed), and has since been beat out by Morgan or Annexstad? Also, why not stay here if he's switching positions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Meh, not a huge loss. Writing was on the wall for him that me didn't have much of a future here as a QB after the Spring Game.

I think the surprise meter is really low on this. The kid might be graduate transfer with two years to play at some point.

Wow. Someone didn’t do their homework. Player or coaches. That’s not a good look in my opinion, on everyone, to give up without a single fall practice.

CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Transfers are more and more part of the game so not a huge issue but always prefer to have stability among the players.

He commits to Michigan, switches to Cal, goes to RCC, comes to the U and transfers back to RCC. Not a good track record of commitment or perseverance.

Transfers are more and more part of the game so not a huge issue but always prefer to have stability among the players.

They certainly are a big part of Vic's game. There is nothing wrong with moving around some as part of an upward trajectory, but I do not see that here. At some point he will need to stay put and pay some dues.

Golden D-Bag award to Vic. We hardly knew yee, Victor.

dbag.jpg

Neil McLaurin part 2

In all seriousness, will Seth Green move back to QB for depth reasons? Gophers just lost Roste as well.

Well at least another scholarship opened up for the 19 class.

Apparently he wasn't much of a thrower and was likely told he had already lost the qb position and would have to change position to see the field this year. What a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looked real bad in the spring game... best of luck to him but man, show a little loyalty and commitment to a school haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is turning out he is not a perfect fit for the Gophers. It was clear he was struggling in practice compared to Annexstad and Morgan. It appears that he has too big an expectation riding on his shoulders.

Why go back to RCC, when he can drop down to FCS and do what Streveler did? He may even shine.

I'll admit to being super-hyped when he committed given that it was pretty clear he was a phenomenal athlete. That said (and I hope this doesn't sound harsh or snobbish), the first interview I heard with him gave me pause about his ability to learn and operate a D1 offense. I then saw the Spring game, and suddenly I was hoping he'd switch positions.

I'll admit to being super-hyped when he committed given that it was pretty clear he was a phenomenal athlete. That said (and I hope this doesn't sound harsh or snobbish), the first interview I heard with him gave me pause about his ability to learn and operate a D1 offense. I then saw the Spring game, and suddenly I was hoping he'd switch positions.
You're essentially saying you heard an interview with him and thought he was too dumb to learn a college offense. So yea, that is definitely harsh and a bit snobbish

You're essentially saying you heard an interview with him and thought he was too dumb to learn a college offense. So yea, that is definitely harsh and a bit snobbish

But it also appears to be true.

Begs the question- did Fleck promise him the starting job (Vic sure did Row the Boat when he committed), and has since been beat out by Morgan or Annexstad? Also, why not stay here if he's switching positions?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The most important position on the field and we lack experience and depth. Fleck swung and missed when he needed to hit it out of the park.

I am sure he thought he was a lock for the starting QB, just as many of us thought when he signed. It had to be a jolt to be 3rd in the rotation, knowing that Fleck will be bringing in more competition every year. So, do you want to be buried 3 deep on a P5 team or go play JC and possibly get another shot at a P5 starter job? Can’t blame him for chasing his dream.
I have no problem with him buying into PJ and then moving on when he knew he wouldn’t get to drive the car. I could see Vic being successful in the old Kill scheme where they didn’t need a good passer. But PJ, being a old WR, wants a good passer to get the ball to the WR’s that he is recruiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back to JUCO? What are the odds that his grades were too low? Seems like he may not have the brightest bulb.

I was just looking at who might be out there from a grad transfer. I found one name a little bit intriguing - Jeff George Jr. He's actually grad transferring with 2 years of eligibility remaining. I mean, at least he has Big 10 experience, if he's allowed to transfer within the conference. I'd still go forward with Annexstad and Morgan, but it might not hurt to take a look.

There's also Tucker Israel who also has two years of eligibility remaining after graduating from Clemson. He's a bit small, but if he's good enough to be on Dabo Sweeney's roster.....

The question on him was always whether he could pick up the passing game and his coach at RCC said as much. This is not a good look all around. Either VV realized he didn’t want to row the culture (the brutal winter up there couldn’t have helped his transition) or he was told he has no shot at the starting position after 15 practices and being brand new to the system. If it’s the latter that’s a fail on assessment and implies PJ was throwing offers at the wall in 2017 to see who would bite after the Armstrong debacle. He needs to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the QB search this year. Someone perhaps a little underrated and late developing like McIvor or Calzada (?) or hope one of the two on roster develops quickly to stay on his 2020 timeline.

I wonder if PJ has tried to get in on Hunter Johnson? He's evidently looking at Northwestern and Purdue so it doesn't seem like it would be a stretch.

Of course, it has to be because Viramontes is a "tool" (only a "tool" in their own right would say such a thing), or stupid. Probably has something to do with Claeys as well. We wouldn't be in this position if he would've had a ready made Heisman candidate here for Fleck.

It's just not possible that Fleck made a poor personnel decision, and told the kid they're not going to use him.

Would have loved to see him stay and play linebacker or fullback. I am disappointed too that his lack of passing ability was overlooked by the staff, but i am pleased that the staff didn’t try to go the “easy route” and play him as a mostly run only qb. It may have been effective against half of our schedule but I want to see a good passing and balanced attack here in the next few years. Heck maybe even this year.

Of course, it has to be because Viramontes is a "tool" (only a "tool" in their own right would say such a thing), or stupid. Probably has something to do with Claeys as well. We wouldn't be in this position if he would've had a ready made Heisman candidate here for Fleck.

It's just not possible that Fleck made a poor personnel decision, and told the kid they're not going to use him.

Pj really missed it. Poor decision.

Shocking that gh is now poo pooing vv leaving. Remember the signing?

Top Bottom