Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2019 recruiting

http://www.startribune.com/hopkins-g...iew/501726561/

Gophers coach Lindsay Whalen arrived just in time to watch one of her future players, Sara Scalia, lead Stillwater over Lakeville South 66-40.Scalia had 24 points and created chances for the other Ponies.

Whalen and Gophers assistant coach Kelly Roysland stayed to watch St. Michael-Albertville face Lakeville North, a duel between two of the state’s best junior guards in the Knights’ Kenzie Kramer and the Panthers’ Lauren Jensen.

Jensen scored 24 points, but the creativity of Kramer, along with the standout efforts from guards Tessa Johnson and Jadyn Hanson, helped St. Michael-Albertville prevail 74-53. Kramer finished with 16 points.

“I played with her in AAU and it’s always fun when you go play someone you know,” Kramer said of Jensen.

Whalen and Roysland-Curry were there scouting several players!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by samloupete View Post
    Whalen and Roysland-Curry were there scouting several players!
    Both MN born and bred and both know how important it is to get the best home grown kids in the State. They've got a great place to scout within the seven county metro area alone. Many D1 players that attract national attention. Wait until Spring when they go outstate.

Whalen being from Hutchinson, and Roysland-Curry from tiny Fosston (between Bemidji and Grand Forks) know what it is like to dream about being a Golden Gopher.

I am impressed. How they will scout outstate MN? Will we ever see Whalen at Rochester, Fargo/Moorehead, Duluth/Cloquet, Bemidji area, etc...? I guess the big focus is in the Twin Cities Metro. Lots of kids play AAU basketball and other leagues today.

I can't wait to see the MN Gophers Caravan this Spring/Summer with Whalen, Fleck, Motzko, Pitino, and others.
    Last edited by hungan1; 12-02-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

For some reason, Iggy didn’t highlight the part about Bueckers. There’s a few people around here that are interested in her.

Before the game, Royals superstar guard Paige Bueckers sat along the wall and kept her teammates entertained by lip-syncing and dancing to the music in her headphones.

When the game started, Bueckers did her dancing on the court, toying with the Lightning by slashing to the basket, hitting off-balance pull-up shots and draining long-range bombs, leading Hopkins to a 75-48 victory.

Eastview led 11-10 in the first half before Bueckers took over. She scored six straight points, then began feeding her teammates as Hopkins went on a 26-5 run. The game was essentially over after that.

Bueckers had 25 points for Hopkins (4-0), which earned its third victory of the young season over a highly touted foe, having already beaten Stillwater and Lakeville North.

As far as “Kenzie” goes, it’s good to hear that she’s creative. I wanna know if she still has the sick handles she did back in eighth grade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    As far as “Kenzie” goes, it’s good to hear that she’s creative. I wanna know if she still has the sick handles she did back in eighth grade.

Lindsay Whalen fan. Check.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Former Top 100 recruit (#36) Grace Berg is transferring from Mizzou. She's been removed from the Mizzou roster already, but Hoopgurlz had her listed as a 6'0'' wing player. She averaged 3.8 points, 1.7 rebounds in 13 minutes as a freshman.
    https://mutigers.com/documents/2018/...df?path=wbball

Carly and Whalen just followed her on her Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
    Former Top 100 recruit (#36) Grace Berg is transferring from Mizzou. She's been removed from the Mizzou roster already, but Hoopgurlz had her listed as a 6'0'' wing player. She averaged 3.8 points, 1.7 rebounds in 13 minutes as a freshman.
    https://mutigers.com/documents/2018/...df?path=wbball

Carly and Whalen just followed her on her Twitter.
    Just looking at who Grace has followed on twitter, id say its very very likely shes going to Drake.