Trivia Question

Broncos181973

Reaction score
When was the last time a Minnesota (Golden Gophers, Not Vikings) QB threw a TD pass in an NFL game?

This comes up about once a year. Pretty sure it's Hohensee when he was a scab in 1987.

Yes, good answer, Breakin'.

And no other.

In fact Tony Dungy might be only other Gopher QB who COMPLETED a pass in The League.

Think that doesn't play on recruiting QBs to The U?

Here are the top three, for want of a better phrase, former Gophers in NFL touchdown passes.
1) Bronko Nagurski 7
2) Harold Van Every 4
3) Mike Hohensee 4

Leo, not to pick nits - but:

Are you seriously going to refer to Nagurski as a QB?

Also Van Every was a Single Wing Tailback, so not technically a QB.

When was the last time a Minnesota (Golden Gophers, Not Vikings) QB threw a TD pass in an NFL game?
Jerry Kill was a qb away from being hired away from the for 5 mill per year. It’s possible that JErry ran off Philip Nelson who possibly could have led Jerry and crew to the upper levels of college ball. Jerry missed his one and only chance

Jerry Kill was a qb away from being hired away from the for 5 mill per year. It’s possible that JErry ran off Philip Nelson who possibly could have led Jerry and crew to the upper levels of college ball. Jerry missed his one and only chance

And Phillip Nelson is playing - where, now?

I checked to if Nelson was in the spring league. Gopher fans do not look up 2018 spring league results

You keep bringing up this take. NO he wasn’t! Country Jerry was not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shouldn't the answer be Spergon Wynn? Or was he never actually on the team?

I believe former AFL great Gino Cappeletti for the Boston Patriots completed a TD pass - likely on a fake or botched FG attempt as he was a place-kicker and WR.

Yes, good answer, Breakin'.

And no other.

In fact Tony Dungy might be only other Gopher QB who COMPLETED a pass in The League.

Think that doesn't play on recruiting QBs to The U?

You keep bringing up this take. NO he wasn’t! Country Jerry was not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yer wrong. If the gophers beAt Wisconsin To go to play in the BT title game - Jerry would have been offered and taken a 5 mill/year job. Need an example see the rise of Fleck

Leo, not to pick nits - but:

Are you seriously going to refer to Nagurski as a QB?

Also Van Every was a Single Wing Tailback, so not technically a QB.

I love it when people say "I hate to complain" or "I hate to nitpick" and then proceed to do so. I included Nagurski and Van Every to point out that Minnesota's history of quarterback is so woeful that the top two "passers" on the list were not even quarterbacks. Guess that got subtlety by ya.

Did Weber ever throw one in a preseason game for the Broncos?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I love it when people say "I hate to complain" or "I hate to nitpick" and then proceed to do so. I included Nagurski and Van Every to point out that Minnesota's history of quarterback is so woeful that the top two "passers" on the list were not even quarterbacks. Guess that got subtlety by ya.

Yes, that was truly hard to miss. Like a bowling ball.

Shouldn't the answer be Spergon Wynn? Or was he never actually on the team?

Yes, this is the actual correct answer. Wynn played for the Gophers in 1996 and threw a TD pass for the Vikings in 2001.

Did Weber ever throw one in a preseason game for the Broncos?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Weber had an 89 yard pass, but the guy didn't score. The NFL identifies players by the last team they were with before they entered the league. I don't think that includes Wynn. If Streveler throws an NFL TD somehow, it goes in the books for USD.

Weber had an 89 yard pass, but the guy didn't score. The NFL identifies players by the last team they were with before they entered the league. I don't think that includes Wynn. If Streveler throws an NFL TD somehow, it goes in the books for USD.

strevlers success proves Kill picked FCS quality quarterbacks. Leidner, Croft same story likely decent fcs players but in the end Kill couldn’t pick qbs for the big show

strevlers success proves Kill picked FCS quality quarterbacks. Leidner, Croft same story likely decent fcs players but in the end Kill couldn’t pick qbs for the big show

Leidner was vastly superior to both Croft and Streveler at the U and has no business being lumped in with them.

And yes, I'm quite certain that a mid-tier Big Ten QB would "likely" be a "decent" FCS player.

Leidner was vastly superior to both Croft and Streveler at the U and has no business being lumped in with them.

And yes, I'm quite certain that a mid-tier Big Ten QB would "likely" be a "decent" FCS player.

Yeah Leidner was better but still I think Jerry Didn’t know what it takes to be a good BT qb.

Broncos as in western Michigan. Yeah your coach succeeded at the Mac level and got hired away. I think has never ever happened at the U. We chanted Jerry for being 2nd place in the West oh we have been a mess for muchos anos.

Couldn't pick, or couldn't convince them to commit to the University of Minnesota?

Top Bottom