Report: Multiple sources are speculating that Reid Travis is transferring to Kentucky

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

My inner-most Doobie Brothers

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Do we have an open schollie? I didn't think so

No.

My thinking being, if Travis had expressed any interest in the Gophers (which he obviously didn't), Pitino would have been a fool not to take him even with our (perceived) strength in the frontcourt.

No.

My thinking being, if Travis had expressed any interest in the Gophers (which he obviously didn't), Pitino would have been a fool not to take him even with our (perceived) strength in the frontcourt.

Got it. If it had been communicated to Pitino prior to taking on the last 3 schollies.......

I know nothing about Travis, but my speculation is he thought Kentucky would be the best place to get exposure and boost his draft stock.

He will get his masters in NBA style basketball.

Having already graduated he'd be foolish to stay at Stanford (and in the PAC12) next year when he can play with future NBA players at UK with much, much, better national exposure. No brainer decision IMO.

Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Having already graduated he'd be foolish to stay at Stanford (and in the PAC12) next year when he can play with future NBA players at UK with much, much, better national exposure. No brainer decision IMO.

Will be interesting to see how it works out.

If he is going to be an NBA player he should go pro now. A year at Kentucky just shortens his pro basketball career by 1 year.

ESPN says he has also expressed interest in Villanova. Better school than Kentucky for a masters.

If he is going to be an NBA player he should go pro now. A year at Kentucky just shortens his pro basketball career by 1 year.

I don't think he's in line to be a first round pick this year. He needs to kill it next year on a big stage.

If Reid wants to play in the NBA he has to prove he can shoot a 3 and play either interior or perimeter D and be a PJ Tucker type or something. More likely is he'll make plenty of money playing overseas but after years of playing for a bad team he'll get to experience playing for a contender

If Reid told Pitino he'd come if there was an open spot, Pitino would push somebody out in a heartbeat, and I'd be fine with it. Gotta do what you gotta do when your team has the potential this one has, even if it slightly hurts recruiting down the line.

Who was the poster that said he talked to Pulley guys at the state tournament and said he loves Stanford and their academics... So much for that if he goes to Tucky.

I'd tell Matz, I hope you enjoyed your free year of tuition and C'ya later if Reid wanted to come here.

It's a no brainer to go to an inferior school academically, where you may have to split minutes, or even be flat out replaced, by some 5-star one-and-done?

Also, if you have any moral conviction, it's a no brainer to go play for a coach that has gotten schools in hot water with the NCAA in the past? A guy that is neck-and-neck with Williams from UNC for unanimous college ball dirtbag award?

Playing at Kentucky will do almost nothing for his draft stock. Not anything that playing for any other tournament team wouldn't do. It's a ridiculous premise. There are no parallel outcomes of Travis turning into an NBA All-Star via Kentucky but only a Euro-Leaguer via any other school. Kids and their parents actually buy this crap? If you're physically talented enough to play in the NBA, they'll find you and you'll play in the NBA. They pull kids out of glorified YMCA leagues in the Balkans every year.

If you want to go play at Kentucky because you want the cash, the fancy dorms, the media attention, the girls, you want to win a title, etc, more power to you. Have a blast. But, don't BS me with the NBA crap. If you really believe that, it sounds like you already know you're not good enough.

(Disclaimer: I haven't seen anything from Reid or his camp, but the ready-made excuse is already being thrown out here like bubble gun on a parade route).

It's a no brainer to go to an inferior school academically, where you may have to split minutes, or even be flat out replaced, by some 5-star one-and-done?

Also, if you have any moral conviction, it's a no brainer to go play for a coach that has gotten schools in hot water with the NCAA in the past? A guy that is neck-and-neck with Williams from UNC for unanimous college ball dirtbag award?

Playing at Kentucky will do almost nothing for his draft stock. Not anything that playing for any other tournament team wouldn't do. It's a ridiculous premise. There are no parallel outcomes of Travis turning into an NBA All-Star via Kentucky but only a Euro-Leaguer via any other school. Kids and their parents actually buy this crap? If you're physically talented enough to play in the NBA, they'll find you and you'll play in the NBA. They pull kids out of glorified YMCA leagues in the Balkans every year.

If you want to go play at Kentucky because you want the cash, the fancy dorms, the media attention, the girls, you want to win a title, etc, more power to you. Have a blast. But, don't BS me with the NBA crap. If you really believe that, it sounds like you already know you're not good enough.

(Disclaimer: I haven't seen anything from Reid or his camp, but the ready-made excuse is already being thrown out here like bubble gun on a parade route).

Reid can play wherever he freaking wants. Glad to hear UK is morally inferior to Minnesota (hello sex scandal after scandal) but I doubt Reid (or most persons in his position) care about someone else's lofty moral standards. Maybe Reid wants to play in the NCAA tournament or *gulp* even win an NCAA tournament GAME.

Good luck to Reid if he chooses UK or elsewhere. Minnesota is NOT going to attract these high-end players and I have no issue with it.

Reid can play wherever he freaking wants. Glad to hear UK is morally inferior to Minnesota (hello sex scandal after scandal) but I doubt Reid (or most persons in his position) care about someone else's lofty moral standards. Maybe Reid wants to play in the NCAA tournament or *gulp* even win an NCAA tournament GAME.

Good luck to Reid if he chooses UK or elsewhere. Minnesota is NOT going to attract these high-end players and I have no issue with it.

I think we have a few high end (equivalent) talents on the team now - Coffey, Murphy

This is his best option, he plays well on the big stage and he'll be a first round pick next year.

Agreed. Great exposure, open playing time and excellent coach to get him ready for the NBA. Good for Reid.

If Reid wants to play in the NBA he has to prove he can shoot a 3 and play either interior or perimeter D and be a PJ Tucker type or something. More likely is he'll make plenty of money playing overseas but after years of playing for a bad team he'll get to experience playing for a contender

I think Reid's interior D is what it is at this point. He is never going be be a decent rim protector due to physical limitations. That IMO is the primary reason why he isn't a first round pick and won't be quite the player in the pros that he was in college. In high school AAU ball, he also struggled to score against much longer defenders, that is something he can at least improve a bit.

As an undersized 6'8" PF, Travis is unlikely to last long in the NBA if he makes it at all. He went to one of the best academic schools in the country and got a degree. Now maybe it's his goal to win a national championship, and he feels Kentucky is his best chance to do that. I don't see anything wrong with that.

As an undersized 6'8" PF, Travis is unlikely to last long in the NBA if he makes it at all. He went to one of the best academic schools in the country and got a degree. Now maybe it's his goal to win a national championship, and he feels Kentucky is his best chance to do that. I don't see anything wrong with that.

^^^^^^^

Advice to Reid: Walk on at Minnesota. Practicing against Murphy, Curry, and Omersa can only make you better.

Top Bottom