6-6 would be a win for next year

Honestly health determines a great deal of what success is.
If everyone stays healthy they could win a bunch of games.
If two quarterbacks get hurt in the opener we might not win a game.

Like others, I think our QB situation will prove to be better than last year as the season rolls on, but experience matters and the lack of it will likely show up early.

It's not like we had much quarterback experience last year. Neither of those quarterbacks had played much prior to last season.

1. You have no idea where he stood on the depth chart
2. He was a highly coveted recruit for MN that, for whatever reason, only spent one semester on campus. That is not good on many counts.
3. He was the only QB on the roster that had taken a snap at any college level.

Agree on all three.

Honestly health determines a great deal of what success is.
If everyone stays healthy they could win a bunch of games.
If two quarterbacks get hurt in the opener we might not win a game.

Or if we have two QBs at the level of last year and guys elsewhere get hurt ... :(

Or if we have two QBs at the level of last year and guys elsewhere get hurt ... :(

I know it was just a spring game, but I think that our QB situation this year is a little better than last year. We have "a guy", and he looked pretty decent.
He's going to get all of the reps, all of the receivers' attention, etc.
I would rather have a Leidner than a Rhoda/Croft.

We're getting back a few key pieces....

I don't know. I mean, none of us really know what's going to happen, and there's no science behind this, but PJ came in with a lot of non-football related problems on his mind last year.

I hope he's going to do something very special now that the bulls*** is in the past and we're focused on football.

He went from 1-11 to 8-5 after one season at WMU. I really hope that he's able to help us take a big step forward this year against a fairly average schedule (trip to OSU excepted).

Top Bottom