NC State at Wisconsin

Purdue at Florida State

Virginia at Maryland

Rutgers at Miami

Virginia Tech at Penn State

Pitt at Iowa

Georgia Tech at Northwestern

Illinois at Notre Dame

* Wake Forest is the lone ACC team not a part of the event.

https://frshoopz.com/cbb/rothstein-matchups-set-for-2018-acc-big-ten-challenge/

Go Gophers!!

BC has the same colors as Florida State so Gopher fans should feel in familiar ACC/Big Ten Challenge territory.

Actually should be a pretty good test vs Boston College who should also be vying for a NCAA tournament bid. Even though they lose Jerome Robinson, Ky Bowman is an absolute stud. They also have former MN prep Steffon Mitchell who's a do everything kind of guy for them. He can't really shoot still, but still an important piece for them.

Actually should be a pretty good test vs Boston College who should also be vying for a NCAA tournament bid. Even though they lose Jerome Robinson, Ky Bowman is an absolute stud. They also have former MN prep Steffon Mitchell who's a due everything kind of guy for them. He can't really shoot still, but still an important piece for them.

Interesting, I had no clue that Mitchell ended up at BC. Pretty impressive numbers for a freshman last season

In order for a B1G win this year, I think it comes down to getting these 3 road games:

Michigan State at Louisville
Nebraska at Clemson
Minnesota at Boston College

Both Virginia teams will likely win on the road and UNC might as well. The rest look like home wins to me.

This should be a nice contest for the gophers. I expect BC to be a bubble team next season, so going on the road and picking up a win would look good on a resume. Great chance it'll be a Q1 game and at worst a Q2 game.

This will be the first ever meeting between Minnesota and Boston College.

Kind of odd that Illinois got a better game (@notre dame) than us. They’ve stunk and will continue to stink. That’s not an even matchup w Notre Dame.

I'd rather face an easier team this year than a marquee / national game. This team needs to pile up wins and gain confidence.

If everything goes perfectly for this team, at the end of the year we'll be healthy and have chemistry. I think in a perfect world we can peak like Michigan did and go on a run.

Why did Illinois get Notre Dame?!

Every year I'm disappointed by the draw the Gophers get in this challenge. At this point, I'm going to stop myself from ever getting excited about who we can get. Don't get me wrong, Miami was a good team last year, and Boston College should be a bubble team this year, but for once I wish we could get a "brand name" basketball team. I know we'll probably never get the Dukes and North Carolinas of the world, but Louisville, Notre Dame, and Syracuse would be great to see. This challenge committee continues to slap us in the face, and maybe we deserve it given our 5 NCAA tournaments in the last 15 years, but still. Ugh...

In order for a B1G win this year, I think it comes down to getting these 3 road games:

Michigan State at Louisville
Nebraska at Clemson
Minnesota at Boston College

Both Virginia teams will likely win on the road
and UNC might as well. The rest look like home wins to me.

Not if Maryland dresses up the arena like it's an NCAA tournament game....

Why did Illinois get Notre Dame?!

Every year I'm disappointed by the draw the Gophers get in this challenge. At this point, I'm going to stop myself from ever getting excited about who we can get. Don't get me wrong, Miami was a good team last year, and Boston College should be a bubble team this year, but for once I wish we could get a "brand name" basketball team. I know we'll probably never get the Dukes and North Carolinas of the world, but Louisville, Notre Dame, and Syracuse would be great to see. This challenge committee continues to slap us in the face, and maybe we deserve it given our 5 NCAA tournaments in the last 15 years, but still. Ugh...

Why anyone would want a team with as many question marks as this one playing a top five ACC team is beyond me. It doesn't do any good for your reputation (not to mention your record) if you are embarrassed by an elite team.

I'd rather face an easier team this year than a marquee / national game. This team needs to pile up wins and gain confidence.

If everything goes perfectly for this team, at the end of the year we'll be healthy and have chemistry. I think in a perfect world we can peak like Michigan did and go on a run.

Agree with your first statement. As for the second, I try not to dream about a perfect world.

Why anyone would want a team with as many question marks as this one playing a top five ACC team is beyond me. It doesn't do any good for your reputation (not to mention your record) if you are embarrassed by an elite team.
Hear! Hear!

There is nothing worse for recruiting than a blowout loss in these type of games.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom