Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 recruiting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post

I wonder if Destiny Pitts who was a former HS team mate of Jasmine will weigh heavily in the Gopher's favor.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    I wonder if Destiny Pitts who was a former HS team mate of Jasmine will weigh heavily in the Gopher's favor.
    Didn’t seem to work for that other teammate of hers.

what teammates of hers did the gophers go after and missed out on?

Quote Originally Posted by Shades View Post
    Didn’t seem to work for that other teammate of hers.

Deja Church but she wasn’t a team mate. They were just friends!

Wasn’t she a teammate? Maybe they were just friends.

They both did their visit here together but didn't play on same AAU team nor high school team. Church came from same high school as the Bello sisters. I think this is the first D1 prospect from Pitts High School.

Yeah, Deja Church was who I was thinking about. They were fellow Miss Basketball candidates but not teammates (unless maybe on AAU). Church WAS teammates with the Bello twins, so I guess you could say the Bello twins weren’t a big enough draw for Church.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ting/93540530/

I’m just realizing how Michigan this team has tried and are still trying to be. Is going after teammates of already established Gophers kind of taking the easy route? I guess if they’re really worth going after, then it’s best to play that card.

http://www.startribune.com/u-hoop-co...end/493336251/

Some official visits by the committed 2019's.

The first three players to commit to Whalen in the 2019 class were Stillwater guard Sara Scalia, Des Moines Roosevelt (Iowa) forward Grace Cumming and Des Moines East wing Justice Ross, who are all currently on their official visits on the U campus.

Scalia was able to stop by one of the Gopher practices when Whalen was still coaching and playing for the Minnesota Lynx.

“It’s really fun to watch the practices,” Scalia said. “It’s really cool to see her coaching. She knows the game really well. Her and her coaching staff are fun to watch. Players obviously loving playing for them. Her coaches run a lot of the stuff in practice. She can be pretty intense sometimes, but she’ll throw in a joke every once in awhile.”

Cumming and Ross grew up playing hoops on the same Iowa traveling teams, but one of their best memories was driving down to the Twin Cities to watch a Lynx game together in the seventh grade.

“We went up with my dad to a Lynx game and took a picture in front of the court,” Cumming said. “That’s pretty cool. Now we’ll be playing for one of the players we were watching back when we were middle schoolers. I’ve always loved her toughness and grit. When she’s out there you can just see the competitiveness. I’ve always thought that was the coolest thing ever.”

According to the Champaign News-Gazette, Klarke Sconiers is making her official visit to Illinois this coming weekend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    According to the Champaign News-Gazette, Klarke Sconiers is making her official visit to Illinois this coming weekend.
    Hopefully, she'll schedule a visit to MN before she makes up her mind.
    "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." -Muhammad Ali