Gopher Football Facilities

HoustonTXGopher

Reaction score
DepwrVXUwAAlqj5.jpg:large

The football team now uses the 1.5 fields outside and has the new indoor facility as part of the new athletes village, will they continue to use the indoor field in the old football complex? Can someone help me break this all down? Thanks in advance.

The old indoor facility will be used by other teams exclusively now.

I'm pretty sure none of the outdoor football fields are new.

There are some pretty nice facilities in that picture!

The Track & Field teams are big winners in this deal. It is about time that they did something for them. Their old facility was sub-par to host any big meets. About the only thing that I don't like about the new football indoor facility is the echo-vibrations. It is hard to hear from the sidelines.

I'm pretty sure none of the outdoor football fields are new.

There are some pretty nice facilities in that picture!

Yep the outdoor 1.5 fields have been there for at least 15 years. Happy for all the student athletes that get to use the new facilities, hope the academic centers help enable many more young people get their degrees!

Putting all the critical resources at a centralized location increase the chances of the athletes being successful overall.

I hope they also have counseling dedicated to the student athletes in the new facility to cater to their psychological well-being. Somewhere I heard that more and more students at the U are seeking counseling help.

The 1.5 outside feilds were always there. Other sports, club sports, and the band will likely use the old indoor facility.

Top Bottom