Q&A with Dupree McBrayer - talks injury recovery, off-season work, new coaches, etc.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Q&A with Dupree McBrayer - talks injury recovery, off-season work, new coaches, etc.

per GopherSports:

GS: What have you been working on since the season ended?

DM: Since the season ended I’ve been trying to get healthy. I’ve had orders not to really do too much, but I can shoot. So, just shooting every day and working on my jump shot and stay consistent with that.

GS: With your injury [stress reaction], is it more rehab, rest, or a mix of both?

DM: It’s kind of both. Have a little bit of rest but rehab it also to make sure it doesn’t happen again in a couple months when we get into summer workouts.

GS: What kind of advice have you gotten from Coach Pitino heading into the summer?

DM: Coach P has just been telling me to take my time, don’t rush back. He wants me to have a great year – he knows I’m going to have a great year, so just take my time. When I’m ready, he’ll be ready to push me hard, work out harder and lead the team.

GS: What are your impressions of new assistant coaches Kyle Lindsted and Rob Jeter?

DM: When I was at Sunrise Christian Academy, Coach Kyle was the high school coach there when I was on the prep team. So he and I have a good relationship, I’m familiar with how he does things and he’s a great guy – I love him, he’s very positive. Coach Jeter, we’re texting right now, he’s asking me how I’m doing and things like that. So he wants to build the relationship, it’s not just basketball but trying to get to know me on a personal basis.

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/052718aaa.html

Go Gophers!!

I've enjoyed this new (or at least new to me) feature of player interviews on Gophersports.com. I am worried about Dupree's health as he's been less than 100% for close to a full year now and there is no timeline or guarantee on when this issue will be fixed.

I've enjoyed this new (or at least new to me) feature of player interviews on Gophersports.com. I am worried about Dupree's health as he's been less than 100% for close to a full year now and there is no timeline or guarantee on when this issue will be fixed.

Agreed, he sure is a warrior though. Maybe if it lingers the depth on the team won’t force him to play as long in stretches as last year.

Good news! According to IW's Insta story, Dupree has been given a clean bill of health finally. He should be ready to go next for summer practices probably.

Top Bottom